Need your opinion on tailgate letter colors

With a lightning blue truck with magnetic trim, what color should the letters on the tailgate be?

• Black

• Magnetic

• Other

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
I have a 2020 Lightning Blue Ranger with magnetic trim. It has been too cold to put letters in (thankfully in this case). Due to my indecisiveness, I bought both magnetic (graphite) and black letters. My question is which looks better? If you have pics, I’d love to see them. Also am putting black letters on front magnetic trim around black grille. Not a fan of blue letters.
Sponsored

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
How about white? Would be a throwback to when the tailgates had FORD in large bold letters on them.

Bt_ostate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Sales
I have a 2020 Lightning Blue Ranger with magnetic trim. It has been too cold to put letters in (thankfully in this case). Due to my indecisiveness, I bought both magnetic (graphite) and black letters. My question is which looks better? If you have pics, I’d love to see them. Also am putting black letters on front magnetic trim around black grille. Not a fan of blue letters.
I always play off of either the trim color so magnetic in your instance or the pkg/decal coloring. Have not decided whether to match the magnetic trim on my new tremor or go with black with red trimmed letters to play off of the bed decals, red trim on grill, tow hooks, etc. Probably get both and compare when truck arrives and go with what seems to look best then.

Definitely prefer the domed letters or 3d letters. Not a fan of the flat vinyl letters as I don't think they add as much. But that's a personal preference.

I've found tufskinz and bdtrims, though more expensive than many, to be far higher quality and better lasting.

Nathan289

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat fx4, 2019 mazda cx3, 1963 falco
Occupation
Leo
I have a lightining blue fx4 with sport package.. I ordered the magnetic grey with black outline.. I just ordered them yesterday from Amazon..
I'll post a picture when they are installed..
I also went with chrome grill letters as i thought it looked better than black, red, white, or blue on a magnetic grey grill..

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the American Flag ones. I think they'd look great on your truck. :like::flag:
I second this!! Mine are waiting on the sun to come out and the snow to melt! Love the American Flag ones.

OP
OP
mlarma

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
How about white? Would be a throwback to when the tailgates had FORD in large bold letters on them.
I love nostalgia but after having a white car prior to the Ranger and my loaner Ranger in January was white, I can say that I’m gonna pass :) Would be curious to see if someone else has done that as to what it looks like.

OP
OP
mlarma

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
I second this!! Mine are waiting on the sun to come out and the snow to melt! Love the American Flag ones.
I have four things that are in the waiting for a warm day. Tailgate letters, grille trim letters, wind deflector and bushwhacker rocker panel and door sill protectors. Thankfully I’m 4-6 weeks tops from being able to do that!

OP
OP
mlarma

mlarma

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x2
Occupation
Computers/Networks
I like these, but they could make you a target.
20201201_142034.jpg
Nah it won’t make you a target. Unless you’re driving in mainland China. ? also, to me the flag isn’t political, religious or anything like that. It’s our country and shared history. That said, I wish folks would stop flying the fabric flag in the rain or at night without illumination. I know that has to tick off ex-military folks. But anyway... I like the flag letters, but think I’m gonna go with the metallic/graphite. I am curious to see the graphite with black outline.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Come on man!!!! Everyone here knows Pink with Purple Polka dots is what all the Kool Kids go with these days!!!! LOL

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I've got a lightning blue FX4 with sport trim. Added magnetic letters to the tailgate and blue letters to the grill. Think black would be too must contrast on tailgate, not enough on grill.