New Purchase - things to check at dealer

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Have them sut up your Fordpass and then make sure it reads the location and tire pressure. Make sure it's loaded with bonus points from the purchase too. Some people get screwed out of those for some reason. 42000 if I recall. Enough for a few free oil changes or some parts.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Have them sut up your Fordpass and then make sure it reads the location and tire pressure. Make sure it's loaded with bonus points from the purchase too. Some people get screwed out of those for some reason.
Fordpass points don't show up immediately after purchase - it takes a week to a month (don't ask me why so long).

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Have them sut up your Fordpass and then make sure it reads the location and tire pressure. Make sure it's loaded with bonus points from the purchase too. Some people get screwed out of those for some reason. 42000 if I recall. Enough for a few free oil changes or some parts.
Mine didn't show up for a couple of weeks. I doubt the dealer can influence that at all.

ShadowKeeper

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Make sure there’s no corrosion under the truck or under the hood fighting with the negative Battery to truck connector that’s corroded. It doesn’t seem like a small cable and the dealers not wanting to replace it. I bought a truck that came from another dealer like you, and by the time they received and prepared it, and I use that term loosely it was a bit late. The salesman left the FordPass downloaded but not setup.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Fordpass points don't show up immediately after purchase - it takes a week to a month (don't ask me why so long).
I thought mine showed up right away, but maybe it was because I already had a Fordpass account for my Escape. But my main point was the few stories around here where some people got screwed out of their points. Maybe just a mention to the salesman "I'm getting 42000 Fordpass points, right?"

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I thought mine showed up right away, but maybe it was because I already had a Fordpass account for my Escape. But my main point was the few stories around here where some people got screwed out of their points. Maybe just a mention to the salesman "I'm getting 42000 Fordpass points, right?"
I mean sure you could say that to the salesman, but he has literally nothing to do with them. If they don't show up for someone the most useful route would be to contact Ford.

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
This is the one i found.

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FTER4FH7LLA29269

I don't see anywhere on the sticker where it references bed tie downs. However i looked at every '20 Ranger on the lot and they all only had 4.

Got the above for $36k. I think that's a fair price.
I checked the sticker...no mention of tie downs. I have more respect for the dealers who showed customer respect and offered and gave the tie downs to ranger owners. I learned something about my dealer that won't be forgotten.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure direct sunlight is seen on all body panels, wheels, trim ect...Clime in the bed and inspect the roof and install the antenna witch they always forget.
Their paint quality has minor flaws. Just keep that in mind.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I checked the sticker...no mention of tie downs. I have more respect for the dealers who showed customer respect and offered and gave the tie downs to ranger owners. I learned something about my dealer that won't be forgotten.
I'd suggest you talk to the Service Manager, not the sales guy. More here: Pickup Box Bed Tie Down Hooks and Bolts

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger...2005 Mustang Steeda
Occupation
Retired
Check the roof.
Funny you mentioned the roof.....I did not check mine & sure enough when I washed it the first time I found (three) Imperfections like dirt under the Paint....Called the dealer & made the note it in my service file....Not happy!

DMK45

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 crew cab
Tire pressure. This will let you know if the dealer checks out the vehicle. Most of the 19 's were too high by around 10 lbs.
Truth . Mine was. Checked after riding around a few hundred mis! Was 45psi. Now always 36-37 ...sometimes 38.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Funny you mentioned the roof.....I did not check mine & sure enough when I washed it the first time I found (three) Imperfections like dirt under the Paint....Called the dealer & made the note it in my service file....Not happy!
We found a small dent on the roof after we got home from the dealership (unfortunately I didn't check the roof at the dealership). They were closed so we took it in the next morning. We were pretty much accused of putting the dent there. We no longer do business with them.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department