How much have you driven your Ranger the past few weeks?

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
Been parked for 2 weeks. Installed a battery tender to keep it topped off. Probably go start it here every few days to make sure everything stays lubed up.

Rob Binsky

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT Sport Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I am stuck in one state, and my Ranger’s stuck in another - 1300 miles away. ?

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Wow,$1.09 is cheap! I though I hit the lottery when I found it at Sams club for $1.95,most other stations are still around $2.47 here.

We use to do that all the time when we were younger and gas was cheap. Living in W MA we would take the back roads up into VT through many different little towns you'd never see from the highways. Amazing scenery and we had some of the best meals out there too from the smaller local diners.
I think we're at about $1.45 in North Georgia.

jeb134

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I've probably driven 100 miles in the last 2 weeks. The highlight being this weekend when we got a ton of rain and there was some local flooding and I got to make some waves going through puddles on the way to the grocery store.

Nellieg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger crew cab
I have been on forced telework avoiding the commute to DC. Wife is home teleworking as well. The 2016 edge had a dead battery after getting groceries at a store a mile away. Decided i needed to drive everything for 15min or so... Jump box is in whatever vehicle taken to store. Miss driving the ranger... But not at the expense of chancing this virus.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
WFH by decree
Have driven the truck 3 times in 3 weeks. Wife's van had a dead battery so getting in the habit of starting everything every few days.
This morning had the duh epiphany - set the FordPass Scheduled starts for 2x per week. Will have to do the other 2 cars the old fashioned way!.

With it sitting in the sun all day I finally bought the Covercraft UVS100 Windshield Shade from SharpTruck. Got here in a few days as opposed to Amazon random "this item isn't critical and will ship in 1 month". Was also actually $10 cheaper than Amazon.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After discovering that my Vette battery will die after not being driven for two weeks, I’ve learned to put any battery on a tender that’s not being frequently charged. With all the electronics now, vehicles have a lot of parasitic drain.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
After discovering that my Vette battery will die after not being driven for two weeks, I’ve learned to put any battery on a tender that’s not being frequently charged. With all the electronics now, vehicles have a lot of parasitic drain.
One good thing is the Ranger will go into Deep Sleep Mode after 14 days being inactive to conserve battery power. When I was away for Christmas I received a notification from the Ford Pass app it was going into deep sleep mode and it was almost to the exact minute from the last time I drove my Ranger 14 days prior.

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Since I've been working from home for 3+ weeks, she hasn't been driven much. I gassed up 21 Mar and have only put about 100 miles on her since, maybe 3 or 4 trips out. I normally drive about 60 miles a day. Gas here is sitting around $2.50.

BaGMaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired
stuck at home since the beginning of march. got a message on ford pass to start the truck to charge the battery.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I got my notice today to start my truck and charge the battery. I guess I'd better take my own advice and attach a battery tender. Gas here is now around the $1.40 range. Some lower, some higher.