TitoW

First Name
Tito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CrewCab Lariat
Hi folks!

Way back when I had me a 2000 Single Cab XLT Flareside. Loved that truck.

Then, I bought an 88 Single Cab Longbed with a 302ci in her. Loved that truck, too.

But soon I got distracted by building classic VW's and then the economy tanked. No body wanted customized Bugs anymore and the bills piled up. So I sold all my toys.

But I swore that, one day, I'd own another Ranger.

When my wife wrecked my car 3 months ago I knew I had my chance. Ford finally brought back the best damned truck in the market and I wasn't about to let it pass me by.

"But we don't need a truck!" "You can drive my Leaf!" "I don't want to drive a truck!"

Blah blah blah.

Everyone needs a truck. I could feel my masculinity oozing out of myself every time I drove that car. The truck wouldn't be for her to drive.

In the end, I bought my truck.... <cough cough> and I bought the wife a new Rogue to smooth things over <cough> But never you mind that, good sirs! Crew Cab fits the family. Lariat trim so I can lift my pinky when drinking.... also it helps satisfy my wifes bougie streak (she won't admit it but she finds that she really likes sitting up so high).

I decided on a 2wd so I could: a) reap the rewards of a significant cost reduction and b) plan for an older FX4 Ranger in the future (won't feel so bad dinging that one around on the trails).

I have my Ranger! Finally. And it is a blast. I just knew I'd love this thing. Best part? My boys love it too. Now the 12 year old is talking about his first car being an older Ranger.

Anyhoo, happy this forum exists.

upload_2020-1-13_0-31-12.gif
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Hi folks!

Way back when I had me a 2000 Single Cab XLT Flareside. Loved that truck.

Then, I bought an 88 Single Cab Longbed with a 302ci in her. Loved that truck, too.

But soon I got distracted by building classic VW's and then the economy tanked. No body wanted customized Bugs anymore and the bills piled up. So I sold all my toys.

But I swore that, one day, I'd own another Ranger.

When my wife wrecked my car 3 months ago I knew I had my chance. Ford finally brought back the best damned truck in the market and I wasn't about to let it pass me by.

"But we don't need a truck!" "You can drive my Leaf!" "I don't want to drive a truck!"

Blah blah blah.

Everyone needs a truck. I could feel my masculinity oozing out of myself every time I drove that car. The truck wouldn't be for her to drive.

In the end, I bought my truck.... <cough cough> and I bought the wife a new Rogue to smooth things over <cough> But never you mind that, good sirs! Crew Cab fits the family. Lariat trim so I can lift my pinky when drinking.... also it helps satisfy my wifes bougie streak (she won't admit it but she finds that she really likes sitting up so high).

I decided on a 2wd so I could: a) reap the rewards of a significant cost reduction and b) plan for an older FX4 Ranger in the future (won't feel so bad dinging that one around on the trails).

I have my Ranger! Finally. And it is a blast. I just knew I'd love this thing. Best part? My boys love it too. Now the 12 year old is talking about his first car being an older Ranger.

Anyhoo, happy this forum exists.

upload_2020-1-13_0-31-12.gif
Welcome to the forum TitoW!
Question please: was your '88 regular cab a Ranger or a F-150 with the Ranger trim package (If that was still available in '88)?

Or did you, or somebody else shoehorn a 302 in it?

PS: glad you got rid of that Leaf, no other car, besides a Prius deflates a guys masculinity level more...

TitoW

First Name
Tito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CrewCab Lariat
Welcome to the forum TitoW!
Question please: was your '88 regular cab a Ranger or a F-150 with the Ranger trim package (If that was still available in '88)?

Or did you, or somebody else shoehorn a 302 in it?

PS: glad you got rid of that Leaf, no other car, besides a Prius deflates a guys masculinity level more...

'88 Regular Cab Ranger someone else shoehorned a V8 in.

RangerRick13

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Good Afternoon,

Names Rich, live in Delaware. Come from a ford family, my dad had multiple mustangs growing up and I’ve had multiple Foxbodys my self. Had a few bronco’s in the family growing up and at one point the parents converted to the dark side (Chevy) for about 4 years but are back to fords. I’ve bounced around car makes and models for a few years but always said if I bought a truck I’m buying a ford. Bought a 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat in November and couldn’t be happier so far. Traded in an 11 Lexus so I’m a bit use to the comfort and wanted the lariat. Pisses my brother off my Ranger has more comfort and similar power to his 50k Chevy silverado (I think he’s secretly adopted) got a deal on a warranty with ford just because it’s the first year the trucks are back in the states and I don’t want to deal with any hiccups with the electronics. Here she is....

DAEA92F0-01BE-4F94-9F6C-64E1AE1BF71D.jpeg

B21F70C5-E9E5-4503-AD6C-398FC7693461.jpeg

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Good Afternoon,

Names Rich, live in Delaware. Come from a ford family, my dad had multiple mustangs growing up and I’ve had multiple Foxbodys my self. Had a few bronco’s in the family growing up and at one point the parents converted to the dark side (Chevy) for about 4 years but are back to fords. I’ve bounced around car makes and models for a few years but always said if I bought a truck I’m buying a ford. Bought a 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat in November and couldn’t be happier so far. Traded in an 11 Lexus so I’m a bit use to the comfort and wanted the lariat. Pisses my brother off my Ranger has more comfort and similar power to his 50k Chevy silverado (I think he’s secretly adopted) got a deal on a warranty with ford just because it’s the first year the trucks are back in the states and I don’t want to deal with any hiccups with the electronics. Here she is....

DAEA92F0-01BE-4F94-9F6C-64E1AE1BF71D.jpeg

B21F70C5-E9E5-4503-AD6C-398FC7693461.jpeg
Nice Ranger Rich ! Im in Sussex county. Good luck Bret

majorv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew
Occupation
Retired
Hi everyone! Just an intro...please don’t hate me but I am - or rather was - a diehard Chevy fan. My first was a Camaro and my last was my most favorite, a 2012 Chevy Avalanche...loved that truck! Anyway, after 8 years and having just retired a year ago I needed a lower mileage vehicle. I had to look at mid size trucks (to fit in my garage). I really liked the looks of the new Ranger (I’d seen them in Colombia on a business trip and wondered if they’d ever make it back here). I finally took the plunge on Dec 31 and got an XLT FX4 in lightning blue. Yes, I considered a Canyon, but you couldn’t get auto folding side mirrors, which I needed. Now, I hadn’t planned on the Off Road package since I have no experience driving a 4x4, but I figured my son can show me how to do light off roading! I look forward to being on the forum...I guess I’m in the minority here, being a lady.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hi guys, I’ve been a member for about a week now, figured I should post in here. This is my fifth RBV and first one with an automatic. I have a 19 Lariat crew cab that just barely fits in my garage. I have a cap and bed rug on order as well as some mud flaps. Other than that I might go with some running boards but that should be it.

C58B72E5-A6F6-4EE7-B2EE-661401948324.jpeg

Last edited:

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
What’s up everyone

Finally back in a truck. Grew up with off roading vehicles. Had an old Jeep that could conquer all the terrain in NC. When I got married settled down and drove mid sized SUV’s. Very depressing that I couldn’t get over curbs or smash trails. I’m a part time fishing guide and snow addict on the side. Having a car that has no clearance and protection beneath was always a bummer. Well after the wife picked up her new car in the fall it became obvious to me that it was time to find the nice mix of suv/utility. Looked through the whole mid sized truck segment and it became obvious to me there was one winner. For the price and the ride quality it was a no brainer. RANGER. Living in Denver and having multiple dealerships around I started shopping. Got an amazing deal to close the year off and haven’t stopped tinkering since it’s been on the garage. Sold all my good tools in 2010 and steadily rebuilding. Have used this forum as a tool for everything from pricing, opinions on parts, ideas for mods, and deals. Major props. Well now I’m addicted and likely joining the 10k burn a whole in your bank account club at some point. So far blacked out front grill, back grill lettering, red letter interior letters, back flip mx4 cover, bed Rug, plasti dip the logos/tailpipe, gator mudflaps, interior mats and more to come. Anyone in the Denver area who enjoys tinkering with trucks and knows the trails hit me up. Newer to the area. Cheers.

13D03E2B-16AA-48E2-A0BA-2305552A0DD2.jpeg

E3C76966-E152-46F2-88D1-A4CE8744594A.jpeg

12E8F04D-5A1E-4334-A85D-3DB7921DFB67.jpeg

262E6653-C751-45E3-AB55-32A06499B050.jpeg

4804A2E9-FA9F-42B1-8CCF-C4D1B270B265.jpeg

8B020B29-D492-4D58-B973-48A19505B873.jpeg

9E7DB12B-7261-48FD-81C1-ED1C890F6FEA.jpeg

3F0F37DC-BA4D-4ED6-90AF-BA85031C2FE5.jpeg

C254E272-C7A9-43C3-887E-2EA73A99D1D9.jpeg

7A9FF532-FB13-4E74-9C46-577B247D8D61.jpeg

Last edited:

Lc4

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, Honda CRV, Triumph TR8, Dodge D150
Recently purchased a 2wd XLT Ranger. 8k in rebates and discounts pulled me in along with the outstanding motor and tranny performance. My second Ranger. Have also owned 3 Toyota Tacoma's, latest being a 2016. 02 and 08 Taco's were great, 2016 not so much as there were many issues besides the well published V6/ auto tranny combo mismatch.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hi everyone! Just an intro...please don’t hate me but I am - or rather was - a diehard Chevy fan. My first was a Camaro and my last was my most favorite, a 2012 Chevy Avalanche...loved that truck! Anyway, after 8 years and having just retired a year ago I needed a lower mileage vehicle. I had to look at mid size trucks (to fit in my garage). I really liked the looks of the new Ranger (I’d seen them in Colombia on a business trip and wondered if they’d ever make it back here). I finally took the plunge on Dec 31 and got an XLT FX4 in lightning blue. Yes, I considered a Canyon, but you couldn’t get auto folding side mirrors, which I needed. Now, I hadn’t planned on the Off Road package since I have no experience driving a 4x4, but I figured my son can show me how to do light off roading! I look forward to being on the forum...I guess I’m in the minority here, being a lady.
There's a few of us females on here:). Welcome & nice Ranger!:like:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Hey Everyone.... Jeff Here from SoCal. New Member and 14 day old 2020 Lariat FX4! So Far I am loving this truck!

So far I have only Line-x'd the bed and ordered the tailgate damper and some floor liners.... More to Come for sure!

IMG_1359.JPG

IMG_1413.JPG
Welcome. There will definitely be more if you stick around and see what everyone else has done!

JB_ranger

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT SCrew FX4
Hi all. Jay from NJ. Been reading up on the forum since Nov and picked up my ranger on Dec 27. Couldn't pass up the holiday discounts. It's a 2019 XLT SCrew FX4, 301a with tech, trailer, and black appearance packages. Love it so far and thanks to all the members on here for the good info.

IMG_20191228_161956879.jpg

chip

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hey yall! My name is Chip and I'm from southeast Louisiana.

My first pickup was a '98 Ford F-150 that I had over 200k miles on it, and I started toying with the idea of getting a motorcycle when the rear-end started to go out. So, I had the option of getting a new truck or fixing my old truck and getting a motorcycle. I chose the later it was a blast for a while!

Fast-forward a few years, I decided to go back to school later in life for a career change. Realizing that driving into New Orleans everyday on a motorcycle was truly not a good idea, I sold the motorcycle and truck and picked up a '16 Tundra Crewmax. It was a great truck, and it had enough room to throw a party in, but it was just a big tank. However, once I graduated and got a job I needed something that was more city, parking garage, and gas friendly... none of which the Tundra was!!!

I knew that I loved owning a pickup and after much comparison I had narrowed down my mid-size truck search between a Ranger and a Tacoma. For Christmas / Graduation / Celebration of a new job, I decided to treat myself to a Lightning Blue 2019 Ranger Lariat w/ Sport Appearance Package. I was a bit hesitant at first of buying a first year model, because my wife had a '05 mustang which was also a first year model and we had so many nit-pick problems and I didn't want to fight those headaches again. I felt quite abit better when I picked up my truck right before Christmas with 3 miles on it, it had a build date of late Nov and I'm hoping that most of the kinks were worked out throughout the year. I have to say, this truck is the most fun that I've had driving in a while, I'm loving this truck and it brings a smile to my face every time I press down on the peddle!

I've already spent more money on mods than my wife would like to know about... BAKFLIP MX cover, spray in liner, avs aeroskin II, 4" nerf bars, weathertech mudflaps, husky liners, auto-start-stop eliminator, and the list keeps growing fast!

FB_IMG_1578357578916~2.jpg
Sponsored