Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Nerd
listen....

some of you guys are getting up there in years.
its really a bad idea for any of you to even think you should be standing in the bed for anything.
one weebly wobbly pop too many, a few too many Ensures, perhaps a slip with the orthopedic shoes, or even mixing your meds might cause you to lose your balance and the fall to the ground surely isnt good for the ol' hips.

Please, stay on terra firma. get a rake if you need to grab anything from the bed you cant reach.
Totally this. Just something to be mindful of even for the younger among us. You don't realize it's a problem until after you've fallen.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Grumpaw

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
listen....

its really a bad idea for any of you to even think you should be standing in the bed for anything.
one weebly wobbly pop too many, a few too many Ensures, perhaps a slip with the orthopedic shoes, or even mixing your meds might cause you to lose your balance and the fall to the ground surely isnt good for the ol' hips.

Please, stay on terra firma. get a rake if you need to grab anything from the bed you cant reach.
Appreciate the concern, and although I have been getting up there in years, for years, I'm not quite what you would call unstable on my feet. By no means "weebly wobbly". Just have arthritis and although I can do the "tailgate roll and kneel" would prefer to just step up into the bed.
And, have you ever tried to move a 40 lb hitch head with a rake ??? Ha!
I'm still a young 71 years old, still do my own maintaince on 3 vehicles, and our motor home (still climb up on the roof several times a year to clean it...been doing that for years).
Simply started this as a "haha mod" cause I'm sure there are others with the same minor problems as me.
Step stool also helps my 5 ft 2 inch wife get up into the bed instead of the "rear butt hoist, half roll to knees, and stand up aerobatics" afterwhich she needs a parachute to get from the bed to terra firma.
But, thanks for the concern.

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
listen....

GET OFF MY LAWN!

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Wen I saw my Dad having trouble walking, years before he passed, I knew I was next.........someday

MathGod

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Platinum Lariat
Occupation
Educator
1627343644750.png

What about this?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
listen....

Agreed.

I enjoy having you old guys around.

Also, if there's one part of getting old I'm looking forward to, it's mixing meds.:turkey:

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Agreed.

Also, if there's one part of getting old I'm looking forward to, it's mixing meds.:turkey:
Well. I'm not old, old. I'm 59 going on 80. I can get up in the bed and dance around if I wish. I found the ranger bed as sort of higher than I liked. I could get in it, but it wasn't easy so I got a step. And, I have a short wife. But, yeah, I'm getting old. Chit happens. :)

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Well. I'm not old, old. I'm 59 going on 80. I can get up in the bed and dance around if I wish.
I’m 51 and feel 59. I remember sitting on the tailgates of pickups when I was a kid and my feet touched the ground.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I’m 51 and feel 59. I remember sitting on the tailgates of pickups when I was a kid and my feet touched the ground.
I know, right? I had a 93 Toyota 4x4 PU, pre toca. I could get in the bed, sit on the bed, etc. On the ranger it's pretty high. I'm fine with it, though I don't understand why they didn't include a step in the bumper. Seems weird, but what ev.

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed.

don't forget the discounts and buffet specials
Sponsored