Need your opinion on tailgate letter colors

With a lightning blue truck with magnetic trim, what color should the letters on the tailgate be?

• Black

• Magnetic

• Other

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
When i get aroundto buying some, i am going with the flag colored ones. I have a lightning blue colored Ranger.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2020 Lightning Blue Ranger with magnetic trim. It has been too cold to put letters in (thankfully in this case). Due to my indecisiveness, I bought both magnetic (graphite) and black letters. My question is which looks better? If you have pics, I’d love to see them. Also am putting black letters on front magnetic trim around black grille. Not a fan of blue letters.
Just my humble opinion, as a Lightening Blue and Black Appearance Package Ranger driver, if I were to put letters on my truck, I would go with black to match all the other black stuff; if I had your truck, Lightening Blue with magnetic trim, which also looks great, by the way, I would go with the magnetic letters, for balance.

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Just my humble opinion, as a Lightening Blue and Black Appearance Package Ranger driver, if I were to put letters on my truck, I would go with black to match all the other black stuff; if I had your truck, Lightening Blue with magnetic trim, which also looks great, by the way, I would go with the magnetic letters, for balance.
I 2nd this motion

2020FRL

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2014 Harley Tri Glide
Occupation
Retired

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
I really like the American Flag ones. I think they'd look great on your truck. :like::flag:
Absolutely go with the American flag style. They would go perfect with the blue. I added them to my Magnetic grey and they look good there too.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I have White Platinum and also considered black tailgate letters with my Sport Package magnetic trim, but decided it would be too much contrast. I went with magnetic letters.

My dealer had both on hand. I took both colors out to a truck for visual comparison which really helped.

I did install black letters on my magnetic grill, but they sort of blend right in.

Image 654.png

Last edited:

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2020 Lightning Blue Ranger with magnetic trim. It has been too cold to put letters in (thankfully in this case). Due to my indecisiveness, I bought both magnetic (graphite) and black letters. My question is which looks better? If you have pics, I’d love to see them. Also am putting black letters on front magnetic trim around black grille. Not a fan of blue letters.
You could put them on now-just pull the tailgate off and take it somewhere warm. Also, it's a LOT easier to put the letters on with the tailgate flat.

OP
OP
mlarma

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
You could put them on now-just pull the tailgate off and take it somewhere warm. Also, it's a LOT easier to put the letters on with the tailgate flat.
I think I'm gonna do this over the weekend. How much does the tailgate weigh? I imagine that it isn't too heavy if boneheads steal them.

I do think I'm gonna stick with putting black letters on the grille trim. If I don't like it, I'll get blue ones that match the truck. Has anyone put lightning blue raised letters (or unraised) on the dash? That's my OCD there saying, "must fill in all of the indentations with letters" :)

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Hey, we bought our trucks at the same dealership!
That's crazy...LOL. But they gave us the best deal. They called last week to see if we wanted to trade the Ranger in. Not gonna happen!

We have to haul this...

And I have to add...Molly loves that truck more then anybody!

IMG_2945.jpg

Hey, we bought our trucks at the same dealership!
Sponsored

Last edited: