First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
How many miles you think you will be at round trip ? ?
I had guessed around 3,000-3,500. Right now we're 2 weeks into it today and I'm just over 2,500 miles so now I'm thinking it'll be closer to 4,000 miles. There's been a few things along the way where we weren't planning on going to but we figured what the heck we're already this close what's another detour out of our way. lol
Sponsored

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I'm starting to think I've got the wrong motor in my Ranger. lol We're 2 weeks into our trip and I have 7 fill ups so far and my worst mpg has been 24.4 and the best has been 26.3. This is going through many different elevation changes starting out in AZ at around 1000' and have been as high as 11,000' driving 75-85 mph. Before heading out I was expecting to get somewhere in the 22-23 mpg range so this is a bonus. Premium gas prices have been averaging around $5.25/gal and I just checked my Gas Buddy app and back in AZ it's already up to $6.23! Another reason we're NOT looking forward to going home. :curse:

Screenshot 2022-06-15 at 8.54.55 PM.jpeg
That is a great result. I can see the 24-26 on open road using cruise control at about 65 MPH. If I run it up to 75-80 MPH, my MPG drops to about 21-22.

My truck seems to return almost exactly what the EPA estimate says. I guess there is a first time for everything. :)

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm averaging 24-26 MPG driving the South east Ohio and West Virginia hills and mountains.
It can be done, drive the speed limit #1, don't let the truck sit and warm up or cool down. I let mine run long enough for it to idle down.
I've tried the start stop last 2 tanks- I think it helps
Put a cover on the bed- MPG prior to that was high 23's. After lowest was 24. something and up to 26.
I do/did all that except driving the speed limit. lol

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
All stock Tremor 1200 miles on 50/50 city/highway and I rarly hit the turbo I hope it loosens up soon. I would be ok with the rated 19 at this point. I love the truck and wife says if you can afford the truck you can afford the gas... Bless her heart! :)

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
All stock Tremor 1200 miles on 50/50 city/highway and I rarly hit the turbo I hope it loosens up soon. I would be ok with the rated 19 at this point. I love the truck and wife says if you can afford the truck you can afford the gas... Bless her heart! :)
Give it a little more time to break in more. My buddy has a brand new F150 and he now has just over 4,000 miles and is getting 1 mpg better than when it was new. Switching to premium gave him another .5 too.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
12000 miles but 17 mpg mostly stop and go city driving. Long drives about 23-25 mpg so a little low city. I can live with it because I do love the boost!!

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
See Andy's living proof the damper adds mpg! :shock:?
Oh I forgot to mention that was a short trip right after I “lost” damper and reset the mpg counter. I had to get the wife an emergency loaf of bread. Pedal to the metal so they say. Then I was harshly admonished for “losing “ my damper and was guilted into finding it. I reinstalled it but never reset the counter so I’m back to 17 mpg now. I’m not sure what the takeaway is here but I am getting better mpg after reinstalling it. ?

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh I forgot to mention that was a short trip right after I “lost” damper and reset the mpg counter. I had to get the wife an emergency loaf of bread. Pedal to the metal so they say. Then I was harshly admonished for “losing “ my damper and was guilted into finding it. I reinstalled it but never reset the counter so I’m back to 17 mpg now. I’m not sure what the takeaway is here but I am getting better mpg after reinstalling it. ?
Why does your post remind me of the song Detachable Penis? o_O?