OEM 2019+ Ranger Tailgate Damper Part# VKB3Z-99406A10-A by DeeZee DZ43206

mlosi762

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Ordered mine on Oct 23rd. Still hasn't arrived.
Sponsored

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Mine was at the dealers 24 hours after ordering, two weeks ago.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't bother painting it either as the cable catch is raw anyway. I don't like the cable slipping inbetween the strut and bed causing a slight snag when opening. I'm going to design/print a guide to snap on the strut to keep the cable centered while closing.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Double check your dealer actually ordered it from Ford Corporate, since you ordered before official release date 11/4, there might have been a "hold" on ordering it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I didn't bother painting it either as the cable catch is raw anyway. I don't like the cable slipping inbetween the strut and bed causing a slight snag when opening. I'm going to design/print a guide to snap on the strut to keep the cable centered while closing.
Glad t wasn't just me. I just installed mine and saw that it binned up there too. Could you post a pic when you come up with a guide,I'd like to find something keep it from binding up too.

I wonder why some are taking longer than others? I called my order into my dealer last Thursday and it came in yesterday.

ToothRanger

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
D.D.S.
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder why some are taking longer than others? I called my order into my dealer last Thursday and it came in yesterday.
So I placed my order through the Ford Parts website and selected dealer pick-up. After waiting several days without an update, I decided to give the dealership a call. Turns out that the dealership is in charge of ordering the part from the warehouse, but never placed the order!

Long story short, if you're still wondering where your's is, give the dealership a call.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So I placed my order through the Ford Parts website and selected dealer pick-up. After waiting several days without an update, I decided to give the dealership a call. Turns out that the dealership is in charge of ordering the part from the warehouse, but never placed the order!

Long story short, if you're still wondering where your's is, give the dealership a call.
Explains why I received mine so quick. I wanted to use my Ford Pass points so I called my dealer and placed the order over the phone and it only took 4 business days to arrive.

DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Electric Blue
Vehicle Showcase
It seems like the initial onslaught from Ranger owners quickly depleted the supply. Here is the information I received from Varsity Ford:

"FORD has an estimated ship date to us set at 11-25. This is a brand new product and FORD is working to meet the demand. We will ship this order as soon as it arrives. Thank you for your patience."

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
It seems like the initial onslaught from Ranger owners quickly depleted the supply. Here is the information I received from Varsity Ford:

"FORD has an estimated ship date to us set at 11-25. This is a brand new product and FORD is working to meet the demand. We will ship this order as soon as it arrives. Thank you for your patience."
I'd order from Ford Accessories website and select your local dealer for pricing. It then ships directly from DEE ZEE to your Dealer or your Home. No waiting for Ford Parts to get it in stock and then shipped to your dealer. Keep whichever gets to you first and cancel the other!

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase