South Florida Ranger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Again …

Chris - Can your tailgate damper be easily removed without hand tools? Since the Ranger maximum tailgate load is 485 pounds then I need to quickly remove the tailgate completely to load my truck bed without destroying the aluminum tailgate. Otherwise, count me in.;)
I don’t think you remove the structural cable with this so you should have full integrity of the tail gate load.
Sponsored

Rick - Saber

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Ranger 4x4
I could be interested in the damper as well

Is that really the weight limit on the tailgate - 485 lbs?

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I could be interested in the damper as well

Is that really the weight limit on the tailgate - 485 lbs?
Aluminum yup. It's not like the old heavy tailgates you could load down and had the old metal folding supports.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's amazing it's taking so long to make a damper that works. Hasn't this truck design been around quite awhile in Australia?

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
It's amazing it's taking so long to make a damper that works. Hasn't this truck design been around quite awhile in Australia?
Its amazing to me how many here want to add this.

My little brain can't understand why this is even a thing.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

I wanted one just to have it.
Like I posted somewhere on the forum, I'm over it.
The tailgate is light. No need for a damper for me.

Last edited:

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase

"Little brain" might explain that. :>)

It's an individual preference so trying to understand it is fruitless.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had one on order through CarID since early March, and was told in April that it would ship by 30 May, I asked them last week for an updated status and they came back and told me the item had been Cancelled by the Manufacturer!

They offered me a Refund which I of course accepted. I assume they got tired of waiting for DeeZee to get these made and delivered.

Is Panda Motorworks version also a Dee Zee product? Any idea if and when they will ship?

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I had one on order through CarID since early March, and was told in April that it would ship by 30 May, I asked them last week for an updated status and they came back and told me the item had been Cancelled by the Manufacturer!

They offered me a Refund which I of course accepted. I assume they got tired of waiting for DeeZee to get these made and delivered.

Is Panda Motorworks version also a Dee Zee product? Any idea if and when they will ship?
@PandaMotorworks any update on this?

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnetic Gray / 2020 Explorer Limited RWD Magnetic Gray
Vehicle Showcase

I can understand it. It’s not about how heavy the tailgate is. It’s the “cool” factor in letting the tailgate open without slamming. And for some it’s that luxury feel that someone put more effort into designing a quality truck that has that little extra something in it that most other models and manufacturers now offer as standard.

It’s like the soft close toilet seats. Nobody needs them, a small toddler can lower a toilet seat. But once you see that your neighbor has them, you want one and get used to having it. I had the soft open tailgate in my Ram 1500, and my Tacoma. Now I expect it and want it in my Ranger. And yes, I have soft close toilet seats too.:rockon:

Last edited:

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I can understand it. It’s not about how heavy the tailgate is. It’s the “cool” factor in letting the tailgate open without slamming. And for some it’s that luxury feel that someone put more effort into designing a quality truck that has that little extra something in it that most other models and manufacturers now offer as standard.

It’s like the soft close toilet seats. Nobody needs them, a small toddler can lower a toilet seat. But once you see that your neighbor has them, you want one and get used to having it. I had the soft open tailgate in my Ram 1500, and my Tacoma. Now I expect it and want it in my Ranger. And yes, I have soft close toilet seats too.:rockon:
Toilet is a bad comparison.

Wake up your wife once at 2 am. With an accidental slam of the toilet seat, then try to explain why it is not needed.

I have never slammed my tailgate and never had a damper. It is an unnatural motion to open the tailgate latch, then jerk your hand away to let it fall. Natural motion is to keep hand on latch and lower the tailgate.

The toilet set has no natural motion to keep it from waking the wife.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Because I can't control what other's do is why I installed Toto toilets with dampened seat in my home...no matter how you try and tell the kids to not drop the seat, butter finger still happens :like:

BTW, any new update on this tail gate damper?

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Toilet is a bad comparison.

Wake up your wife once at 2 am. With an accidental slam of the toilet seat, then try to explain why it is not needed.

I have never slammed my tailgate and never had a damper. It is an unnatural motion to open the tailgate latch, then jerk your hand away to let it fall. Natural motion is to keep hand on latch and lower the tailgate.

The toilet set has no natural motion to keep it from waking the wife.
You’ve obviously never had a damper on a tailgate. You don’t jerk your hand away after opening the latch. You just open the latch and let go. Since it opens slowly there’s no reason to jerk your head away. My 2017 Tacoma had one and it was handy to have. Found myself letting my Ranger tailgate slam open out of force of habit of letting it go after opening the latch!

Hambone437

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Magnetic Gray / 2020 Explorer Limited RWD Magnetic Gray
Vehicle Showcase
You’ve obviously never had a damper on a tailgate. You don’t jerk your hand away after opening the latch. You just open the latch and let go. Since it opens slowly there’s no reason to jerk your head away. My 2017 Tacoma had one and it was handy to have. Found myself letting my Ranger tailgate slam open out of force of habit of letting it go after opening the latch!
What this guy said :clap:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.