Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Getting old sucks. Had a cortisone shot in my elbow this morning. That HURT.
Sponsored

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Retired Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Quality Engineer
Getting old sucks. Had a cortisone shot in my elbow this morning. That HURT.
The best thing you can do after getting that shot is to apply ice to the area you had the shot. It will really help get rid of the pain.

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
RedLandRanger - we have a VW atlas that has this feature and not on my Ranger.

Also, I notice you have a '73 Capri - I had a '76 Capri while in high school great cars.
Yep - it was my first car - I've owned it for 38 years now. About 10 years ago my son and I did a restoration on it - now it is my fun car I drive to shows. My best man at my wedding had a brown 76 too. It is a kick to drive - WAY different than the Ranger.

Edit: I couldn't resist - here is a photo of it when it was basically complete:
P3230027.JPG

Last edited:

John Lyman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x2 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Yep - it was my first car - I've owned it for 38 years now. About 10 years ago my son and I did a restoration on it - now it is my fun car I drive to shows. My best man at my wedding had a brown 76 too. It is a kick to drive - WAY different than the Ranger.

P3230027.JPG
That is awesome what a great looking car - my '76 was silver with the V6 and 4 speed - that bad boy could really fly. I lived in Dallas and they had just opened up 635 to the airport and there were nights nobody was out there and I could get that up to 120/130 and only pulling 4200 RPM (I was to scared to go much past that point).

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That is awesome what a great looking car - my '76 was silver with the V6 and 4 speed - that bad boy could really fly. I lived in Dallas and they had just opened up 635 to the airport and there were nights nobody was out there and I could get that up to 120/130 and only pulling 4200 RPM (I was to scared to go much past that point).
It still amazes me the shift in engine technology - my Capri has a 2.6l engine and came with a little over 100hp stock. I might be lucky and might have close to 150, but the new Ranger has a SMALLER engine and gets almost 3 times the HP. Crazy stuff. My Capri maxes out at a little over 100 (at least it used to). I could never get close to redline in 4th gear. Maybe things are different with this engine, but I'm smarter now than I was back then. :)

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Love this thread, and about time too!

Need/Want:
Heated mirrors

A "hold" feature to keep the truck stationary with the foot off the pedal while waiting at a stoplight (again, a la Mercedes)
Both things that are available and equipped on my 2019 Lariat

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
Is the current thinking the next gen will be MY22

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Love my 2019 Ranger Lariat 4XF, but the next generation should have fully powered seat adjustment; heated steering wheel; power sliding rear window; fully folding seats in rear cab and/or option for factory to remove them entirely; tailgate dampened with option for opening it down or across (competing trucks, and not just the Honda, have this already); improved stock shocks and/or option to have factory installation of Ford/Fox Leveling Kit as an accessory before taking delivery; 2.3 Eco-boost can stay on as the entry-level engine but with options for 2.7 Eco-boost, 3.3. hybrid, or 3.5 Eco-boost at higher trim levels, etc.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Love my 2019 Ranger Lariat 4XF, but the next generation should have fully powered seat adjustment; heated steering wheel; power sliding rear window; fully folding seats in rear cab and/or option for factory to remove them entirely; tailgate dampened with option for opening it down or across (competing trucks, and not just the Honda, have this already); improved stock shocks and/or option to have factory installation of Ford/Fox Leveling Kit as an accessory before taking delivery; 2.3 Eco-boost can stay on as the entry-level engine but with options for 2.7 Eco-boost, 3.3. hybrid, or 3.5 Eco-boost at higher trim levels, etc.
What competing truck in the Ranger's market (other than the Ridgeline) has a horizontally opening tailgate option? Did I miss something? I've never heard of that outside of full-size trucks and the Ridgeline. :question:

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
On another note, why does anyone honestly think they need the 2.7 TT V6 engine in this truck? I'm absolutely dead serious. What does this truck not do with the current power output it has that you feel you need the 325 HP and 400 lb-ft of torque output of the 2.7 Ecoboost engine to accomplish or even more-so the 3.5 Ecoboost at 375 HP and 470 lb-ft of torque? What the hell are you trying to carry/tow?! I can imagine a hybrid option perhaps and maybe even a diesel, but anything pushing that far over 300 HP in a midsize truck? I think you're just shopping in the wrong market for what you really want...which is a full-size truck.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
On another note, why does anyone honestly think they need the 2.7 TT V6 engine in this truck? I'm absolutely dead serious. What does this truck not do with the current power output it has that you feel you need the 325 HP and 400 lb-ft of torque output of the 2.7 Ecoboost engine to accomplish or even more-so the 3.5 Ecoboost at 375 HP and 470 lb-ft of torque? What the hell are you trying to carry/tow?! I can imagine a hybrid option perhaps and maybe even a diesel, but anything pushing that far over 300 HP in a midsize truck? I think you're just shopping in the wrong market for what you really want...which is a full-size truck.
They need the bigger engine to haul their enormous manhood, of course.

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think it is the "Tim Taylor Syndrome" - MORE POWER!!! :)

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

P3230027.JPG
SAWEEEEEET:like: Mine was a Triumph GT6+...no body knows what that is LOL...
Sponsored