First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I would be very interested in that but not enough to go through the financial burden and soul destroying effort it would take lol
There are companies around that specialize in Coyote conversions. They even sell custom wiring harnesses and components for your specific build. True, only experienced, well heeled people need apply.

Well out of reach of the kids who can't understand why their ride no longer rolls forward under its own power, then inquire about installing a stratospheric powertrain....
Sponsored

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
The new Colorado shares the same bolt pattern with the Silverado. Why can’t Ford do this with the Ranger and F150?
what am I missing? Seems common sense….

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
The new Colorado shares the same bolt pattern with the Silverado. Why can’t Ford do this with the Ranger and F150?
Cause ford gonna ford, lmao.

OHTREMOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Had a Canyon and preferred the 8 speed to the 10 speed in our Rangers.
I did sell it because of the tranny shudder issue but it had been repaired and was working fine after.
Ten gears is just way too many in my opinion. Wish the new Ranger would come with an 8 speed when it hits here in 2025:like:
I like what GM is doing with the Colorado but want to see the new GMC AT4x and of course the new Ranger in a somewhat capable off road trim like FX4 or Tremor.

Also I have to say that I’m a little pissed the new Ranger will be out throughout the world before we see it here. I think that is BS from an American owned company.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Had a Canyon and preferred the 8 speed to the 10 speed in our Rangers.
I did sell it because of the tranny shudder issue but it had been repaired and was working fine after.
Ten gears is just way too many in my opinion. Wish the new Ranger would come with an 8 speed when it hits here in 2025:like:
I like what GM is doing with the Colorado but want to see the new GMC AT4x and of course the new Ranger in a somewhat capable off road trim like FX4 or Tremor.

Also I have to say that I’m a little pissed the new Ranger will be out throughout the world before we see it here. I think that is BS from an American owned company.
Yep, the T5/5g was released to the world 7 years before it reached North America. No developmental 'bugs' in mine, other than the mediocre shocks. I love the 10R80 trans in my Lariat.

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
I like it, looks great. Turbo with nice interior, good competition for the Ranger.

It has a 45 degree tailgate like the maverick tailgate trick, that’s the one feature I really want.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Waiting for a 'side by side' review with the 6g Ranger. Putting the 2.7T in the full size Silverado was a bust from the beginning, but should be the ideal motor for the Canyon/Colorado.

Truck Trivia: Chevrolet/GMC was the first to install in dash HVAC into pickup trucks, back with the 1965 models.

2eaf562a44802adba83ab0f9d12224bc.jpeg

DonB

Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Ranger Super Cab FX4
Occupation
Retired
Interesting features:
  • 7,700-pound towing capacity​
  • 1,164-pound payload​
  • ten camera views, including underbody and rear cameras​
It's got plenty of things to like about it.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
What’s even crazier is that the Ranger/Bronco has the same bolt pattern as the Silverado not the F150. Try to figure out that one. lol

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
Yep, the T5/5g was released to the world 7 years before it reached North America. No developmental 'bugs' in mine, other than the mediocre shocks. I love the 10R80 trans in my Lariat.
It’s a T6 not a T5. Next gen is a minor update under the sheet metal to what Ford refers to as a T6.2

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
21.3 gallons vs our 18. 3 gallons, assuming 22 per gallon is one more hour range on the highway before stoping than my current truck.
with an 8 gear transmission expect lower MPG than the ranger. especially at highway speeds.
That extra 3 gallons might get you an extra 20 miles of range.

Why would a 6 gear manual transmission get better mileage than a 4 gear automatic? because it has 2 extra gears. Same reason why everyone now a days has 8-9-10 gear transmissions or CVT transmissions. Much better mileage.

Those gear help.

XLT and me

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 xlt ranger 62 galaxie
Occupation
Truck driver
with an 8 gear transmission expect lower MPG than the ranger. especially at highway speeds.
That extra 3 gallons might get you an extra 20 miles of range.

Why would a 6 gear manual transmission get better mileage than a 4 gear automatic? because it has 2 extra gears. Same reason why everyone now a days has 8-9-10 gear transmissions or CVT transmissions. Much better mileage.

Those gear help.
Not really. It will help with mpg in stop and go traffic, but on the highway it won't. Actually the 8 speed may get better hiway mileage, all things being equal, as there will be less mass and parasitic drag on engine at cruise rpms. Either way, a Trail Boss version is highly likely to be my new truck soon. Not a GM fan, but it can't be any worse than my Ranger. Really like the new styling and some of it's features, not too sure about the interior yet though. Will have to see it in person before i judge it though.
Sponsored