First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger, XLT 4x4, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Therapist -- Retired Navy
Thank you, nice write up, now I know which fuse to use.
Sponsored

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
How do you get the a-pillar trim off? I fed my cord into it with a plastic pry tool, now I have a slight gap and it’s bugging me. I’d like to take it off, and make sure it’s in there snug, but I can’t for the life of me find a video on how to do it.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Get a pry tool in along the top edge. Pull away from the a-pillar on a bit of a diagonal. The driver side has a plastic strap that keeps the trim from flying off of the air bag deploys. This only allows you a couple inches of clearance.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Some clean installs compared to mine. An interesting thread for sure.

I have the Ford/Thinkware F200 front/rear (cabin) from the Ford Accessory Catalog. Was installed incorrectly by a 3rd party accessory shop the dealer uses. 16GB SD card that came with the unit failed in short order - replaced with a 32GB SD card from Walmart - formatted card on my laptop computer. Added the GPS accessory plug in 'button' at a later date.

Very pleased with the setup once it got sorted. GPS 'button' accessory is below the rear facing camera in the lower image.

IMG_0009.JPG

64902088134__CDAD00A8-5767-4644-8CFB-FF931E75508D.JPG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Get a pry tool in along the top edge. Pull away from the a-pillar on a bit of a diagonal. The driver side has a plastic strap that keeps the trim from flying off of the air bag deploys. This only allows you a couple inches of clearance.
This worked perfectly, thank you!

I was able to run to AutoZone and get a plastic pry-tool which made the job a lot more easier.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
This worked perfectly, thank you!

I was able to run to AutoZone and get a plastic pry-tool which made the job a lot more easier.
Glad it worked!

Those pry tools are really good to have. I used to install car audio/video & security for years and I have so many different ones. In a bind, wrap a screwdriver with electrical tape.
Sponsored