First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Mine goes off occasionally but there is always something close by. If the system doesn't like your closure rate it will let you know.
My alerts are usually when I have someone making a right turn into a parking lot or driveway and I don't make a decisive move to the left, passing distance is usually 5 feet or less...
Sponsored

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
Mine went off once too. Is a bit unnerving when an alert pops up when not used to a vehicle with such things. It was night time on the interstate, just before a sweeping left turn and I was in the right hand lane. There was a car off to the right side of the road in the grass but near enough to a straight line path in front of me. I was surprised by how far away the truck detected the abandoned vehicle.

I knew the approaching turn in the road would take us away from the parked car safely. Staying on the road there was no chance of ever hitting it. My truck rightly knew if we went straight instead of turning we could have clipped it.

Tiewunon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2018 Lincoln MKX, 2017 F-150 King R
Occupation
Retired
I have yet to have it happen on my Ranger. However its happenned to me few times in my King Ranch. With that said it will alert each time I approach this one particular overpass going west bound irregaurdless of traffic infront of me or not. Think it has to do with the sun and shadows cast near this overpass.
Not to get off the subject but much like lane keeping if the lines disappear in a large intersection and then you get a shake upon it reaquiring the painted lines.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mine goes off when a vehicle is making a right turn in front of me. I am behind it even 4 car lengths.

Tiewunon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2018 Lincoln MKX, 2017 F-150 King R
Occupation
Retired
SubVet yours acts just like my F150 does. It will also scare the heck out of you the first time you have a specific right turn lane and you approach a car already stopped in the lane left of you.
Had a couple of Fordpass messages also when snow and slush accumulates on the camera. It clears itself when it melts off or you brush it off.
BTW thanks for your service.
GO NAVY
Fly Navy or AAL

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Mine goes off when a vehicle is making a right turn in front of me. I am behind it even 4 car lengths.
Mine just did this the other day and scared the crap out of me lol. I did increase the sensitivity a while back because it didn't seem to be going off at times when I thought it should've. Maybe it's something with the right turn angle because I don't recall it ever happening when they're turning left?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
D
Mine just did this the other day and scared the crap out of me lol. I did increase the sensitivity a while back because it didn't seem to be going off at times when I thought it should've. Maybe it's something with the right turn angle because I don't recall it ever happening when they're turning left?
Saw this on the local news last night... it reminded me of this thread.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/10/29/vehicle-pedestrian-involved-auto-accidents/

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
When I first got my Ranger, it would do this every time I pulled into the carport. It’s not a small carport(24 ft wide). Lights & alarms flashing. Scared the crap out of me at first. It just stopped doing that about a month ago. Guess it “learned” there is no danger when pulling into carport.:)

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
SubVet yours acts just like my F150 does. It will also scare the heck out of you the first time you have a specific right turn lane and you approach a car already stopped in the lane left of you.
Had a couple of Fordpass messages also when snow and slush accumulates on the camera. It clears itself when it melts off or you brush it off.
BTW thanks for your service.
GO NAVY
Fly Navy or AAL

Thankfully I don't live where it snows are slushies. Left New Jersey 1973 never to return. Neither case the Lincoln has a much more aggressive reaction using red LEDs right in front of the driver. I don't usually see the display on the Ranger I just hear it.

As a car is making a left turn the relative speed between the truck in the car gets higher as you close in while he is turning making a right in front of you will fool the truck into thinking it's stopped. I'm used to it now I can predict when it's going to happen

Bubble head here SSN594 Permit Class. Thank you for your service

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have not noticed it with a vehicle turning left. Likely because the vehicle has to stop when turning left on occasion.

When a vehicle is making a right-hand turn, the distance between you and the vehicle is shortening fast even though the vehicle is not a danger...It works well.
Sponsored