Pre Collision error after going thru car wash

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Would you be willing to share a picture of the connector and where it is located so that I can find it please. All 4 sensors were wiped dry after the car wash. Thanks!
It's going to be under or near the driver's headlight.
The easiest way would be to gain access from the bottom, follow the wiring harness from one of the 2 drivers side sensors up to the connector C145.
So, either access it from the driver's fender well liner or underneath the bumper or you may be able to see it by pulling off the radiator shroud cover.
Sorry I do not have an actual pic as it is buried.

Edit: If it helps the Fog Lamps go through that same connector C145, so you can follow the Driver's wire harness to it as well.

For Ref: The Pic you posted is for C144, the green colored connector up and to the left of the one I have circled.

C145.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

JCMAC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, Sport Pack
Occupation
Retired Systems Analyst
It's going to be under or near the driver's headlight.
The easiest way would be to gain access from the bottom, follow the wiring harness from one of the 2 drivers side sensors up to the connector C145.
So, either access it from the driver's fender well liner or underneath the bumper or you may be able to see it by pulling off the radiator shroud cover.
Sorry I do not have an actual pic as it is buried.

Edit: If it helps the Fog Lamps go through that same connector C145, so you can follow the Driver's wire harness to it as well.

For Ref: The Pic you posted is for C144, the green colored connector up and to the left of the one I have circled.

C145.jpg
Thanks for the effort, since we in Ottawa are currently well below freezing and my garage is unheated it is unlikely I will be poking around there in pooling melt-water looking for the connector. It has since "dried out" as the false parking obstruction warnings have gone away. I speculate that the under-body spray at the car wash is responsible and I will try to avoid it next car wash which may be as soon as tonight. Will keep you posted. No codes or other warnings are present which makes a visit to the dealer an expensive waste of time.