First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Seems a bit strange to me to be sick to your stomach over that. You just got a brand new truck! Be stoked about it. I bought a base model XL 4x4 and just built it up to what I wanted it to be.
Sponsored

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
So you get upset in a truck but not in a car?:shock:

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I read a lot of hate for the Fx4 and bounce, including an Edmunds video review where all three reviewers felt sea sick in the Fx4. I then test drove an Fx4 a few days after trying a RWD and felt the same bounce and nausea, but I don't know if that was just in my head from the reviewers saying it.

Late last night I closed on a non-Fx4 4x4 with elec diff, boards 302A, and tech package, choosing that over a Fx4 with 18" wheels, 302A, and tech which would have ended up the same price. Immediately driving off the lot I felt sick to my stomach that I didn't go with the Fx4 package.

It's been less that 24hrs and while I should be stoked at the $8k+ in rebates/incentives, I just can't stop thinking about all the extra benefits the Fx4 package comes with, especially with the larger 18's which look much better.

As others have said on here, and I wish I had read yesterday, you can always buy new shocks, but you can't add all the tech options later on.

Super happy to have the new truck, but that sinking feeling is the worst.. Moral of story, do your research and drive both extensively to make sure you don't pass up a great deal just because some people say it bounces too much.
You can add some of the FX4 electronic features for $0.

FORScan Crowdsourced Wiki

FX4 Off-Road Screen (Non-FX4 Models) - Cred WhiteLightning19
IPC - 720-07-02 x3xx xxxx xxxx

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
You can add some of the FX4 electronic features for $0.

FORScan Crowdsourced Wiki
With this said, there's a slight chance someone will unlock the full FX4 package with some added buttons.

My dad has the exact same buyers remorse because he got the Lariat Sport with locker, and I got an XLT with FX4. They literally bounce exactly the same in every way, the only thing he's missing is the pitch and roll screen, and the terrain management/trail control features.

I say that those two features are worth 4-800$ difference in price between Locker only, and full FX4. If I were you, I'd get involved in the conversion thread. It absolutely has to be possible, they just need to find the correct parts and compare enough As Built files to get the correct settings.

OP
OP
ben8jam

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
you should order a tailgate damper.
If she gets to drive the ranger all the time and you get the jetta, you wont have to install it.:handsinair:
Yes going to get the damper for sure, I saw the thread on that.

She won't get the Ranger - she was threatening me to stop whining about not buying the Fx4 or she was going to take the ranger and make me drive the Jetta wagon. That shut me up pretty quick....

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm upset I didn't buy a gladiator.
For the price of a Gladiator, you can buy a Ranger, and a nicer JK Rubicon for the weekends.

Included all the things you'd get in a Ranger XLT FX4 except an auto trans (+$2000)
upload_2019-11-20_12-13-16.png
Those are USD's

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I googled my local dodge dealer who has three in stock, they range from $66 to 69 K canadian.
Probably bought them in October, and haven't realized the markup opportunity yet. Yet...
upload_2019-11-20_12-32-53.png

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
I read a lot of hate for the Fx4 and bounce, including an Edmunds video review where all three reviewers felt sea sick in the Fx4. I then test drove an Fx4 a few days after trying a RWD and felt the same bounce and nausea, but I don't know if that was just in my head from the reviewers saying it.

Late last night I closed on a non-Fx4 4x4 with elec diff, boards 302A, and tech package, choosing that over a Fx4 with 18" wheels, 302A, and tech which would have ended up the same price. Immediately driving off the lot I felt sick to my stomach that I didn't go with the Fx4 package.

It's been less that 24hrs and while I should be stoked at the $8k+ in rebates/incentives, I just can't stop thinking about all the extra benefits the Fx4 package comes with, especially with the larger 18's which look much better.

As others have said on here, and I wish I had read yesterday, you can always buy new shocks, but you can't add all the tech options later on.

Super happy to have the new truck, but that sinking feeling is the worst.. Moral of story, do your research and drive both extensively to make sure you don't pass up a great deal just because some people say it bounces too much.
Have you checked your tire pressure? Mine had almost 45 psi. Aired down to 31 front and 29 rear and the ride greatly improved. Although it wasn't that terrible to begin with.
Also, it must be a US thing, but mine came with 17" rims. 18" was optional IIRC.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Looks like I may be the only one here who likes my 18 in. wheels. I was thinking it was one of the reasons my Ranger rides so good. As far as the FX4 goes, I don’t need it. My husband insisted on it (in case, I guess). But he won’t even drive it. He loves the Ranger, but doesn’t like all the “tech” stuff.:shock: :)

OP
OP
ben8jam

ben8jam

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Looks like I may be the only one here who likes my 18 in. wheels. I was thinking it was one of the reasons my Ranger rides so good. As far as the FX4 goes, I don’t need it. My husband insisted on it (in case, I guess). But he won’t even drive it. He loves the Ranger, but doesn’t like all the “tech” stuff.:shock: :)
I think the 18s fill in the gap a bit better than the 17s. But it’s all personal pref.

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
OP,

I’m going to buck the perceived trend here and say that if you aren’t happy, you lose nothing by trying to fix it. I have an extremely good relationship with my dealer and sales guy (15 years and 11 vehicles) and it would be no worries for him to get me into something I wanted within a reasonable time; you may have different results.

I guess my point is this - you spent the money, and despite what anyone says, you have to be happy with the money you spent and what you got for it. If you’re not, you outta try to remedy it; what’s it going to hurt to try?