First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I guess insurance won't cover this? Nor will an extended warranty? It's gotta suck paying for all this "coverage" and then having to pay out cash anyway.
My daughter had $1800 in damage done to her explorer by mice an she made a car insurance claim. Had to pay the deductible but got a rental out of it too

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
no you'll have pack rats instead .... lol
This guy seems to love the desert...Kangaroo Rat...actually size of a mouse with long legs...

440px-Speedy_Gonzales.svg.png

Last edited:

ttrucks

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 ranger
I use wd40 and spray down engine and wires, wheel wells never had a problem

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
I use wd40 and spray down engine and wires, wheel wells never had a problem
Doesn't wd40 damage soy-based wire insulation?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Bit of a back story, When Margie and I decided to marry and our looming bike trip to Hawaii turned out to be our destination wedding (another story), six months later, we decided to buy a Huge Class A Motorhome to tour the USA. So...part of our purchase price that we negotiated was six months of RV storage in the Detroit area as we were relocation to Arizona and building our home in Green Valley. I promised the RV that it would never see snow... and we pre rented a spot in the Green Valley RV Park. We used short trips to get used to the $$$ Class A diesel pusher. Then came the trip to leave Michigan for good. Stop in Colorado Springs to visit Margie's brother and then on to warm Arizona to settle into what would become almost a year in the Green Valley RV Park as our house was constructed. We did not know but on the trip from Michigan, we carried another passenger...a Michigan field mouse. This little mouse chewed on our newly purchased RV Awing Mat...ruining it. Anyway we park and set up the RV for the long haul in our Green Valley RV Park spot, and I opened up a bay door and this mouse shot out of the RV into the desert...shocking me! Then mouse stopped outside the fence and I am sure it was going WTF....Where am I. I bet a rattle snake had a nice meal out of the Michigan field mouse...Desert is so different to the green grass/weeds of Michigan...

Best,
Phil

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hate the mice - had one try to nest in my Passat’s hood liner at the cottage so I started looking for their burrows and setting traps as well as Warfarin packs - squirrels disappeared, so I stopped using the Warfarin packs.

I checked the traps one morning and one was gone - nowhere to be seen. I wonder what got into trouble that night - cat? garter snake? bird? coyote?

?‍♂

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
I just did a search and see Honda sells a rodent tape #4019-2317 because they have the same problem. It appears Tobe tape coated with some type of hot sauce and mouse pictures printed on the outside. ???

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I just did a search and see Honda sells a rodent tape #4019-2317 because they have the same problem.

It appears Tobe tape coated with some type of hot sauce and mouse pictures printed on the outside. ???
It won't work with this guy he loves hot sauce. ?

Speedy González.jpg

Jmckinley

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C Max, 2019 Ranger XLT SuperCab, Kawasaki VX 300, Mazda Miata, Damon Motorhome
Occupation
Retired Engineer
When they got into mine last winter it was a mess. Smelled really bad, almost overnight. Here's the sad story:
(1) They built a nest on top of the cab air filter. This guaranteed that all feces and urine would soak into the filter and then the smell would be spread throughout the vehicle. They also scavenged anything shiny and built that into the nest.
(2) Like someone else said, they made their way inside the console by the shifter and built a nest there also.
(3) Built another nest under the rear seat where the jack is stored (extended cab). That cubby is easily accessible through 4 or 5 holes into the unibody.
(4) To top it off, literally, they made their way up the driver's side A Pillar into the areas above the headliner. They proceeded to stock it with catfood they found in a bag in the garage.
(5) There may have been more nests, but I couldn't find them.

I retaliated with traps at bottoms of wheels and on top of the battery. That netted two causalities. and then the prevention measures began:
(1) Sprayed all wiring in Engine compartment with peppermint spray.
(2) Bought a fairly high-capacity Ozone generator and ran it a lot for a couple of weeks in the cab. This is a double-edged sword- Ozone displaces the oxygen and creates a fatal atmosphere in the cab and the ozone helps get rid of the odor. It's necessary to air the vehicle out before driving or the ozone will kill you too.
(3) Sprayed nesting areas with vinegar solution.
(4) Placed "Fresh Cab" bags under the seats. Reported to be unbearable for mice and has a pleasant fresh odor too.

My invasion happened in my garage with two cars and a motorcycle next to the ranger with no invasions.
Sponsored