First Name
char & tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Healthcare
Went out on a pretty spicy trail. Guy in a wrangler sport was stuck on these stair steps so we had to trail build to get him out.

Had to park on the side of a rather steep section to get him past us. Wife was a bit uncomfortable sitting at a 28* angle on a rocky slope. Hah.
8306DFD7-A911-49BA-83B1-B1111D56262E.jpeg
im curious what your experience with the offroad info display is-

my suspicion is that it takes a little while to refresh, or it averages over a certain time interval. it seems that it never shows the pitch or camber that is quite as extreme as i suspect, but then i am rarely at those angles for more than a few moments. i wondered if you park/stay at those angles that is when it is actually a representative read.

or maybe it registers instantaneously, but i never look at the dials at the right time because i am trying not to roll the truck..
Sponsored

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription

my suspicion is that it takes a little while to refresh, or it averages over a certain time interval. it seems that it never shows the pitch or camber that is quite as extreme as i suspect, but then i am rarely at those angles for more than a few moments. i wondered if you park/stay at those angles that is when it is actually a representative read.

or maybe it registers instantaneously, but i never look at the dials at the right time because i am trying not to roll the truck..
Anytime I’m off road it responds within seconds of the change. I’m not sure if it’s speed based and if you are going faster it will average differently than going slowly. As I backed up that slope it changed while I was moving. No real delay.

I use the gauge to level the truck when setting up camp and it’s accurate enough to make setting up camp really easy. It’s never off more than 1 degree.

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
7B23D6E1-E1C1-4B25-9BA6-D78BBEB7AB0A.jpeg

3 days of driving around Reveille Peak Ranch while hauling a bed full of guns, ammo, and gear.
Not as “off-road” as many have shown here, but the trail roads between stages definitely made the new tires and suspension shine.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer

One thing to add too, the angle of the slope is way less than it ever "feels" like. If you draw an angle of 30 degrees on a piece of a paper, it looks pretty small, but if you sit on a 30 degree surface, it feels like you're looking straight down. The most you'll ever see on a typical paved road is a few degrees so that might be way the gauge feels inaccurate/pointless.

RVA Overland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
exact
Anytime I’m off road it responds within seconds of the change. I’m not sure if it’s speed based and if you are going faster it will average differently than going slowly. As I backed up that slope it changed while I was moving. No real delay.

I use the gauge to level the truck when setting up camp and it’s accurate enough to make setting up camp really easy. It’s never off more than 1 degree.
I use my offroad display for tent setup also. It is perfect for that, don't even need to get out of the truck to make sure I am good. I have always felt the display changed quickly with little to no delay. It is often hard to look when things get interesting and agree it never feels the same as it looks. Like watching video of trails make them look easy and low angle but in reality they are scary.

Fasd1421

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Fx4, 1990 Mustang LX SSP, 1999 Triumph Speed Triple
I think we crossed paths at Canyonlands!

Here are my Moab pics, did Gemini Bridges back from Canyonlands to Arches.
PXL_20201003_200137828.jpg
PXL_20201003_200130837.jpg

Took a bunch of other pics, but these are by far the prettiest.
I was thinking you would probably be on here! We had done Gemini Bridges the day before after doing Fins and Things. After we finished Canyonlands we did the Fallen Peace Officer Trail off of 191. The next day we went to Bryce Canyon and then Zion the day following.

Fasd1421

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Fx4, 1990 Mustang LX SSP, 1999 Triumph Speed Triple
I think we crossed paths at Canyonlands!

Here are my Moab pics, did Gemini Bridges back from Canyonlands to Arches.
PXL_20201003_200137828.jpg
PXL_20201003_200130837.jpg

Took a bunch of other pics, but these are by far the prettiest.
Here are some photos from Fins and Things.
Screenshot_20201007-160815_Video Player.jpg

20201001_113517.jpg

kcederwall08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Did my first little bit of off-roading with the new ranger this weekend to genoa peak in Lake Tahoe. it was definitely a success.. I have a feeling there will be much more to come. I already got the rear tire off the ground descending this trail, so I think some mods will be in order soon...
Ranger Forrest 1080.jpg
ranger summit.jpg

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Was having a good time in Joshua Tree today testing out the new tires I got on Wednesday

IMG_20201024_144049.jpg

Until about 2 hours later when I found this after noticing this tire was at 13psi instead of 24...

IMG_20201024_163104.jpg

charwest

First Name
char & tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Healthcare
My wife and I had a blast on 'fins n things' in moab last weekend. as usual no impressive photos, as ive got a white-knuckle grip on the steering wheel and my wife prefers to be in the truck not in the dust;)

below is one shot from the second half. we had a blast riding up and down these sandstone waves, and struggled through the steps with no drama to get here, other than leaving some scrapes on the departure hardware

IMG_0273.JPG

of note, we did two things to improve our departure angle for this trail. which was a persistent issue on this trail in our stock truck.

1) new 32" tires, for a tad bit more clearance/angle.

IMG_0658.JPG

2) whacking the tow hitch repeatedly on the exit. now that the steel fins have been bent up i bet we get an extra degree or two;)

IMG_0657.JPG
Sponsored