First Name
char & tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Healthcare
this thread isn’t really so much as to describe a complicated DIY project, So much as to warn about the crappy online options. we bought rubber tray liners from Amazon. The only ones available at the time. However after few hot weeks in the car they turn into noodly distorted weird plastic things with greasy oily stuff seeping out of the plastic.

So I threw those out, but the upside is I could trace them to make new tray liners out of indoor/outdoor carpeting which has worked great. given the complex shapes might have been worth buying the cheap asian liners just to use as a pattern.
image.jpg
Sponsored

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Did you glue it down? or did you leave it easily removable

Out of curiosity, What do you store up there?
Only reason I ask is, I haven't found anything that I would want to put up there....

Deleted member 1634

Only reason I ask is, I haven't found anything that I would want to put up there....
I don't know about OP, but I've been putting loose items up there: sunglass clip-ons for my glasses (transition lenses don't work through windows), one of my masks, a quarter for shopping at Aldi, the controller fob for my wireless off-road lights, camper keys when we're towing it, other little things like that.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I usually use that tray for a few seconds at a time when getting in before I move the stuff somewhere better

OP
OP
charwest

charwest

First Name
char & tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Healthcare

my wife keeps her sunglasses and hair clips in there. i also put liners made of the same stuff in all of the cupholders trays glovebox console etc.

stuff doesn’t seem to move around and it stays flat. i was going to put in some double sided foam tape underneath but ended up not needing it. that one on the dash works fine for us. it’s deep enough that things don’t fling out, and the carpeting means things don’t slide as easily as when it was just plastic.

i like the rest of them too. i can shake them out easily as they get dirty or i could wash them in the sink

philanderer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 ford ranger
resuscitating this thread instead of starting a new one. anyone found a rubber liner for the dash tray? need something to keep my sunglasses from sliding around. ive searched amazon and the interwebs and didnt find anything. TIA

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired

BS67

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Eye Tech, 2A supporter, USMC "Doc" '89-'95
A center console tray is a must have that Ford should have included. However, I believe Phil is looking for the dash tray instead.
Oh he!!........I missed the dash tray part! Oh well........it's a nice tray! LOL

TXRangerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired
You still get a participation trophy. You can even put it in the dash tray to show the world.