First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I picked up a pivot tool box for my 2019 Lariat. The instructions specify to remove the tie downs on the back of the bed and just behind the wheel well, put the bracket in place securing it by replacing the brackets and bolts removed. My truck (factory spray in bed liner) was missing the tied downs behind the wheel well. Anyone else have this issue? BTW, the spray was a pain in the butt to remove from the bolts and screw holes.
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I picked up a pivot tool box for my 2019 Lariat. The instructions specify to remove the tie downs on the back of the bed and just behind the wheel well, put the bracket in place securing it by replacing the brackets and bolts removed. My truck (factory spray in bed liner) was missing the tied downs behind the wheel well. Anyone else have this issue? BTW, the spray was a pain in the butt to remove from the bolts and screw holes.
Many treads on the tie downs on this forum. Ford deleted the middle tie downs about half way through model year 2019.

OP
OP
Dennis Esler

Dennis Esler

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Many treads on the tie downs on this forum. Ford deleted the middle tie downs about half way through model year 2019.
BTW, they are around $50 each!! Ouch!!

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I was missing the middle ones, but the dealers got me another pair. It sounds like you're missing the ones near the tailgate, that shouldn't be the case.

OP
OP
Dennis Esler

Dennis Esler

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I was missing the middle ones, but the dealers got me another pair. It sounds like you're missing the ones near the tailgate, that shouldn't be the case.
I have the front and the rear. It’s the middle ones that are missing.

Reactions: EJH

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
I used the 2019 official ranger brochure to get my dealer to provide them. It specifically states that 6 tie down points are provided
Good for You Casey. Research is always a positive combative :like:

Fastfitzy

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
BTW, they are around $50 each!! Ouch!!
Yeah, that’s not counting the bolts which I think were like 9$ each, if I remember correctly. I just realized how much this subject has been discussed, by all of the similar threads below ??‍♂

Last edited:
Reactions: EJH

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I got a 2020 XLT FX4, same here its missing, I talk to the dealership and they said that Ford only provide 4 of the tie downs.

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I have a 2019 with 4 tie downs. I recently installed the missing 2 with the Ford Pass points. It cost 100 bucks worth of points for 2 tie downs and 4 bolts. The dealer would not supply because of a brochure...I tried.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I have a 2019 with 4 tie downs. I recently installed the missing 2 with the Ford Pass points. It cost 100 bucks worth of points for 2 tie downs and 4 bolts. The dealer would not supply because of a brochure...I tried.
A dealer with clue! You'll note that the brochure says that specifications are subject to change without notice...it actually is not a magic piece of paper that will force Ford to pay for something they said they wouldn't.

Aragorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
I ended up negotiating two pivot boxes as being included in the sale price for my truck. When they arrived, I agreed I would install the pivot boxes myself. I had the same problem you face--the pivot box instructions require you to reuse hardware from the middle tie down, which was missing.

Information learned on this message board and rumblings elsewhere online indicated to me that Ford either (1) deleted two of them as a cost saving measure (jerks!), or (2) that supply-chain issues arose and they removed two tie downs from each truck to share with others coming off the line, so as not to delay production.

In the end, since those parts were required to install pivot truck boxes and the truck boxes were part of my truck purchase, the dealership gave me two tie downs and the corresponding bolts for free.

And, yes, they are surprisingly expensive, perhaps because of the referenced supply chain issues and consequential supply and demand. When I first ran into this problem, I found someone obviously aware of it who was price gouging people by selling them for $99 each on Ebay! Opportunistic, leaching gits...

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Here are the part numbers from a post in this thread.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/missing-cargo-bed-tie-downs-arrived.4725/page-3#post-85269

Tie Down Hook - Ford (KB3Z-21550A74-A)
Tie Down Hook Bolt - Ford (-W505594-S450B)

It seems they are not as cheap as there were at the time of that post. But if you google the part numbers you can find them for a bit less than $50 each. Around $29.00 each for the hook and around $4 for the bolts it looks like. Of course I can't vouch for those places selling them as I've never used their services.

Like some others I talked my dealer into giving them to me.

Last edited:

adubs916

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Account Manager
I too had my middle tie downs missing. I had multiple emails with my sales person and every time he said they would be coming. After 2.5 months I finally emailed the person (finance manager), and delivery manager with I completed the sale with and voiced my displeasure that they were missing and had not received a replacement. One of my key points is that I also purchased the swing out box and in those instructions it actually uses the middle tie down and bolts for correct installation. My point was how can you sell an accessory and not have the proper hardware for the installation. It was crickets of about a week and magically two new tie downs/bolts showed up. Happy I finally received them but really wish acknowledging my email from the dealership management would have been nice and not too much to ask for.
Sponsored