Ordered a New Ranger. After reading about the numerous problems on this Forum I am not sure I made a good choice.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if you did or not but ALWAYS order your new truck first, and then get online and read about it...

JK, you lucked out and made a great choice. Remember, this is a forum; folks come here to bitch and complain first and some stay around and enjoy it later.

Vr22s

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
Biotech
Convince me that I made a good choice.
It's unlikely you are going to experience a lot of the issues on these forums. I have had 2 rangers in the last year and have loved them both. I had no issues on the first one until it's demise and no issues on the current one yet.

You have to remember the issues you see posted on here are a very small portion of the buyers that buy Rangers. You're going to love it and it's going to be good.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Consider it this way; it's very rare that regarding any product that people spend a great deal of time discussing the things that just work as expected. This forum primarily contains three types of conversation. Those about what is broke/faulty/defective. Those about lift kits and tires. Those about dampers.

Honestly I thought the same thing after I ordered my truck and then found this forum; panic. But if you actually consider the numbers of trucks vs members here vs members here with various issues, most of the issues discussed here are most likely anomalies, which occur with all cars. Some, like the oil/gas issue or the driveshaft balance issue, seem more common than others but overall you'll find most owners have very few mechanical issues.

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
You shouldn’t need convincing. Every vehicle, even the mighty Toyota’s can have their problems. I wanted a Tacoma before the Ranger, but there are plenty of Taco owners on here that have some horror stories. Sure I have my gripes about the truck, and some of the decisions Ford made, but it’s not a bad truck.

Tell us more about your build that way we can talk you off the ledge.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Convince me that I made a good choice.
Hi Kenny,

I know a little bit about Ranger Pickups... I think you will find the majority of folks that are 5G Ranger owners, including many Forum members here love their truck. I hope your new Ranger will perform well and erase your trepidation.

Best,
Phil

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
As others have said already, most people are very pleased with the Ranger, I know that I am. However, if you are not convinced that the Ranger is a great buy, I suggest you cancel your order and search around to find a vehicle you don't have second thoughts ordering.

Last edited:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Hi Kenny,

I know a little bit about Ranger Pickups.
.. I think you will find the majority of folks that are 5G Ranger owners, including many Forum members here love their truck. I hope your new Ranger will perform well and erase your trepidation.

Best,
Phil
You are too humble Phil. Kenny, Phil has forgoten more about Rangers than I'll ever know. If he's says they are good that's good enough for me. And BTW, mines been just fine the 9 months I have owned it, and I would buy one again if needed.

Gsxrdoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger, XLT 4x4, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Therapist -- Retired Navy
Well since it doesn't come with a Damper for the tailgate and the lower left of your driver seat will eventually see wear out from the seatbelt, you are probably better off just canceling and getting a maverick. Seriously though great truck and just have fun with it. You don't like it later trade it in.
Sponsored