Only 10k miles, bad front u joint says the dealer..

Justin says...

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Lux
Occupation
IT System Analyst II
At low speeds with the window down, I can hear a swish swish swish rubbing noise coming from the front left area. Was able to reproduce the noise with engine off coasting down hill.

It took two attempts, but I got the dealership mechanic to hear it as well. 15min later they diagnosed it as a bad u joint and will replace that front right axle.

Anybody else have this issue? Problems like this so early on make me a little nervous about the reliability but we'll see.
Sponsored

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
Good thing you don’t have any U joints on the axles…. CV joints have been known to fail, especially when leveled but even when stock.

pwrplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Its definitely possible but why are they replacing the right axle if the sound is coming from the left?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Justin says...

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Lux
Occupation
IT System Analyst II
Sorry I meant front left. That's where the noise is and that's the "u joint" they're replacing. Their words not mine. I guess they mean cv axle.

And the truck is totally stock.

jeff81

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Engineer
I wouldn’t stress about. There are always going to be bad parts. CV’s only need a little contamination during assembly fail early. Be glad that caught it early. Many people would only drive with the radio on and never notice it until it starts clunking.
Sponsored