Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger - 2010 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase
I actually just bought this setup two weeks ago. My channel is in the comments of those videos. I am AtillaFilms! I want to post a sound clip myself with an install I recorded. Problem is that it's always raining.
Sponsored

Danger Ranger 09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford ranger
I actually just bought this setup two weeks ago. My channel is in the comments of those videos. I am AtillaFilms! I want to post a sound clip myself with an install I recorded. Problem is that it's always raining.
Do you think this system is pretty loud all the other exhaust seem way to quiet to me.

AtillaTheHung

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase
Do you think this system is pretty loud all the other exhaust seem way to quiet to me.

I was going to post a clip, but the file is too large. You can hear my truck across my neighborhood when you give her throttle. It’s pretty loud per my standards. Not FlowMaster Super 10 loud, but louder than my 2010 4.0 with cats/straight pipe.

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone with a Ranger in Los Angeles have this Exhaust by any chance????? Would be cool to hear it first hand before I buy it.

Danger Ranger 09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford ranger
I was going to post a clip, but the file is too large. You can hear my truck across my neighborhood when you give her throttle. It’s pretty loud per my standards. Not FlowMaster Super 10 loud, but louder than my 2010 4.0 with cats/straight pipe.
Can you post it to YouTube

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Straight 3" and no cat on a Flowmaster 40 sounds amazing on my other 2.3 turbo.... I believe in their ability to engineer a sound.

BlueSport

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X2
Anyone with a Ranger in Los Angeles have this Exhaust by any chance????? Would be cool to hear it first hand before I buy it.
Hello do u know if this california legal?? Im so confused on aftermarket exhaust

TommyAtomic

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Hello do u know if this california legal?? Im so confused on aftermarket exhaust
So "California Legal" generally refers to alterations that do not impact emissions. The opposite of deleting the cat. The term is typically used by products meant to go to market in states other than California that are adopting clean air regulations. Most states do not have their own clear air regulations. They just vaguely borrow regulations from California and call it "California Legal". Since you're actually in California I think you want CARB legal (California Air Resources Board). CARB legal means that the the developer or manufacturer of the product went down the actual current CARB regulation checklist and tested the product. I'm not sure if there's a CARB legal certification. Even though we have our own clean air reg's in Canada we still see aftermarket automotive products marked California Legal.

As I understand it, in everywhere that's NOT California-"California legal" means you wont fail emissions testing if you install it. As long as it doesn't tamper with the Cat or result in loss of metered air or unmetered air(like a venting BOV) it's probably "California legal". I cant speak to the contents of the current CARB legal regs because it doesn't effect me so I've never looked it up. For all I know current CARB legal requirements in 2020 could have a noise pollution aspect. No clue.

You could probably ask a local store from a chain of Muffler shops. Sometimes they're 'Brake and Muffler' shops. Most store-chains will be sufficiently risk averse that they will know what is and isn't legal.

If you don't care about CARB legal even though you're in California and actually just want "California legal" anything Cat-back is fine. Therefore, the Flowmaster Cat-Back exhausts are fine.

Last edited:

BlueSport

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X2
So "California Legal" generally refers to alterations that do not impact emissions. The opposite of deleting the cat. The term is typically used by products meant to go to market in states other than California that are adopting clean air regulations. Most states do not have their own clear air regulations. They just vaguely borrow regulations from California and call it "California Legal". Since you're actually in California I think you want CARB legal (California Air Resources Board). CARB legal means that the the developer or manufacturer of the product went down the actual current CARB regulation checklist and tested the product. I'm not sure if there's a CARB legal certification. Even though we have our own clean air reg's in Canada we still see aftermarket automotive products marked California Legal.

As I understand it, in everywhere that's NOT California-"California legal" means you wont fail emissions testing if you install it. As long as it doesn't tamper with the Cat or result in loss of metered air or unmetered air(like a venting BOV) it's probably "California legal". I cant speak to the contents of the current CARB legal regs because it doesn't effect me so I've never looked it up. For all I know current CARB legal requirements in 2020 could have a noise pollution aspect. No clue.

You could probably ask a local store from a chain of Muffler shops. Sometimes they're 'Brake and Muffler' shops. Most store-chains will be sufficiently risk averse that they will know what is and isn't legal.

If you don't care about CARB legal even though you're in California and actually just want "California legal" anything Cat-back is fine. Therefore, the Flowmaster Cat-Back exhausts are fine.
Thanks so much... im proabably gonna go this route sounds reall nice

Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I’d say it’s like the perfect level of loudness. If you accelerate hard it’s plenty loud but when driving easy/idling there’s just enough rumble to let you know it’s there. Any louder and it’d be annoying; again this is all imo though, I’m not super experienced with exhausts so I have nothing to compare it to.

AtillaTheHung

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase
Did you do it yourself...no lift or welding?
Yes. 45 minutes on concrete. No wielding. Watch my YouTube post to listen to it. :)
Sponsored