jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport supercrew
I'm Jerry.
My wife and I are hanging our hats in Colorado Springs these days.

I find myself going down a lot of rabbit holes on this site - looking at things I don't need, but are fun to consider in my dreams ...

Here's how i ended up with a Ranger:
I had a 15 year old Jeep Liberty, and it was time to prepare for it's demise. My original search started with looking for a vehicle (preferably an SUV) that had offroad capability as well as some significant towing ability. I wandered toward the Jeep Grand Cherokee since it had what I was looking for. Simply put, after a good bit of research, I shied away from the Jeep since i did not want to end up with one that had big engine issues (and Jeeps are generally known to need repairs - tho my Liberty did well). So I started looking for another SUV. I tended to find that it could either tow as much as I wanted, or it had decent offroad cred's, but did not tend to have both. When the process got sped up due to the actual death throes of the Liberty, I had to search a little faster. This led to looking at midsized trucks. Ultimately came down to Taco and Ranger, but I sat in a Taco, and pretty much did not fit. I focused my search on a good Ranger deal, found good end-of-year rebates on the XLT's, then came across a dealer who had one on their lot for over a hundred days and had sweetened the deal with another close-to-5k off. The truck had the basics i was looking for: Fx4 and Towing, yet also had locking diff, sport package, and not-black seat upholstery. All of this brand new vs similar pricing at 2-3 years old if I had gone with the Jeep. And, believe it or not, that's the short story.

Here's what I am looking to do:
In this age of bite size info, this is going long ... but it's part of my Ranger story.
I have had mine for about a month now. Started with weather tech mud guards. More recently added Husky X-act mats in front and Weatherbeater in rear. I'm hoping future warmer weather will help the rear one conform a little better as it is kind of loose'ish over the hump.

We have future plans for front end protection: clear bra (might include whole hood tho); bug shield (maybe). Also some kind of rock rail: I like shrockworks, but might lean toward Rocky Road who offer a "flat" slider that I think will double well as a step and protect more against parking lot dings and sliding against a tree on the trail (not aiming for rock crawling really)- Haven't seen a pic of the flat one tho, so not completely sure if this is the case. Have been looking at Bushwacker sill and rocker armor too. Looking at the damper but waiting a bit to see if it comes out in aftermarket availability. Also leaning toward a BedRug liner. And, as I mentioned earlier, getting too many dream ideas as I browse here. I am grateful to find a lot of good info here. thanks.
Sponsored

Markandrews17

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Hello everyone. I picked up my new 2019 Lariat Ranger Supercrew yesterday.
Ingot Silver with medium stone interior (the pictures of the medium stone interior don’t do the color justice. It’s more gray and looks a lot better than most photos I’ve seen online).
B&O sound system sounds great.
Ford hard top retractable tonneau cover.
I was concerned it wouldn’t be big enough for one forward facing and one rear facing car seat but it’s working out great.
M

86160EEC-CD35-41BA-93CF-F284F6374399.jpeg

Pyungshin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, Supercab
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All,

I'm from the east side of the US and recently bought a '19 Ranger Lariat Supercab 4X4. This is my fourth Ford truck. I owned a '97 Ranger XLT 4X2, '05 Ranger XLT 4X2, and traded in a loaded '16 F150 XL FX4 for my current Ranger (Hope I made a good decision). I'm sure to have many questions over time and appreciate any help. Hell, I'll start with one now. I'm sure my new Ranger has remote start capability because I successfully used Fordpass to start it, but both of my key fobs I received from the dealer do NOT have the 2X button. The manual clearly depicts remote start capability using the key fob. Did the dealer not give me the correct key fobs? Should one of the two have the 2X button, or is Fordpass the only way to remote start the Lariat trim? Thanks ahead of time.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hello All,

I'm from the east side of the US and recently bought a '19 Ranger Lariat Supercab 4X4. This is my fourth Ford truck. I owned a '97 Ranger XLT 4X2, '05 Ranger XLT 4X2, and traded in a loaded '16 F150 XL FX4 for my current Ranger (Hope I made a good decision). I'm sure to have many questions over time and appreciate any help. Hell, I'll start with one now. I'm sure my new Ranger has remote start capability because I successfully used Fordpass to start it, but both of my key fobs I received from the dealer do NOT have the 2X button. The manual clearly depicts remote start capability using the key fob. Did the dealer not give me the correct key fobs? Should one of the two have the 2X button, or is Fordpass the only way to remote start the Lariat trim? Thanks ahead of time.
Welcome! Your fob should look like mine below if you have the Lariat. To remote start from the fob you hit the lock button once,then the 2x button twice.

IMG_1870.jpg

Deleted member 1634

Hello All,

Welcome! Your fob should look like mine below if you have the Lariat. To remote start from the fob you hit the lock button once,then the 2x button twice.

IMG_1870.jpg
Is Remote Start (from the fob) standard on the Lariat though? I'm sure plenty of people have it, but is it standard or an option with a certain package?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Is Remote Start (from the fob) standard on the Lariat though? I'm sure plenty of people have it, but is it standard or an option with a certain package?
Good catch! :like: I forgot to add you have to have the 501A equipment group.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Would anyone happen to know the module number you need for the remote start?

Pyungshin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, Supercab
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys, that's it! I have the 500A package. Remote starting is only available via Fordpass with the 500A package. I don't want to extend Fordpass past the 2-year "free" period, so I'll look into what modification is required to remote start without Fordpass. When the time comes. I'll do my remote starting (winter) using Fordpass for the time being. I appreciate the help.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks guys, that's it! I have the 500A package. Remote starting is only available via Fordpass with the 500A package. I don't want to extend Fordpass past the 2-year "free" period, so I'll look into what modification is required to remote start without Fordpass. When the time comes. I'll do my remote starting (winter) using Fordpass for the time being. I appreciate the help.
The FordPass app is free for life now so you won't have to do anything.:like:

The Donald

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Hello all, Don from Michigan just joining. I picked up my 19 Ranger in the beginning of December, pic attached. I decided on an XLT after the $6100 rebate was active. I wanted the rear sliding window so I was looking for the 302A package, had to have the FX4 package and not a 4 door. So I dared my local dealer to find me one just like this. That's where the nightmare begins. I had to give them a $500 deposit for them to even bother doing a search. After finding one, they promised to have it the next day, which they did well after the dealer closed. It was comical, they wanted me to sign all the paperwork with no vehicle. So the next day I came back and looked at the truck, and it had a giant crack across the windshield. The dealer insisted I sign the paperwork or they were saying the rebate would expire and I would lose it because it was end of month. My reply was that the only thing that would be lost was your sale. 4 days later they located a Ford replacement windshield changed it out and called me back. I still got my rebate. Since owning it I am smitten with it, love it way more than my F-150. I kept my Fusion hybrid to keep miles off during my long drive to work. So far I put in LED amber fog lights. I have the sill plates to install when it warms up. Looking forward to hitting some Michigan off-road trails.
Ranger1.jpg

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Hello everyone,
New member and coming from the F150 crowd. I decided to try the smaller truck and see how I like it. So far I can tell it is smaller and kind of miss the F150 but my reasons for trying the Ranger were better turning radius and easier parking which can be a real PITA in truck unfriendly cites in the PDX region.

I bought right before Christmas. $42,400 MSRP and got the Ford $6100 + $500 PCO + $6300 dealer discount.

Rick

StarLord

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX4
Hello people!

Introducing myself as a new member from the PNW (Vancouver Canada). I just picked up my '19 XL STX FX4 about a week ago and am loving it so far. I come from the Subaru/VW world and this is my first ever truck. Very much looking forward to lurking here and seeing what you all do with your trucks and probably poaching some ideas for my own!

I have yet to see another Ranger optioned like this, so if you own an XL STX FX4, say hey!
--
Matt

IMG_1773 2.jpg

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Hello people!

Introducing myself as a new member from the PNW (Vancouver Canada). I just picked up my '19 XL STX FX4 about a week ago and am loving it so far. I come from the Subaru/VW world and this is my first ever truck. Very much looking forward to lurking here and seeing what you all do with your trucks and probably poaching some ideas for my own!

I have yet to see another Ranger optioned like this, so if you own an XL STX FX4, say hey!
--
Matt

IMG_1773 2.jpg
Welcome!

Rickfar

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 supercrew sport
New Ranger owner,never had a truck before traded in a escape to get my new jewel, .Xlt with tow package,navigation, 302A package, locking differential .and 18" wheels
So far I have put weathertech mats in front and rear, weathertech mud guards,bed cover and the ignition ring around switch also put the tailgate damper on and love it.
Only have about 120 miles on the clock but so far I'm still in the honeymoon stage :)
Sponsored