Not open for further replies.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
And you say that Ford is going to do Joe "a favor" if they follow through with what they told him?
No, I'm saying Ford isn't going to do anything at all. The dealer might, at their cost. Ford specifically said in the brochure you keep quoting that they can change things whenever they feel like it, specifically so that (for example) if they feel like changing the number of tie downs they can just do it. The same way (for example) those of us that ordered back in 2018 who saw a spec sheet with a driver's side grab handle that never made it to production didn't get our handle and Ford didn't offer to add one. Since tie downs are pretty easy to obtain, a dealer might just eat the cost of some (or a junior sales guy might eat the cost without knowing it). No way a dealer would fab a driver side grab handle, regardless of whether you wave a spec sheet around. If you don't understand the relationship between Ford and the independent dealerships, that's something to look into.

And what exactly are you trying to do Mike? Do you work for Ford? Are you a lawyer?
Nope, just someone who can read and apply logic.

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
Not sure if this was posted or not in the thread, looked quickly through and didn’t see it, but went to my dealer to ask them to order my missing hooks and the service guy wasn’t very receptive. None the less he started looking into it and found a notice from Ford that they did a running change effective July 24th, 2019 that made the assembly to include only 4 hooks no longer 6. Notice said any vehicle after that date will only have 4 so no luck for me to get the other 2 for free.
Ford apparently made the change in the number of tie downs before 7/24, as my truck was built on 6/25 and only has 4. They are at the front and middle.

I tried to order 2 tie downs and 4 bolts this week. Now the bolts are on back order.

Last edited:

Sky Valley

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Ford apparently made the change in the number of tie downs before 7/24, as my truck was built on 6/25 and only has 4. They are at the front and middle.

I tried to order 2 tie downs and 4 bolts this week. Now the bolts are on back order.
My 4 were at each end and none in the middle. If your vehicle was made prior to the notice you should still be able to obtain them for free. It should be written up as a service warranty.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang

This sounds more like two were robbed from your truck to put on another. The later trucks that only came with four have them at the four corners with the two missing in the middle.

hawk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
This sounds more like two were robbed from your truck to put on another. The later trucks that only came with four have them at the four corners with the two missing in the middle.

My truck's four tie down are in the corners too.......Mine was delivered to dealer in October.

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
Mine was a special Order, so I don't think that happened.

hawk43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I was told at dealer the screws are on back order....I didn't order any today anyhow.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I was told at dealer the screws are on back order....I didn't order any today anyhow.
So the screws are on back order now... when we ordered ours in late October the tie downs were on back order?

The screws are 8mm-1.25 threads. You could always check availability at a local hardware store. :idea:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I will attempt to point out the lack of 6 tie-downs to my salesperson when (hopefully) I take delivery of my 2020 next week and see what happens.
As everyone knows by now, the 2019 sales brochure stated 6, while the 2020 publication simply states 'tie downs', so Ford could meet the intent by just installing 2.
Hopefully, they won't have another 2020 but an early build 2019 nearby for me to point out this 'discrepancy'. I won't press on the issue, however, and do with just 4, although I find it to be an incredible practice of cost-cutting on Ford's part.

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine today but no bolts. Not a problem, Ace Hardware to the rescue. But here's my take. If a manufacturer quotes a feature and it isn't there, then you have a grievance. The advertising didn't say "May come with six tie downs".

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
The tie downs in the front are mid height to allow you to strap something up against the front of the bed.

The other tie downs are low to allow you to secure the load down to the floor.

Stock SuperCrew Bed.jpg
I'm referring to both FRONT ties. One is mounted higher than the other.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I'm referring to both FRONT ties. One is mounted higher than the other.

So you are saying on your SuperCab... these front tie downs... one is higher than the other? Can you post up a photo?

Front Tie Downs.jpg

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
So you are saying on your SuperCab... these front tie downs... one is higher than the other? Can you post up a photo?

ATTACH=full]29278[/ATTACH]
My bad. I guess that they appeared that way with the tonneau on. I might have thought that one of the tonneau straps was one of the tiedowns. I measured them and they are even. Of course there's always the possibility that someone sneaked in my garage and leveled them!:bandit:;)

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I got mine today but no bolts. Not a problem, Ace Hardware to the rescue. But here's my take. If a manufacturer quotes a feature and it isn't there, then you have a grievance. The advertising didn't say "May come with six tie downs".
I disagree, you (nor I) have a "grievance" concerning this matter.

True, page 16 of the 2019 Ranger sales brochure does list (6) pickup box tie-down hooks as standard equipment, but page 25 of the same brochure states the following:

"Ford reserves the right to change product specifications, pricing and equipment at any time without incurring obligations"

Essentially, this gives Ford a carte blanche in what they choose to equip the vehicle with, which is exactly what they did, they eliminated (2) of the (6) hooks.
Ford is totally within their legal rights by making this statement and not providing (6) tie-down hooks. They (nor the dealer) are in any way obligated to provide the additional (2) hooks, nor the attaching hardware.

As I stated in an earlier post within this subject, when I take delivery of my 2020, hopefully, next week I'll point out the lack of (6) tie-down hooks and see where it takes me, but I am certainly not going to make a "grievance" of it. All the sales department associate needs to do is to point out this disclaimer in the brochure, I won't have a foot to stand on then. If I get lucky, fine and well, if not, well, life goes on...

Don't get me wrong, I am totally with you on this cost-cutting measure, it's amazing how ALL manufacturers cut vehicle costs, but I prefer not to make myself appear as a fool by pursuing the matter.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.