John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in Texas, but when I travel to Oklahoma, I get similar fuel mileage because they have options for Ethanol Free gasoline that doesn't have high price mark-ups. You might be getting Ethanol Free gas even if you are not selecting it.
In Illinois gas containing ethanol has to be marked as such; I never knew other states didn't require that.

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
I'm starting to think I've got the wrong motor in my Ranger. lol We're 2 weeks into our trip and I have 7 fill ups so far and my worst mpg has been 24.4 and the best has been 26.3. This is going through many different elevation changes starting out in AZ at around 1000' and have been as high as 11,000' driving 75-85 mph. Before heading out I was expecting to get somewhere in the 22-23 mpg range so this is a bonus. Premium gas prices have been averaging around $5.25/gal and I just checked my Gas Buddy app and back in AZ it's already up to $6.23! Another reason we're NOT looking forward to going home. :curse:

Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 8.54.55 PM.jpeg
Do you have a tonneau? Mine's permanently stuck at 21-22

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Do you have a tonneau? Mine's permanently stuck at 21-22
I do have a soft tonneau cover. I've never got this good mileage before but I also never drive this much highway, it's mostly around town with about 25% highway.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
In Illinois gas containing ethanol has to be marked as such; I never knew other states didn't require that.
most of the places i have seen say something similar to "may contain up to % ethanol". so its like they dont tell me it has it or not just that its possible lol.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
most of the places i have seen say something similar to "may contain up to % ethanol". so its like they dont tell me it has it or not just that its possible lol.
Ours usually say "Contains up to 10%" or "Contains up to 15%".

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Yes, we have stickers indicating that the fuel may contain "Up to 15% Ethanol." However, the fuel may contain between 0%-15% ethanol, so you might be using fuel with less than 15% ethanol and not know it. Also, there are options for ethanol-free fuels that sell for more. In Texas these fuels are a lot more. In Oklahoma, they are just a little bit more.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, we have stickers indicating that the fuel may contain "Up to 15% Ethanol." However, the fuel may contain between 0%-15% ethanol, so you might be using fuel with less than 15% ethanol and not know it. Also, there are options for ethanol-free fuels that sell for more. In Texas these fuels are a lot more. In Oklahoma, they are just a little bit more.
Yeah I just assume it's going to be the highest amount. Oddly, regular and mid grade here are almost always 10% ethanol, premium is 93 octane and contains none - at least according to the pump. If I go in near Chicago, premium is 91 octane and has some ethanol according to the label.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
? I wonder if I add another damper to the right side if I'll get 30 mpg? :shock:?
Dave seriously you mean that you have not tried that yet? I am really disappointed in you.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave seriously you mean that you have not tried that yet? I am really disappointed in you.
Sorry Mark I've been slacking, but I'll get on it after vacation. Lord knows I'm gonna need extra money after this trip and selling another damper for the right side is just the way to do it! ?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
How many miles you think you will be at round trip ? ?
I had guessed around 3,000-3,500. Right now we're 2 weeks into it today and I'm just over 2,500 miles so now I'm thinking it'll be closer to 4,000 miles. There's been a few things along the way where we weren't planning on going to but we figured what the heck we're already this close what's another detour out of our way. lol
Looks like I'll be a little over what I had planned. We're exactly 3 weeks into the trip and I'm at 3,753 miles but we made a lot of unplanned stops along the way. So far the Ranger has run great and I can't complain about the overall mileage at 23.9. It was as high as 24.5 but the last two off road trips killed it with a lot of slow inclines and idling at the end while airing the tires back up.

IMG_7062.jpg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Totaling up my gas receipts I had 16 fill ups which came out to $1,026.55. Total miles ended up being 4,984 which is way more they we had planned. The best mpg was 26.5 and the worst was 22.3 when we were off road in UT. The average for the whole trip was 23.8 so not bad considering all the places we were and all the different elevations and not driving the speed limit. ??

IMG_7552.jpg

Utope

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cactus Grey XLT SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
If you still have the gas receipts, how close is the dash compared to the hand calculation?
Sponsored