Push Button start...

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Vehicle Showcase
There are a number of items I would love to have on the XLT that are on the Lariat... One of them is push button start. Is there anyone that has started any research on this mod?
Sponsored

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
For me, it was touch door unlock/ push button start and LED headlights. There are also about a dozen more things on the Lariat.
I had an XLT and took the bullet and went with a Lariat.

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
It would require almost too much to do the mod. It’s located somewhere else entirely from the ignition.

I’m sure it can be done, but I can’t imagine it’s cheap or not labor intensive.

Ergo, Lariat FTW.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
For me, it was touch door unlock/ push button start and LED headlights. There are also about a dozen more things on the Lariat.
I had an XLT and took the bullet and went with a Lariat.
Yup, me too. Was either an XLT 4x4 or Lariat 4x2. Went with the Lariat with Rear Locker and happy I did!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, me too. Was either an XLT 4x4 or Lariat 4x2. Went with the Lariat with Rear Locker and happy I did!
Same here - Push button start, LED headlights, keyless entry, turn signals/puddle lights on the mirrors, leather seats and the B&O sound were the biggies for me. I'm really glad I sprung for the Lariat.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Same here - Push button start, LED headlights, keyless entry, turn signals/puddle lights on the mirrors, leather seats and the B&O sound were the biggies for me. I'm really glad I sprung for the Lariat.
Same here!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I chose the Lariat over the XLT because I like having up to date tech and a great sound system. Never even considered the XLT because....Push-button start.... I don't care for steering column keys dangling hitting my knee...

JoedOH

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Originally I looked at the XLT but after looking at the options on the Lariat it was a no-brainer for the price. And being honest I like the dash layout on the Lariat more than the XLT.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Originally I looked at the XLT but after looking at the options on the Lariat it was a no-brainer for the price. And being honest I like the dash layout on the Lariat more than the XLT.
Honestly, I thought I would miss having a tach (I figured I would put up the digital tach all the time), but after having it for 4 months, I don't miss it at all. I really like the dual productivity screens on the Lariat although I wish they would make the one on the right a bit more useful.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I agree on the XLT dash layout.
I also like the headlight assembly look of the XLT when lighting is off.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Not really much point in looking at the tach on a ten speed automatic

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not really much point in looking at the tach on a ten speed automatic
I'd say there really isn't much point in a tach for ANY automatic trans. More of a curiosity than anything. Even with my 5 speed Ranger I didn't really use the tach all that much. It was more for info/reference - I never used it to determine my shift point.

I just thought I'd be more interested in it, but after 4 months, I really don't care about it. I do like to see the gear display, though. That I DO find interesting and useful. I just wish there was a way for it to always display.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I'd say there really isn't much point in a tach for ANY automatic trans. More of a curiosity than anything. Even with my 5 speed Ranger I didn't really use the tach all that much. It was more for info/reference - I never used it to determine my shift point.
Well, sometimes in certain v6s the tach is useful to see how close to redline you are when going up a hill. :-D

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Me too - I was willing to bite the $$ bullet because my wife's car has it and I drive Fords back from auction and am just used to it and wanted it. Then in the months waiting for it to come I'd look over the Ranger brochures which make it easy to see all the extras and like you all point out, there's a lot more than the start. My only regret of sorts is I did not want a CrewCab so I missed the B/O sound.
Sponsored