Missing tie downs

FoMoCoDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
I am absolutely not going to complain to my dealer about this. Its $10 in amazon eye bolts, jeez. 2020 models are equipped with 4 tie downs in the literature.

$25 is high imo for these but I would have bit. Want to triple the price on these, fine. I don't have to buy yours. I bought the 4X4 knob, be happy with that Ford
Sponsored

Last edited:

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
i have a 2019, came with only 4 sets, i brought it up to my dealer and they gave me a full set of 6 with bolts, i kept two and sent the others out for free..

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Ford (and you, as well) gave me a pretty clear impression that you didn't pay for it. Ford made a mid-year running change to how the vehicle gets manufactured, and documented it. You paid your dealer for a pickup with all the listed options built according to the current manufacturing specs.

Bottom line, they gave you what you signed for. You don't get to eliminate contract language after the fact just because you don't like it and/or it is written in a different font. If you want to eliminate clauses or otherwise change a contract, you need to do that before you sign it.

If you want to try to hassle your dealer into giving you the tie-downs, by all means knock yourself out. If they refuse and you still feel that you have a solid argument that the sales contract hasn't been fully fulfilled, take it to small claims court.
If they changed manufacturing requirements by the delivery date, not the order date...they should be responsible for that order date...that's my argument. I'm not taking about font. It's a simple sales contract...don't convolute it. I'm sure the dealer knows all these time lines and what's responsible. It's a matter of responsibility and customer service.
As a side note...I gave you no impression of payment.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
If they changed manufacturing requirements by the delivery date, not the order date...they should be responsible for that order date...that's my argument. I'm not taking about font. It's a simple sales contract...don't convolute it. I'm sure the dealer knows all these time lines and what's responsible. It's a matter of responsibility and customer service.
As a side note...I gave you no impression of payment.
Give it a break! Your, by your own admission, arguing a point which we on the forum can do nothing about. Either go see if your dealer will give you some as others have or buy them if you must have them. Complaining here has no purpose.

Your argument about order date versus delivery date holds no water. Unless your order/sales contract specifically calls out six tie downs, which I doubt. Sales brochures are typically always subject to change without notice and usually have a footnote to that effect. Manufacture CYA.

As far as the dealer knowing the timelines, lol. They don't even know that much about the trucks features yet much less when it first came back.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I went to the dealer and said I only had 4, not 6. I wanted to buy the extra. They said they'd cover it if I could show it needed 6. Then I showed them that half their trucks had 4 and the other half 6. They literally pulled two off one of the trucks and put them in mine.

If you bought a Ranger in Salem, NH with only two tie downs, now you know why.

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Give it a break! Your, by your own admission, arguing a point which we on the forum can do nothing about. Either go see if your dealer will give you some as others have or buy them if you must have them. Complaining here has no purpose.

Your argument about order date versus delivery date holds no water. Unless your order/sales contract specifically calls out six tie downs, which I doubt. Sales brochures are typically always subject to change without notice and usually have a footnote to that effect. Manufacture CYA.

As far as the dealer knowing the timelines, lol. They don't even know that much about the trucks features yet much less when it first came back.
I realize this is a forum. I still think there should be a corporate responsibility. Hopefully, Ford monitors these forums, for better product adaptions. Support for complaints and/or failures has its merits. You may be right about the change without notice, if that's the case - never order a Ford product. Buy it off the lot or don't buy it. There have been enough complaints and interest in having 6 tie downs, bad paint, gas in the oil, suspension problems to illicit a Ford response. It is what it is. I know you've heard that euphemism a lot. It's worth supporting owners who have problems. As far as the dealer knowing about their product...they should invest in themselves.
There was no admission of anything by me, nor complaining. I sought my own solution and resolved it. I would like to see Ford do a better job of resolving problems for it's own sake and those of us who have invested in a Ranger.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Did they fit the factory threaded mounting holes for the factory middle tie downs? I ordered the ones from your link and the thread is way too small.
I believe the correct size for the tie down bolts is 8mm - 1.25.

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I believe the correct size for the tie down bolts is 8mm - 1.25.
I believe they are M8 bolts. I had to pick up a tap to clean out the threads because of the spray in liner. I did get those from Ford. I used the Ford Pass points. The dealer would not give the tie downs to me, so I used pass points before they could expire. I change my own oil and do simple maintenance.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Stumbled on these F-150 Bed Tie Downs today, which would work great IF they have the correct spacing for the bolt holes.. which is about 3-3/4" as I recall.

Bed Tie Down For F-150.jpg

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Stumbled on these F-150 Bed Tie Downs today, which would work great IF they have the correct spacing for the bolt holes.. which is about 3-3/4" as I recall.

Bed Tie Down For F-150.jpg
I like this style better, I wonder if they'd fit.
Sponsored