Proclip Phone Mount for the Ranger is Now Available!

Enitan

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I just could never get into these I guess ::shrug::

I just plug in my iPhone to the USB port, CarPlay comes up and I don’t need to look at my phone at all with Siri working with the steering wheel button.
Sponsored

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a fan of Proclip phone mount solutions and used them for almost ten years in all my vehicles. These mounts are high quality no-drill solutions custom made for your specific vehicle. They are nit cheap since you have to by the car mount and the device holder separately but the device holder can be transferred to your next mount which is what I did when I traded my Ford Escape for the Ranger. I received my mount today in the mail. it took my about 5 minutes to install the mount in my vehicle and about 10 minutes to install the device holder for my iPhone XS Max. It looks great and is secure. This solution does partially block access to the dash tray. If you're using the full tray, this solution may not work for you, I don't really like using the tray because of the hot Texas Sun. You can read more about Proclip at their website - www.proclipusa.com

Here are some pictures of my installation...

IMG_1107.jpg
IMG_1103.jpeg
IMG_1105.jpeg
IMG_1106.jpeg

BTW - This is CarPlay's new home screen in iOS 13.:)
I have been a fan of Proclip products for years and have used them in a number of my cars and have always been happy..... Until now.

The mount is stronger than the plastic tray and keeps flexing it and making it pop out with the weight of the phone. the second downer is that the mount blocks almost 1/3 of the tray on the dash and we already have so little storage in our rangers.
I like having my iphone up high and easily accessible so the location was perfect for me.

I feel like they didn't do enough R&D on this one and I will be looking for something else.

Last edited:

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
I like ProClip but really not into that position for this vehicle.. tugging on and covering part of the tray doesn't seem nearly as OEM-like as some of their others. The DirectFit mount installs in an impressive OEM-like position and manner. Now if it only it wasn't a ball mount. I am too picky about the angle my phone sits at and like mounts that I can't adjust :D

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I dig it! Clean install and I have been looking for something else ever since I posted above about the proclip.
Was Course Motorsports on this forum or how did you find them? I really like that phone mount but it needs to be lower so it doesn't block the driver's view of the SYNC screen. That's a deal breaker for me.

deton8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2008 F150 Foose Edition, 2006 Pontiac GTO, 2004 Buell XB12S, 1995 Yamaha TW200
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Course Motorsports mount but put it on the right side of the screen. With the phone on there it's not blocking anything. I really like this mount.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
E9D6E7EF-1505-4402-9FB1-BA74F2B7662E.jpeg
New law in TN, phone must be hands free, not even on your person.
Will be about as easy enforcing as the seat belt law but it’s badly needed.

Ive got a Fast Ball, truck does everything else.
That is the exact spot I have my ball mount (and added a 2nd one on the other side for my honey's phone). I find most phone mounts are butt-ugly and I don't need phone hanging out from dash (that's what the touchscreen is for). The magnetic ball mounts are brilliant as they are discreet but solid, we also have them in the boat and sports cars.

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I have the Course Motorsports mount but put it on the right side of the screen. With the phone on there it's not blocking anything. I really like this mount.
Do you know if the ball from that mount would be compatible with ram mount accessories?

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I dig it! Clean install and I have been looking for something else ever since I posted above about the proclip.
Do you know if the ball from that mount would be compatible with ram mount accessories?

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
Anyone try the new mount proclip is offering?

https://www.proclipusa.com/product/855628-center-mount

855628-b-25375601-1200_1200.jpg
That's what I just got. It's my first ProClip mount. I love it.

Why did I get one? I saw some posts about people just leaving their phone in the tray. I can do that. But, if you do something like DoorDash for extra cash, you really need to have your phone where you can see it to accept orders. I'm not doing Uber in the Ranger, but I used to do it in my Grand Caravan. Same thing, you need to be able to have the phone in easy reach and view to accept a ride. Yes, CarPlay does, and I use it, for everything else.
Sponsored