Need help with part # dealer says doesn't exist

zendick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Sport
I need the part numbers for the clear vinyl protection on the rear passenger side. There are two peices back there, one on the body and the other on the painted wheel well trim.

thanks!
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
There is not an OEM vinyl film that is applied in that area that I can find. It is possible that this was either a dealer add-on, mistakenly left on from transport when the truck went through Make-Ready, or if added on by the previous owner (if the you bought it used) There is a paint protection kit available from Ford Accessories but it is for the hood and leading edges of the front fenders.

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
There is PPF aplied to that area. It is not "left over" from transit etc. I have it too, been there since bought truck brand new. Although I may be of no help on the part number, I beleive this is the PPF you are talking about. Maybe others can chime in with numbers. Worst case...I would just go to a shop that does film and tint and have them put new ones on...would be pretty cheap.

20200804_142347.jpg

20200804_142354.jpg

OP
OP

zendick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Sport
that is exactly what my truck has, thanks, I was hoping to match the drivers side (Some texting idiot side swiped me)

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
That looks just like a add on the dealership put on depending on the area and company running the place.

OP
OP

zendick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Sport
lol no they had to do body work but i want the chip protection matching the other side reapplied

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
That looks like generic pre-cut clear vinyl film. I looked at some of the pre-cut patterns and did not see any specifically made for this section. You might be able to call around to some local shops that install 3M or Lamin-X to see if they have or can cut/install something like it.

Last edited:

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport SuperCrew 2wd
292A22 would normally be the callout for this tape. They used to call it "stone defelectors" on the older F-150's. In fact I looked it up on an F-150 and the catalog told me "clear, improvised, not serviced" however if you look up an f250 same year you can buy the clear tape and it is serviced.

So i'd take the advice of others. It's just clear PPF and any tint shop should carry it and it would be cheap to do as well.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
I have the same thing. However, it's on the leading edge or each rear fender. for the super cab models. I noticed these at the dealership as well. It's factory PPF.

WOADKIL

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Supercrew Cab FX4
Occupation
ENGINEER
I had to tell my Ford dealer what the Redarc brake controller PN was, then they told me they never installed one before on a 5G Ranger. That's when I went to another dealer that had experience in this install...

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
My super cab has it. It was a surprise to me when detailing and noticed it. Pretty happy it’s there too!
Sponsored