George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 CC.
Occupation
Disabled/retired
Vehicle Showcase
Free flowing exhaust will definitely improve mileage within identical driving conditions. This is frequently canceled out by the human factor. The better spooling will make people inclined to participate in leadfooted antics.
I'm not a leadfoot,but my wife is,lol.And you can only go so fast unless one is trolling for a good drivers award,(speeding ticket),which I don't.
LOL...I tried to tell them! Good Job !
Regards
And I just bought this: My CAI https://www.carid.com/aem/dryflow-p...-30086.html?singleid=2427857136&url=107977191

And since it's RED,I oughta see at least a hunnert hp from the change of air filters,lmao ...
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired

lohchief

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Disabled/retired
Vehicle Showcase
For 46 bux I think it was,it is worth a shot anyways

Dave45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Ranger/chili red
Just got back from the muffler shop. WOW !!!!! What a difference. Now I have a 3" exhaust all the way back,and a great sound,with NO drone. When I pulled in to the shop,my mpg average on the readout was 18.1.After I left the shop it shot up to 20.3 in less than 3 miles,all city driving. All for 60 bux. To anyone considering doing this,just do it. It sounds great when you stomp on it,and once up to cruise spd,ZERO drone. Don't buy into the ss catback bullshit for our rangers.For other vehicles,maybe,but as was stated on here,just getting rid of the muffler opens up the breathing just fine as frog hair,and that's pretty damn fine. THANKS DOC :thumbsup::rockon::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
What brand muffler you buy

lohchief

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Disabled/retired
Vehicle Showcase
What brand muffler you buy

Just like Doc says,no muffler. Like he and others have done,it's just a simple and cheap muffler delete. The factory resonator stays in place. Cost me 60 bux,and 20 minutes of someone else's time,lol.

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just like Doc says,no muffler. Like he and others have done,it's just a simple and cheap muffler delete. The factory resonator stays in place. Cost me 60 bux,and 20 minutes of someone else's time,lol.
How does the affect vehicle inspection or emission testing when needed?:idea:

lohchief

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Disabled/retired
Vehicle Showcase
How does the affect vehicle inspection or emission testing when needed?:idea:

It doesn't. It doesn't change anything to do with emissions. That is taken care of by all the emissions stuff built in and around the engine and finally the cat. After that,it's all noise control. I live in an emissions county,but I'm exempt from all testing,not that it really matters. If I had a diesel,I could go full delete and not worry about a thing except warranty. And no,changing out your exhaust system does not void your warranty.

Fish

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD Ranger Lariat Hot Pepper Red, 1993 F-150 XLT
Occupation
HVACR
Vehicle Showcase
Question:
I think I am measuring the stock as being 2.5". I also looked at the pic that shows the 1" restrictor. My question is, does anyone know what the dia is going thru the muffler up to that 1" restrictor?

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
What happens when the 1" restriction is drilled out? My diesel came without the cat but, the wizards in az said that I had to install one. State emissions test before the cat was 0 and the emissions test after was 0.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
What happens when the 1" restriction is drilled out? My diesel came without the cat but, the wizards in az said that I had to install one. State emissions test before the cat was 0 and the emissions test after was 0.
Dunno, this is a muffler delete discussion.
Regards

Last edited:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Question:
I think I am measuring the stock as being 2.5". I also looked at the pic that shows the 1" restrictor. My question is, does anyone know what the dia is going thru the muffler up to that 1" restrictor?
Dunno, this is a muffler delete discussion. Are you asking about the internals?
Regards

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The muffler was Deleted..just the resonator remains, nothing else needed.
Regards
Hey Doc, so you got me thinking about doing this. You just have to remove the muffler,add a piece of straight pipe and be done with it correct? Also,besides the obvious sound and increase in mpg is there any (minimal) hp gain or would it be so minimal to notice? Thx!

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Hey Doc, so you got me thinking about doing this. You just have to remove the muffler,add a piece of straight pipe and be done with it correct? Also,besides the obvious sound and increase in mpg is there any (minimal) hp gain or would it be so minimal to notice? Thx!
Yes, remove and add straight pipe extension, don’t know about HP gains, I had it tuned immediately after..just do it , I promise you will like it..( cost me 75 bucks and 10 minutes at the muffler shop).
Regards
Doc
Sponsored