First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger lariat fx4
Occupation
Medical technologist
I plan on ordering the SPD down pipe with the awe exhaust. My question is do I need a new mid pipe with this set up?
Sponsored

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Strength Coach
I plan on ordering the SPD down pipe with the awe exhaust. My question is do I need a new mid pipe with this set up?
It looks that way, I’m not sure why they don’t offer a cat-back option.
I was going to go with AWE, but now I’m thinking Magnaflow for this reason.

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Strength Coach
Thanks for the info
I may still get the AWE and take it to an exhaust shop to fabricate a custom one. I was hoping to save money by doing the install myself. Decisions, decisions, decisions......

OP
OP
Sigtau125

Sigtau125

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical technologist
I may still get the AWE and take it to an exhaust shop to fabricate a custom one. I was hoping to save money by doing the install myself. Decisions, decisions, decisions......
I had planned on the install myself also. But I definitely can’t fab a new mid pipe.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Or get the MBRP 3 inch all the way back system. I would be mindful to avoid a pinch anywhere on the way out.

OP
OP
Sigtau125

Sigtau125

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical technologist
Here is a picture of the factory to AWE connection for reference. Let me know if I can help in any way. Here is a link to the product page.

awe_ranger_0fg_oncar_5.png
Thanks for the reply. The factory mid pipe should be ok to use. I’m assuming it’s just a straight through pipe. So it would be new down pipe, factory mid pipe AWE exhaust. That’s the plan

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Occupation
Marketing - AWE
Curious as to why you didn’t do a full cat-back?
The front pipe is a just a straight through pipe and doesn't cause any restrictions so we opted to connect after that point to keep cost down and satisfy 99% of the market. If you are looking to go big power and have a DP, you could certainly replace that front pipe with a larger diameter and mod our mid-pipe to make it all work. Should be relatively easy!

OP
OP
Sigtau125

Sigtau125

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical technologist
The front pipe is a just a straight through pipe and doesn't cause any restrictions so we opted to connect after that point to keep cost down and satisfy 99% of the market. If you are looking to go big power and have a DP, you could certainly replace that front pipe with a larger diameter and mod our mid-pipe to make it all work. Should be relatively easy!
I want the DP for sound and power. Your exhaust, imho, is by far the best sounding and looking of all the ones I have looked at. Just want to make sure I can use it

sal33n

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio, 2016 Mustang GT
I was looking at doing the same thing and had the same question. Then I ran across this post regarding the SPD DP:

" Just an FYI on new Stainless SPD downpipes. I just installed mine a few days ago and found that SPD is NO longer shipping the downpipe with adapters. It comes with the 2.5" welded end pre installed. If you choose to go 3" like I have. You must cut the end off. Not a deal breaker, but they need to update the website to reflect what your buying. "

I would verify with SPD if this is true (I am not ready to order yet) and if it is then it would appear you would not need to change the mid pipe but also not have a true full 3" exhaust. I still think I will go this route eventually as I also like the AWE exhaust.

OP
OP
Sigtau125

Sigtau125

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical technologist
I was looking at doing the same thing and had the same question. Then I ran across this post regarding the SPD DP:

" Just an FYI on new Stainless SPD downpipes. I just installed mine a few days ago and found that SPD is NO longer shipping the downpipe with adapters. It comes with the 2.5" welded end pre installed. If you choose to go 3" like I have. You must cut the end off. Not a deal breaker, but they need to update the website to reflect what your buying. "

I would verify with SPD if this is true (I am not ready to order yet) and if it is then it would appear you would not need to change the mid pipe but also not have a true full 3" exhaust. I still think I will go this route eventually as I also like the AWE exhaust.
Thanks for the info. I will be ordering in the next week to week and a half. I will find out. If it is the case I will still probably do it. It’s still going to breath better than stock and so far the AWE has been my favorite exhaust.

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
I want the DP for sound and power. Your exhaust, imho, is by far the best sounding and looking of all the ones I have looked at. Just want to make sure I can use it
I installed the AWE exhaust on my 2019 this summer and am VERY happy with it. Week built and very easy to install, just need an impact gun to squeeze the exhaust clamps tight enough.
Brian
Sponsored