First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
Honestly, I thought I would miss having a tach (I figured I would put up the digital tach all the time), but after having it for 4 months, I don't miss it at all. I really like the dual productivity screens on the Lariat although I wish they would make the one on the right a bit more useful.
I keep my left display showing digital MPH because it it just just so much easier to quick glance at it instead of having interpret what the speedo is showing. To know what the RPMs are, I configured fuel gauge to split and also show the RPMs in the same space.
Sponsored

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Today I went with the tach, gas gauge and coolant temp over the miles to empty, gas gauge and tach. I like having a coolant temp gauge.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Today I went with the tach, gas gauge and coolant temp over the miles to empty, gas gauge and tach. I like having a coolant temp gauge.
This is the one I use as well. Iā€™m anal about monitoring coolant temp.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Well, sometimes in certain v6s the tach is useful to see how close to redline you are when going up a hill. :-D
I had a Diesel jeep at one point, I would use the tach to figure out if I needed to lock out OD since it would "happily" chug along at 1700F EGT's and 2000 rpm's. And the opposite (when to unlock OD) since 55mph in 3rd would be 4500RPM which was just over redline in that jeep :)

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
My 2020 Lariat has push button start.

ChrisLuce

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Information Technology
Same here - Push button start, LED headlights, keyless entry, turn signals/puddle lights on the mirrors, leather seats and the B&O sound were the biggies for me. I'm really glad I sprung for the Lariat.
I called the dealership where I bought my truck and asked about upgrading to the B&O Sound System and they quoted me $6000-$7000 for the upgrade. I knew it was going to be expensive but DAMN that is too much. :(

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I called the dealership where I bought my truck and asked about upgrading to the B&O Sound System and they quoted me $6000-$7000 for the upgrade. I knew it was going to be expensive but DAMN that is too much. :(
You were quoted the ā€œwe have 0 interest in doing this upgrade for youā€ price.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
I would estimate that $3,000USD would get you a great sounding stereo system that would outperform the OEM B&O sound system.
I like the improvement over the base system, glad my Lariat has it. Iā€™m not even sure I would option it in Ć  la carte.