First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, Build Date 12/19
Occupation
Engineering
I suppose the other thing I'm missing out on is the terrain control, but it seems that is in the works of a simple button replacement and a forscan change once that is figured out.
Don't forget the front end bash plate I'll probably never use! :LOL:

1606761492592.png
Sponsored

VainoN

First Name
Vaino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, Factory Five Cobra
Occupation
Tech Management
I'm a new 2020 FX4 owner (only have 350 miles so far). I'm going from a most European Car/SUV history, but I can understand the comment on bounce COMPARED to a car. It isn't a car, but is certainly respectable for a truck. Compared to my old '07 F150 with the HD package, it is certainly softer, but bounces less. It is all relative. I tried both the non-FX4 and FX4 and on the short test drives could NOT see much difference in bounce (save for the FX4 seemed to absorb the railway crossing with less commotion).

Rescue Ranger

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 1998 Ranger supercab 4.0 4X4 xlt
We test drove a 4x4 XLT and FX4 XLT the regular had a slightly smoother ride. However when I was crossing the Northern tip of the Big Horn Mountains on Highway 14A towing our Jayco 145rb in 9 inch's of snow we stopped to help some people that got suck about 500 yards on a trail I know buying the FX4 was well worth it. IMHO get a XLT FX4 with the better interior package 302A? I think didn't think getting a Lariat was worth the extra cost.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
IMHO get a XLT FX4 with the better interior package 302A? I think didn't think getting a Lariat was worth the extra cost.
Good point.

We wanted less technology so we bought an XL with the FX4 package. Pretty sweet deal. Since it's a FX4 you also get the upgraded information display that's located between the speedo / tach.

004.JPG

006.JPG

Here' the information display that you get in an XL Ranger without the FX4 Package. Reminds me of the control panel from a dot matrix printer.. circa 1985 :oops:

Basic Dash.jpg

Last edited:

Madtel4

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT-FX4, 2020 Ford Explorer ST, & 2018 Mustang GT
My 2020 FX4 rides and drives very well. 5K miles so far. I like everything except the soft low brake peddle and the jacked up rear stance.
Lee

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
My 2020 FX4 rides and drives very well. 5K miles so far. I like everything except the soft low brake peddle and the jacked up rear stance.
Lee
Lee, as others have said here try pulling up and down on your parking brake handle 15-20 times. It might adjust your rear brakes and raise the pedal up some. good luck , Bret

Madtel4

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT-FX4, 2020 Ford Explorer ST, & 2018 Mustang GT
Lee, as others have said here try pulling up and down on your parking brake handle 15-20 times. It might adjust your rear brakes and raise the pedal up some. good luck , Bret
Thanks I will try that. I never use the park brake. I didn't know that disk brakes were adjustable.

SICKQK

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.saddlebrookcontrols.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab FX4
Occupation
Automation Applications Engineer
If you've ever ridden in a Raptor or driven behind one going down the road they aren't what I wouldn't call bouncy but more like "floaty". The FX4 is no Raptor but its ride characteristics skew more toward that "floaty" feeling that off road tuned suspensions can have.
I had a 2019 XLT with the Black Appearance package and 18" wheels and now have the a 2020 XLT FX4 and both ride/handle fine but different. The 2019 handled better when compared to a car, but the 2020 can hit a dip in the road or a railroad crossing like a boss.

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I'm new here and just bought an XTL FX4 last weekend. It was bouncy when I picked it up. I checked the tire pressue and all the tires were at 41 psi.
Specs on the door call out a 30 psi setting with the 17" rims with Hancook tires.
I dropped down to 35 psi for a day...still bouncy. Just dropped down to 32 psi all around and it feels compliant and handlsss well. No more weird bouncing.

Dealers should really check this stuff when they receive their trucks from Ford. I wonder how many other trucks on the lot are pressurized wrong.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm new here and just bought an XTL FX4 last weekend. It was bouncy when I picked it up. I checked the tire pressue and all the tires were at 41 psi.
Specs on the door call out a 30 psi setting with the 17" rims with Hancook tires.
I dropped down to 35 psi for a day...still bouncy. Just dropped down to 32 psi all around and it feels compliant and handlsss well. No more weird bouncing.

Dealers should really check this stuff when they receive their trucks from Ford. I wonder how many other trucks on the lot are pressurized wrong.
Hi Mark,

This is sadly an ongoing problem in that the Dealers do not set tire pressure even though it is to be done as part of the Pre-Delivery Inspection of a truck prior to the purchaser getting the new truck. I wish this problem would be addressed some way to eliminate dealer involvement but alas...no movement on this ongoing concern.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Hi Mark,

This is sadly an ongoing problem in that the Dealers do not set tire pressure even though it is to be done as part of the Pre-Delivery Inspection of a truck prior to the purchaser getting the new truck. I wish this problem would be addressed some way to eliminate dealer involvement but alas...no movement on this ongoing concern.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
What's even more disturbing is how many customers have these dealers lost because someone came to test drive a vehicle...only to leave and get a different brand because they didn't like the way it drove?

Sure the dealers are doing a disservice to their customers, but worse, they are doing a disservice to themselves and the brand.
It takes 5 minutes to go around a vehicle and drop the psi to the recommended pressure.

The Donald

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I never felt the FX4 ride was an issue, I also wondered what people complained about, it feels like a full frame truck.
Until last weekend on 69 south in Michigan between Flint and Lansing, I've never encountered so much bounce. It was enough bounce for me to notice and then I looked over at the semi in the right lane and he was bouncing all over the place so I can't totally blame the truck.

Gretchen! Fix the roads like you promised.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I never felt the FX4 ride was an issue, I also wondered what people complained about, it feels like a full frame truck.
Until last weekend on 69 south in Michigan between Flint and Lansing, I've never encountered so much bounce. It was enough bounce for me to notice and then I looked over at the semi in the right lane and he was bouncing all over the place so I can't totally blame the truck.

Gretchen! Fix the roads like you promised.
Hi Dan,

Whitmer is a real piece of work....Retched will not deliver in any promise as she is seeking higher office. Have her husband drop off his boat from the storage unit to your house... Daughter has signed a petition for her recall. Hope it works...
Sponsored