Morimoto Carbide LED

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
So I just stumbled across these looking for led headlight housing replacements for our Rangers, claiming to be made by Morimoto.

https://www.carid.com/morimoto/carb...r-hl05.html?singleid=4931997772&url=140285479

I didn’t know that these even existed. So the website claims that they have the same 5 year warranty that we see on the projector style Morimotos. I am skeptical because they are identical to the GTR Carbide set that Headlight Revolution sells, which are also identical to the VLand led reflector headlights. Does anyone know definitively or have any experience with them? TIA.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
They look like halogen with an LED bulb thrown in. The real Morl’s have projector housings listed on same website

OP
OP
WolfgangVTS

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
They look like halogen with an LED bulb thrown in. The real Morl’s have projector housings listed on same website
Yeah, I have flirted with the idea of replacing my factory halogens with the $1,300 Morimotos for quite some time now…so when these popped up they caught me off guard. I just wanted to see the consensus on here from my fellow 5g Ranger enthusiasts.

The ones I have linked above are identical in every way to the GTR Carbide reflector LED headlights that Headlight Revolution sells on their website. And they only have a 1 year warranty. I do like how they look though, I just wish they were projector lenses.

I didn’t know if maybe Morimoto bought out GTR and started selling them under their name and offering the same warranty or what. Replacement Morimoto LED housings for less than $600…yes please. I guess I’ll just save up and get the more expensive (better) ones.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Im selling morimoto led headlamps if ur in WA state!

AvockAdoo

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Be cautious with the morimotos - I had them on my truck and they were causing my taillights to go out. Aparently they've "fixed the issue" but on my third replacement set I decided to just sell them as new lights and move into Lariat LED Swap land. No regrets & no issues in the 5 months since. With the MMs my taillights were going out every day, needing a switch flip to get it to turn back on. Very annoying.

OP
OP
WolfgangVTS

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Be cautious with the morimotos - I had them on my truck and they were causing my taillights to go out. Aparently they've "fixed the issue" but on my third replacement set I decided to just sell them as new lights and move into Lariat LED Swap land. No regrets & no issues in the 5 months since. With the MMs my taillights were going out every day, needing a switch flip to get it to turn back on. Very annoying.
Appreciate the heads up. Those Lariat assemblies are expensive for sure. I looked at those before the MM. Maybe the Alpharex Luxx would be a better choice…? They seem to be popular with members here.

AvockAdoo

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Appreciate the heads up. Those Lariat assemblies are expensive for sure. I looked at those before the MM. Maybe the Alpharex Luxx would be a better choice…? They seem to be popular with members here.
Those ones are popular, I couldnt stand the startup sequence.

Keep your eyes peeled on ebay and on here for lariat take offs. They're out there, and you can piece them together for less than morimotos if you're patient, and they work like they should - every time, every day.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
So I just stumbled across these looking for led headlight housing replacements for our Rangers, claiming to be made by Morimoto.

https://www.carid.com/morimoto/carb...r-hl05.html?singleid=4931997772&url=140285479

I didn’t know that these even existed. So the website claims that they have the same 5 year warranty that we see on the projector style Morimotos. I am skeptical because they are identical to the GTR Carbide set that Headlight Revolution sells, which are also identical to the VLand led reflector headlights. Does anyone know definitively or have any experience with them? TIA.

It's from GTR Lighting. Not Morimoto

https://www.gtrlighting.com/gtr_lighting/LED_Complete_Headlights

Ranger headlights.
https://www.gtrlighting.com/Carbide-LED-Headlights-2019-Ford-Ranger?quantity=1

Last edited:

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase

so i know about vland from the honda side of things and most liked them and had no issues to my knowledge

but those are for sure not moirmoto like the rest have stated they are missing at least a grand on that price tag lol

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
So who is going to Guinea pig these?
Sponsored