Mexican? Ranger with Texas plates in 2016

JohnDLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL Supercrew FX4
Back in 2016 I was down in McAllen I came across this Ranger in one of the strip malls. I had read that the Ranger would eventually be returning to the US but nothing official was out yet. I assumed this Ranger was from Mexico and either someone convinced DPS to register it, or they just threw on plates from a legit US Ranger. I just remembered this and felt like sharing. I cropped out the plate numbers because I don't want to out them either way.
2016MexicanFordRangerTexas.jpg
Sponsored

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
You should expose the license plate.....for having such a filthy Ranger :p and for the crappy parking...

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
You should expose the license plate.....for having such a filthy Ranger :p and for the crappy parking...
Gotta agree -- if you're gonna import a standout, be a standout in a positive way!!

Importing from Mexico and Canada got pretty easy with NAFTA. Saw a Mazda BT-50, again with Texas plates a couple years ago.

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
Uh, yes. Immediate fail for the park job. Guy's obviously a sociopath

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
There are videos on you tube about importing vehicles that arenā€™t technically importable through us territories like USVI or Puerto Rico. Not sure if a non US built ranger VIN would red flag a states DMV like say a right hand drive diesel Land Rover or a euro spec supercar. Being in Vermont I can easily get a title for a vehicle simply with a bill of sale. Title in hand or not. Not as easily done in other states.

Willcuts93

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Flex '19 Ranger
Occupation
Technician
I've seen at least 2 of these recently near San Antonio with Texas plates.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Uh, yes. Immediate fail for the park job. Guy's obviously a sociopath
Ya'll are a little harsh on the parking. Poor fella! Our Rangers may be smaller than a F-150, but they sure are heck to park straight! Ask me how I know. :crackup:

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
I remember seeing them in the Philippines, when we spent a couple weeks there 3 or 4 years ago, I was telling my wife " that would be a nice pickup for us, hope they make it to the USA ".

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
Pfff! you could have at least peek and see if it had the diesel or a manual box...some spy you are!
:sunglasses:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Wonder if a military member was stationed somewhere that sold them an brought it back with him. I knew a guy that brought a Rolls back with him from Scotland. usually they are vintage cars an some guys like the right hand drive models to stand out here.

Reactions: Doc

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
O.K., points off for the uneven parking and all the dirt, but how about some "extra-credit" for the unique front end, cool wheels, and aggressive tires?

ChiefQM

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I had seen the Ranger in England, Germany and in Ireland over the last 5 years and when I saw them on sale here, I jumped on it. I usually rent a vehicle for 2 or 3 weeks while we are over there - my wife is British - so I have had a chance to drive several European models of vehicles before they come here. Last one I got (leased, actually) was a Ford Kuga, sold here as the Escape. Tiny turbocharged motor, 6 speed manual gearbox, shifting with the wrong hand and driving on the wrong side of the road. Great stuff.

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
What's with all the nagging on this guy's parking? It was an extra large space (don't know what the signage says) but he left plenty of room on the drivers side to the white line. There is no rule you have to be perfectly centered. And so what about the dirt. Maybe be he just pulled in from being off-road. Stop being so darned judgmental. Maybe we are all jealous he was able to get his hands on a G5 Ranger a few years before we did? lol

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger Ė‹19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
O.K., points off for the uneven parking and all the dirt, but how about some "extra-credit" for the unique front end, cool wheels, and aggressive tires?
Wich unique front end? Thatā€˜s the design fail they sold worldwide between ā€™12 and ā€™16 while you didnā€˜t have a ranger there. :wink:
Sponsored