Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@AzScorpion
How was your test drive?
Hi Chris, It went great. I was hoping to hear back from one last quote and report back everything together but still waiting for it. The 2.0 turbo was really really nice to drive and had some good power. It's hard for me to compare it to ours because I've had my tune in for so long now I forgot what a stock Ranger feels like but I think ours still has more zip to it. I guess I'm use to driving a turbo now and like it much more. The 3.6 wasn't bad but a little more sluggish compared to the turbo. I did get to take it up on the highway (101) for about 4 miles and had some good power when you stepped on it at 65. At 75 mph it was just under 2000 rpm's so the 8 speed works really well, it never felt it lugging like ours does at times. Overall I really liked it over the 3.6L and will definitely go with that one.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Come on now. Why would you not want this gem of a Bronco?

5C3E3332-1FF9-46B5-BE1B-94B32CAA8A46.png

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Come on now. Why would you not want this gem of a Bronco?

5C3E3332-1FF9-46B5-BE1B-94B32CAA8A46.png

This is the model that Ford is creating giving allocations to the big dealers. I already posted it in this thread along with a bunch of other overpriced ones. Not sure about that one but I bet the others sell. Cant wait until the markets flooded with them and they're only worth $25-$30K.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Oh yea because everyone knows the Japanese and Europeans are TOTALY ethical and up-front in EVERYTHING they do..Jeez.
I didn’t say that. I got screwed by fords BS on my first Focus RS order.. they shafted the small dealers then too.

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
This is the model that Ford is creating giving allocations to the big dealers. I already posted it in this thread along with a bunch of other overpriced ones. Not sure about that one but I bet the others sell. Cant wait until the markets flooded with them and they're only worth $25-$30K.
i personally think the Bronco will flop… it’s honestly never gonna live up to the capability of the Jeep and won’t ever have the aftermarket support. And resale value… I agree, it’s gonna tank.

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
i personally think the Bronco will flop… it’s honestly never gonna live up to the capability of the Jeep and won’t ever have the aftermarket support. And resale value… I agree, it’s gonna tank.
I don't think it will totally flop but I do think once the "newness" wears off they'll need rebates/incentives to move them. I've only been glancing at aftermarket stuff for the Jeep and it's crazy how much is out there.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I loved my 2012 Wrangler…performed great and no issues.…and the newer JL version is even better!

Good article in November 2021 Motortrend, too:
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/...-wrangler-daily-livability-comparison-review/

52AA6486-DA7D-4315-A64C-B2A2F762CBCD.jpeg
Thanks for the article Steve. That was one nice looking Jeep, it must of been hard to part with it. I'm really leaning towards getting the Rubicon and letting the dust settle on the Bronco craze for now. Some are still having problems and I'd rather they iron most of the kinks out.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
@AzScorpion Dave, if you get the heated seats/heated sterring wheel you wll be amazed at how much better they are than Fords. And, you'll wonder why Ford can't get an engine/transmisson duo to work as good together as Jeeps 8 spd, and any of their engines. Also, the Alpine system (if you get that) is better than anything Ford, and GM has ever had. I could put the Bose system in my Corvette, and that so called upgraded system in the wife's Mustang together and wouldn't get as good of sound as the Alpine.
Definitely wish the steering wheel was heated in my Ranger. However, I don't see how anybody can complain about the seats. The high setting will literally start to burn your ass in mere minutes. You want shitty heated seats? Go try a Mazda.
Being a 4x4 I'd rather new for the warranty and I can use it for a business write off. :)
How exactly is a 2 door offroad toy a business write off?

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Definitely wish the steering wheel was heated in my Ranger. However, I don't see how anybody can complain about the seats. The high setting will literally start to burn your ass in mere minutes. You want shitty heated seats? Go try a Mazda.

He'll probably put a screwdriver in the glove box and call it a work vehicle.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
He'll probably put a screwdriver in the glove box and call it a work vehicle.
That's my point.

I get it. The loophole is there, we're all looking out for ourselves. I'm sure Dave pays his share of taxes, and I'd maybe do the same. But this is one of the things wrong with our country.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Having a very good accountant helps. :wink: I take my Ranger out as my primary work vehicle and add the Jeep. As long as I can work out of it it's a legal deduction. You'd be amazed what I can write off, legally of course. Trust me I'm. way to little be be in prison and be someones wife. :lipssealed: I don't take any unnecessary chances.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
whatever works.
I know a guy who bought a ski boat because he had a customer the other side of the lake...didnt let them know there was a fire access road though....just that he needed a boat to move supplies to the jobsite.
then got himself a RZR 1000 for snow removal It actually moved snow quite well with a modified quad blade (once or twice to have pics of it "working")
I was actually thinking of getting a side x side and using it for a partial write off. I could "technically" drive it to work on days when all my equipment is already there and for doing estimates. Everyone here drives them on the road so it would work.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Having a very good accounts helps. :wink: I take my Ranger out as my primary work vehicle and add the Jeep. As long as I can work out of it it's a legal deduction. You'd be amazed what I can write off, legally of course. Trust me I'm. way to little be be in prison and be someones wife. :lipssealed: I don't take any unnecessary chances.
I get that's it's legal.

Doesn't make it right though.

Again, not saying I wouldn't do the same either.
Sponsored