First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Welcome to Ranger 5G Cody. Nice looking rig you got there. Handsome boy too! Enjoy them now at this age, pretty soon they start talking back! Don’t ask me how I know ?

For getting the roof I climb into the bed and also use a soft bristle washing head with extension. Makes moving around the truck effortless after foam sits for a few.

Mine is 6 months old now so paint correction for me and ceramic coat before NE winter sets in.

Look forward to your contributions on here in the days ahead! Better start a separate account for “future mods funds” because you’re going to need it more than you think hanging around here ? Oh! Forgot!!! Got a tailgate damper on that yet? If not talk to our forum Carnac the Magnificent @AzScorpion
Sponsored

OP
OP
Trash Panda

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Welcome to Ranger 5G Cody. Nice looking rig you got there. Handsome boy too! Enjoy them now at this age, pretty soon they start talking back! Don’t ask me how I know ?

For getting the roof I climb into the bed and also use a soft bristle washing head with extension. Makes moving around the truck effortless after foam sits for a few.

Mine is 6 months old now so paint correction for me and ceramic coat before NE winter sets in.

Look forward to your contributions on here in the days ahead! Better start a separate account for “future mods funds” because you’re going to need it more than you think hanging around here ? Oh! Forgot!!! Got a tailgate damper on that yet? If not talk to our forum Carnac the Magnificent @AzScorpion
I do need to get one, it’s on the list I have already made.. ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

OP
OP
Trash Panda

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Alright is there an inside joke here I am missing reading the thread..?

I mean the tailgate does definitely slam when you open it.
Lol Yeah it's been an ongoing joke since they came out with the damper. Some think it's useless because the tailgate is so light. Like you most of us get it so it's not slamming down and for the convenience of opening it with one finger if your hands are full. I had one on my '16 Tacoma and it really came in handy. That one was nice as it was integrated into the tailgate housing like the F150.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trash Panda

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Lol Yeah it's been an ongoing joke since they came out with the damper. Some think it's useless because the tailgate is so light. Like you most of us get it so it's not slamming down and for the convenience of opening it with one finger if your hands are full. I had one on my '16 Tacoma and it really came in handy. That one was nice as it was integrated into the twilight housing like the F150.
Joke or not, good enough for me.

Amazon says that and my T50 socket will be here Sunday!

That will be my first two mods this weekend. LED tag lights and the tailgate dampener.:clap:

Husky Liners arrived today too.

@Trigganometry what my wife doesn’t know won’t hurt her.?

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
A little more of my history, this is my 2nd truck. My first truck was in high school(2011) and it was a 1994 Chevrolet K1500 single cab. (That’s why I was looking at the Colorado first since I had owned a GM vehicle).

It is actually a pretty simple solution in my mind, I start all of my washes with the foam cannon on my pressure washer to get in all the nooks and crannies, and I get in the truck bed to wash the roof. I have not tried this yet on this truck, but maybe I will be able to reach most of the way.

I will probably end up buying one of those Gorilla Ladder things that are like a platform you can stand on.

*Edit I just went to the garage to try it out and yeah it does look like towards the front, there will always be a spot missed. Like you said, who looks there anyways..?

On a positive note..maybe now I can convince my wife to get me a DI water rinse system for the final rinse now that we both have black vehicles..?
Just step inside the bed and you can reach it from there no problemo ;)

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Congratulations OP on your Ranger. I found out that the easiest way to reach the cab roof is by standing on a plastic milk crate. I can reach the half way point and then move to the other side. Black will be a chore to keep clean but it sure looks good when it is and it is almost as fast as Lightning Blue, Ha Ha.

IMG_1487.jpg

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Good evening!

This past Saturday I traded in my 2019 Civic Si for my new to me 2019 Ranger Lariat. It was a great trade considering the previous owner optioned the 501A Equipment Group & Tech Package for me. :like: It does fit in our garage with about 6 inches on either side to spare it seems..?

I needed something bigger now that our 9mo old is in daycare, and I am regularly dropping him off. Plus, you just can not beat the utility of a truck.

Hope to learn a lot from this forum as I have with CivicX.

I am a semi-pro detailer, so sometime in the future I will make some detailing threads as I learn to keep my truck showroom quality.:party:

6D003A05-30BB-4CE5-B67D-9A6D0CE6B42A.jpeg

89A361A9-977B-4BA1-A361-F9770F6BD326.jpeg
Welcome Cody! Beautiful Ranger and precious little one you have there! :clap:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
So I've never owned a truck before this one. One thing that caught me off guard on my first wash was being unable to reach the entire roof of the truck. Still haven't gotten around to figuring that out. For now I just don't wash the roof (not like anyone looks up there anyways, right? :LOL:).
That’s my thinking! :LOL:
Sponsored