Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
That worked... Thanks.

Food for thought:

Those will only be half as strong as the factory tie down bracket. Only one 8mm bolt carrying the load, instead of two.

Additionally, you can't pass the end of a bungee chord, or a nylon strap with a hook, through the eye... it's only about 3/4" in diameter.

The Ford brackets, where they are missing, allows for a 1-5/8" diameter item to pass through them, due to the indentation in the bed side wall. It's a great design..... if there is a bracket there. :like:

M8 Lifting Eye.jpg

007.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Henry Mac what size torx is yours?
My apologee Sir, ... I was supposed to check that for you wasn't I?

I just checked, it's a T-40

CoJo

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure if this was posted or not in the thread, looked quickly through and didn’t see it, but went to my dealer to ask them to order my missing hooks and the service guy wasn’t very receptive. None the less he started looking into it and found a notice from Ford that they did a running change effective July 24th, 2019 that made the assembly to include only 4 hooks no longer 6. Notice said any vehicle after that date will only have 4 so no luck for me to get the other 2 for free.

Sky Valley

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Thanks for the pictures...
Thanks for detailed info am going into service department for a recall this Friday and will show them this. Happy Holidays. Recall for a 19S34 HVAC blower motor may not have proper clearance between electrical terminal and conductive base plate? I have read about talk light recalls already yet have not received one. This came in last week and I am in SOCAL.

Sky Valley

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Sorry, could not get the link to open? Can you resend it please? Also is there any difference in an xl alt and/or lariat as far as how many tie downs are included?
Here's the link: https://www.amazon.ca/Machinery-Sho...ds=M8+shoulder+eye+bolt&qid=1577567630&sr=8-2

And the 2019 Brochure states 6 bed tie downs... regardless of XL / XLT / Lariat trim level.

2019 Ranger Brochure Page 15 Pickup Box Tie Down Hooks -6-.jpg

Not sure if this was posted or not in the thread, looked quickly through and didn’t see it, but went to my dealer to ask them to order my missing hooks and the service guy wasn’t very receptive. None the less he started looking into it and found a notice from Ford that they did a running change effective July 24th, 2019 that made the assembly to include only 4 hooks no longer 6. Notice said any vehicle after that date will only have 4 so no luck for me to get the other 2 for free.
If your truck is a 2019, the brochure states 6 bed tie downs... lean on the dealer, I bet they'll get you the tie downs.

Good luck!

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
While we're on the tie down subject, what is the purpose of the left front being mounted mid-height and the right is low-mounted?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
While we're on the tie down subject, what is the purpose of the left front being mounted mid-height and the right is low-mounted?
The tie downs in the front are mid height to allow you to strap something up against the front of the bed.

The other tie downs are low to allow you to secure the load down to the floor.

Stock SuperCrew Bed.jpg

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Last edited:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
If your truck is a 2019, the brochure states 6 bed tie downs... lean on the dealer, I bet they'll get you the tie downs.
It doesn't matter what the brochure says, because the brochure says the specs can change. The dealer might pay for a couple of tie downs for good will or they might not.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
It doesn't matter what the brochure says, because the brochure says the specs can change. The dealer might pay for a couple of tie downs for good will or they might not.
The dealer was very cooperative with me and paid for the 2 missing bed tie downs and assy hardware on our truck that was built 7-19-2019. And a lot of other members here have had that same experience too.

Yes there is a disclaimer.... there's always a disclaimer. But if we can be realistic, it does matter what the brochure states. It's a matter of good faith between the seller and the buyer.

People buying a new vehicle expect that vehicle to be complete, not to be missing parts or sealants due to assembly line issues.

Last edited:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
The dealer was very cooperative with me and paid for the 2 missing bed tie downs and assy hardware on our truck that was built 7-19-2019. And a lot of other members here have had that same experience too.
Yes, you may be able to get your dealer to pay for them. But people should understand that they're asking the dealer for a favor that they don't have any right to expect, and with that knowledge in mind determine how they want to proceed. Saying over and over that the brochure says 6 implies that people are entitled to 6 and that ford will pay for 6--which isn't correct. Other people have reported that their dealers actually checked with ford, got the answer that ford wasn't going to pay for more tie-downs, and were told they weren't getting more tie-downs.

Yes there is a disclaimer.... there's always a disclaimer. But if we can be realistic, it does matter what the brochure states. It's a matter of good faith between the seller and the buyer.
It's not a matter of good faith, it's a matter of good will--which goes both ways. A person needs to decide for themselves whether this is what they want to spend the good will on. (E.g., do you dig in for $30 worth of parts, or knock a few hundred off the price? Are a couple of tie downs worth an argument? This will depend very heavily on what kind of relationship you have with the dealer and other particulars which are really hard to generalize.) If the dealer jumps all over doing this, then sure, why not take it. If it's a negotiation, then people should be aware of exactly what they're asking for and what it's worth. (And if someone really wants to pursue this, do it as a condition of purchase--don't expect the dealer to get a case of generosity after the deal is done.)

People buying a new vehicle expect that vehicle to be complete, not to be missing parts or sealants due to assembly line issues.
It's not an assembly line issue, they just decided to save some money by omitting a feature. There was speculation that it was a parts problem, but it was just speculation--the 2020s make it pretty clear that it was intentional.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Yes, you may be able to get your dealer to pay for them. But people should understand that they're asking the dealer for a favor that they don't have any right to expect, and with that knowledge in mind determine how they want to proceed. Saying over and over that the brochure says 6 implies that people are entitled to 6 and that ford will pay for 6--which isn't correct. Other people have reported that their dealers actually checked with ford, got the answer that ford wasn't going to pay for more tie-downs, and were told they weren't getting more tie-downs.

It's not a matter of good faith, it's a matter of good will--which goes both ways. A person needs to decide for themselves whether this is what they want to spend the good will on. (E.g., do you dig in for $30 worth of parts, or knock a few hundred off the price? Are a couple of tie downs worth an argument? This will depend very heavily on what kind of relationship you have with the dealer and other particulars which are really hard to generalize.) If the dealer jumps all over doing this, then sure, why not take it. If it's a negotiation, then people should be aware of exactly what they're asking for and what it's worth. (And if someone really wants to pursue this, do it as a condition of purchase--don't expect the dealer to get a case of generosity after the deal is done.)

It's not an assembly line issue, they just decided to save some money by omitting a feature. There was speculation that it was a parts problem, but it was just speculation--the 2020s make it pretty clear that it was intentional.
Joe Public orders a new Ford Ranger, based on a Ford brochure and what the Ford dealer told Joe. The truck arrives and it doesn't match what the brochure or what Ford told Joe.

And you say that Ford is going to do Joe "a favor" if they follow through with what they told him?

I had no argument at all with the dealer, I asked, they delivered. Ford states it gets 6 tie downs, it arrived with 4.

I'm trying to help folks get what they already paid for, what they were told they would get.

And what exactly are you trying to do Mike? Do you work for Ford? Are you a lawyer?

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Joe Public orders a new Ford Ranger, based on a Ford brochure and what the Ford dealer told Joe. The truck arrives and it doesn't match what the brochure or what Ford told Joe.

And you say that Ford is going to do Joe "a favor" if they follow through with what they told him?

I had no argument at all with the dealer, I asked, they delivered. Ford states it gets 6 tie downs, it arrived with 4.

I'm trying to help folks get what they already paid for, what they were told they would get.

And what exactly are you trying to do Mike? Do you work for Ford? Are you a lawyer?

One of the reasons I like this forum is that generally people seem to respect each other and play nicely unlike some of the Jeep forums I view.

Truth is:
The 2019 brochure said that there is 6 tie downs. The brochure on the last page also says: "Ford reserves the right to change product specifications, pricing and equipment at any time without incurring obligations." As CoJo stated above: "..a notice from Ford that they did a running change effective July 24th, 2019 that made the assembly to include only 4 hooks no longer 6." So those Rangers manufactured after 7/24/19 have 4 tie downs, not 6.

So what VAMike says above is correct. If your dealership is willing to give you 2 additional tie downs as a good will act, that is great, but he doesn't have to do so. The manufacturer made the change to the production, not the dealership.

I think those Ford customers that received Rangers manufactured after 7/24/2019 with 4 tie downs and their dealerships are willing to supply the 2 additional ones should thank the dealership and if the dealership won't supply the additional tie downs the customer should just move on as I did.

I do not work for Ford and I am not a lawyer.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.