DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Electric Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my Ranger Lariat on June 28th as well. I love driving it. I just asked my wife if she needed anything from the store as an excuse to get it out again ;).
I have enjoyed the forum and have learned much already. When I drove it home from the dealer lot I noticed a vary harsh ride. I checked the tire pressure first thing (because of information i learned from the forum). As you might suspect, tire pressure was 48 lbs!! :facepalm:.

Ranger 1.jpg
Sponsored

Rone28

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019
Hi

I bought my Lariat about a month ago and already have 2,000 miles on it. Love it so far. I had a 2017 Colorado Duramax long Bed previously. It was great to hauling my RV and for MPG but a pain to park and maneuver when in town.

The Ranger is just plain fun to drive and it gets around in any situation. I liked the comment about the tire pressure. When I test drove the Ranger for the first time the tire pressure was 36-38. I mentioned the ride and the next time I cam in – they had adjusted it.

The only issue I have is the brake controller. I still don’t have one installed yet. I decided to try it myself last night and getting to the wires is a pain, and I don’t trust my skills to do a good job while contorting myself. How ridiculous is it that they did not even include an adapter.

All that said – this forum is awesome. It is great to have a community sharing what is working and not. Now we as a group have to get more people buying one of their own. I saw my first fellow owner today since I bought the truck.

20190630_131053.jpg

luigi1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt fx4
Hello everyone just got a new ranger xlt fx4 crew cab in magnetic on Saturday June 29th. Traded a 2018 tacoma trd sport 4x4. Ranger just feels so much better glad to be done with the lack of power and gear hunting. Would like to give a shout out to Morrie and his team at tonneau factory outlet for hooking me up with great prices on a pro x15 cover and bedrug liner. Looking forward to getting to know the members here

OxyGenIII

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST maybe Ranger in a couple days.
Hi all. I bought my Ranger June 22nd. It's an XLT FX4 302A, tech package.

I qualify for A/Z plan so that saved $3,000 off MSRP, 3,500 in rebates and a good deal on my trade in.

Love it so far. Just ordered a tonneau cover. Will be doing Herculiner on the bed as well but trying to find time to do it this weekend possibly. Debating on side steps of some kind. Not sure.

received_2266775360243488.jpeg

Shavlik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all, bought my Ranger Lariat R4E yesterday. Long story short I bought a Colorado ZR2 on Black Friday of last year and have been unhappy with it since the purchase. Lots of little issues the dealership didn't seem to want to acknowledge. I traded 4WD for a tech package and honestly couldn't feel more relieved than I do now. Looking forward to participating and learning from and getting to know you all.

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew FX4
Hey everyone! Picked up this 2019 Magnetic Lariat FX4 about a week and a half ago. Was cross shopping all of the midsize trucks and had it narrowed down between the Tacoma and this. Ended up with the 2019 Ranger to replace my aging 2005 Ranger (FX4 5-speed manual). So far I have really enjoyed it. I went ahead and had a clear bra done on the front end and Line-x sprayed in the bed. Quite a difference from my old truck thats for sure. Really hoping the fuel mileage improves, only averaged 17.8mpg on my first tank.

20190621_182904.jpg

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone! Picked up this 2019 Magnetic Lariat FX4 about a week and a half ago. Was cross shopping all of the midsize trucks and had it narrowed down between the Tacoma and this. Ended up with the 2019 Ranger to replace my aging 2005 Ranger (FX4 5-speed manual). So far I have really enjoyed it. I went ahead and had a clear bra done on the front end and Line-x sprayed in the bed. Quite a difference from my old truck thats for sure. Really hoping the fuel mileage improves, only averaged 17.8mpg on my first tank.

20190621_182904.jpg
Congratulations on your new truck! I came from exactly the same truck (a 2005 FX4 5 Speed), and this is quite a step up in both performance and comfort.

As far as mileage goes, this engine is the most "sensitive" to driver style. If you drive it like you stole it (which is really fun), the mileage will tank quickly. If you can resist the temptation to put your foot in it all the time and drive with a lighter foot, the mileage will improve quite a bit. At least that has been my experience. If you keep the instant mileage screen up all the time you can see how your pedal inputs affect the mileage. The other thing is that this truck is so smooth, it is really easy to go too fast.

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations on your new truck! I came from exactly the same truck (a 2005 FX4 5 Speed), and this is quite a step up in both performance and comfort.

As far as mileage goes, this engine is the most "sensitive" to driver style. If you drive it like you stole it (which is really fun), the mileage will tank quickly. If you can resist the temptation to put your foot in it all the time and drive with a lighter foot, the mileage will improve quite a bit. At least that has been my experience. If you keep the instant mileage screen up all the time you can see how your pedal inputs affect the mileage. The other thing is that this truck is so smooth, it is really easy to go too fast.
Thanks! Yeah the old truck treated my really well (have almost 250000 miles on it now). As for the mileage I was getting on it a decent amount when I first got it. But lately I have been trying to be super light with the gas pedal and watching the instant gauge. Hopefully it or I will improve. It seemed to do better on the highway, but around town it was pretty thirsty.

I See that you also have the Extang Solid fold 2.0. Does yours have two spots in the corners near the cab where water can come in?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Yeah the old truck treated my really well (have almost 250000 miles on it now). As for the mileage I was getting on it a decent amount when I first got it. But lately I have been trying to be super light with the gas pedal and watching the instant gauge. Hopefully it or I will improve. It seemed to do better on the highway, but around town it was pretty thirsty.

I See that you also have the Extang Solid fold 2.0. Does yours have two spots in the corners near the cab where water can come in?
Yes, there is sometimes a bit of water that comes in in the corners near the cab. Very little, but I have seen some. It doesn't bother me - I'm not looking for a 100% waterproof bed - I just want to keep the majority of the rain off the bed cargo.

ExChief45

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chrysler Concorde
Occupation
Gas System Operations - Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase

Congrats on the new truck. The mileage does improve once you get a couple thousand miles on it as well. I was averaging 18 to 20 mpg now I have 3000 miles on it the mpg improved. Did a 200+ mile trip yesterday and averaged 24.8 mpg.

Lunchbox88

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on the new truck. The mileage does improve once you get a couple thousand miles on it as well. I was averaging 18 to 20 mpg now I have 3000 miles on it the mpg improved. Did a 200+ mile trip yesterday and averaged 24.8 mpg.
Thanks! And good to hear, Ill try to do my part as well.

Mikes55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2008 Bullet Mustang, 2003 Explorer, 2001 F250, 1995 Thunderbird
New Member, Name is Mike. Bought my Ranger on June 13th. Silver Lariat FX4 with tow package. I've been working for Ford dealerships in service for 35 years. Needed to get a new daily driver, as my old Explorer was getting a bunch of miles on it. I drive all the new Ford vehicles, and decided the Ranger was the best fit. I did not need another pick up, But the Ranger reminds me of the old Sport Tracks. So far it has been a good fit. I live out in the Mountains so a tough 4X4 is a must. So far I've added the Ford Accessory running boards, molded mudflaps, and rubber bed mat.
Also an Extang 2.0 signature bed cover. Have played with the Forscan program and personalized several items to my liking.

If I can be of any help on the Ford service side for information, let me know.

sbacpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Claybuster
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone. Great board, I've been reading it for a few weeks now and finally pulled the trigger on the Ranger in my sig yesterday. Thanks to everyone for sharing a lot of great information.

Joshua Knotts

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Restaurant General Manager
Hello everyone! I’m a newbie! And I’m addicted! Already added to the truck... wasn’t new to me my first car was a 1991 Ranger XLT 4.0 V6 in Wild Strawberry. Saw these and couldn’t help myself. Pops driving my 16 Ram and I got my beloved Ranger!! Look forward to meeting yall
Sponsored