MBRP EXHAUST 3IN CAT BACK, TURN DOWN

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I'll try to get a better exhaust clip now that it's been on the truck for a month. Install was straightforward, sound is deeper and not much louder than factory. My biggest thing was getting rid of the tailpipe hanging out of the side and it did that. For the price and what I wanted it to do, I'm very happy with my purchase.

MBRP1.jpg

MBRP2.jpg

MBRP3.jpg

MBRP4.jpg
I am looking at this too as it removes a little weight and cleans up the looks. Do you have much more drone than stock? I am going to get the stainless version as well and am not too worried about it lasting. Plus, I always keep my vehicles clean inside and out. The sound is not bad at all and I actually think it is quieter than their side exit. Any issues with vehicle inspection?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I looked at the same kit but decided against it after considering extra unneeded moisture under the truck that others on here mentioned and potential fumes come up by the right rear door while idling... that’s the corner of my truck that my daughter’s car seat is in.
I agree entirely, never been a fan of dumping the exhaust under the vehicle for any reason, especially since they added cats. The fumes and moisture will rot out more than just the exhaust. I don't want to have to replace my truck bed. There is a reason they dump it outside of the body. Paint it and put a nice tip on it, and stainless by all means, wherever you are.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I agree entirely, never been a fan of dumping the exhaust under the vehicle for any reason, especially since they added cats. The fumes and moisture will rot out more than just the exhaust. I don't want to have to replace my truck bed. There is a reason they dump it outside of the body. Paint it and put a nice tip on it, and stainless by all means, wherever you are.
I ended up going with the MBRP Pro Series 304 stainless single exit system. Very happy I decided against the turn down one!

ChuckD

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger xlt sport
Occupation
Usps
I really think everyone is thinking to much into the negatives of what could be from this exhaust. I have been running this exhaust for months. I've sat in traffic for hours and never once smelled a single fume. I'm not buying the "extra moisture" from the exhaust. I've drove ford trucks my whole life and even with those cheap plastic liners that trap moisture under them I never had one rust away in 10 years of continuous ownership. The exhaust sounds great and it's priced well.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I really think everyone is thinking to much into the negatives of what could be from this exhaust. I have been running this exhaust for months. I've sat in traffic for hours and never once smelled a single fume. I'm not buying the "extra moisture" from the exhaust. I've drove ford trucks my whole life and even with those cheap plastic liners that trap moisture under them I never had one rust away in 10 years of continuous ownership. The exhaust sounds great and it's priced well.
Like every other mod brought up in this forum. It's your truck, if you like it, do it. Nobody is telling YOU not to do it. We are just discussing the reasons why we personally wouldn't do it. Just like I'm not going to put a lift kit and bigger tires on my truck, not my style, don't need to. I personally would like to lower the back of the truck to level it, not raise the front. But, again that's me. unfortunately there is no easy way to do that.

Take your truck and make it yours and enjoy the ride. Opinions are just that, and everyone one has one about everything.

ChuckD

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger xlt sport
Occupation
Usps
Like every other mod brought up in this forum. It's your truck, if you like it, do it. Nobody is telling YOU not to do it. We are just discussing the reasons why we personally wouldn't do it. Just like I'm not going to put a lift kit and bigger tires on my truck, not my style, don't need to. I personally would like to lower the back of the truck to level it, not raise the front. But, again that's me. unfortunately there is no easy way to do that.

Take your truck and make it yours and enjoy the ride. Opinions are just that, and everyone one has one about everything.
I agree with you 100%. I posted my experience with product that I use. Theories and opinions are great. However they shouldnt be taken as facts nor should they deter someone from making there truck their own. It appeared that's what happened in this case. This is a great tool for ideas for these trucks. I too would have preferred to drop the rear to level it.

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
I'll try to get a better exhaust clip now that it's been on the truck for a month. Install was straightforward, sound is deeper and not much louder than factory. My biggest thing was getting rid of the tailpipe hanging out of the side and it did that. For the price and what I wanted it to do, I'm very happy with my purchase.
I really like that. Just a little extra oomph. As much as I love performance exhaust systems if I wanted my vehicle to sound like a Civic Si I would have bought one.

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Fwiw, mine is dumping just past the axle and I put two carbon monoxide detectors in my topper. It didn't pick up any more CO than before. I tested the detectors with the candle test beforehand too.

If there isn't a detectable level of Co in my topper, I'd bet that the cabin Co levels are just fine!

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I agree with you 100%. I posted my experience with product that I use. Theories and opinions are great. However they shouldnt be taken as facts nor should they deter someone from making there truck their own. It appeared that's what happened in this case. This is a great tool for ideas for these trucks. I too would have preferred to drop the rear to level it.
I agree with both of you. And about the leveling, it would be nice to drop the rear a little as a level instead of raise the front. This is an aftermarket option for 4WD F-150s, and I wish we had it too. Maybe an inch or an inch and a half. Someone needs to make some blocks or shackles...

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I agree with both of you. And about the leveling, it would be nice to drop the rear a little as a level instead of raise the front. This is an aftermarket option for 4WD F-150s, and I wish we had it too. Maybe an inch or an inch and a half. Someone needs to make some blocks or shackles...
I think Bell tech is working on that...Here’s Freakride..

784A0DAB-2383-4C7D-87C4-EDDD11DF1E67.jpeg

BFB116F7-479B-49BB-924B-2C77BD55CBA4.jpeg

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I think Bell tech is working on that...Here’s Freakride..

784A0DAB-2383-4C7D-87C4-EDDD11DF1E67.jpeg

BFB116F7-479B-49BB-924B-2C77BD55CBA4.jpeg
For my use, and my short fiance, my FX4 will be lifted plenty at a height a little more level front to rear by keeping the front at stock height and lowering the rear a little. A little rake will be fine, but the factory rake is extreme.

Last edited:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
For my use, and my short fiance, my FX4 will be lifted plenty at a height a little more level front to rear by keeping the front at stock height and lowering the rear a little. A little take will be fine, but the factory rake is extreme.
I agree completely, Just need someone to come up with a way to do it without it costing an arm and a leg, needing to rebuild the entire rear suspension like Doc did. Seams like an axle flip and different springs are the only option. Waiting for someone to come up with a kit.

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I pulled the trigger today on the stainless version. I got it for $339, so shipped it came out to a little over $360. I'll review once I have the time to install it. Getting married in a little over a month, so that is taking up a lot of time. But hey, she's 29 and I am 52, so I am not going to complain... ?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician

MBRP1.jpg

MBRP2.jpg

MBRP3.jpg

MBRP4.jpg
I really like the saound of it and I like what it mounts the tail pipe for off road clearance. By chance did you notice any increase on fuel mileage?

bb1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hot Pepper Red XLT
Does the MBRP exhaust include a resonator and muffler?
Sponsored