MBRP EXHAUST 3IN CAT BACK, TURN DOWN

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Has anyone installed the MBRP CAT BACK, TURN DOWN cat back on their Ranger? The price looks very attractive, any Pic or Sound Clips?

https://offroadpowerproducts.com/mb...pXGTRogHgXF515cgqT4LpKQtbr4kVuK0aAqy1EALw_wcB
If you’re on the 2019+ Ranger Owner’s group on Facebook I’m pretty sure there was one posted on there a month or so ago. I looked at the same kit but decided against it after considering extra unneeded moisture under the truck that others on here mentioned and potential fumes come up by the right rear door while idling... that’s the corner of my truck that my daughter’s car seat is in.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Has anyone installed the MBRP CAT BACK, TURN DOWN cat back on their Ranger? The price looks very attractive, any Pic or Sound Clips?

https://offroadpowerproducts.com/mb...pXGTRogHgXF515cgqT4LpKQtbr4kVuK0aAqy1EALw_wcB
I had a Borla stainless Catback exhaust on my 1993 Ranger 3.0 and it sounded good, then I got an MBRP Catback exhaust on my 2004, 4.0 and it sounds even better...it is side exhaust behind the rear wheel like the factory. I'm wondering what it sounds like on the 2.3 Ranger. I refused to get it for my 2016 2.3 Eco Mustang, I saw one and think it sounded like a rice-burner, no offense intended ;)

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think it applies to your location, but if you are in the snowy area with road salts that exhaust material, aluminized steel, will disintegrate in a short amount of time.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I don't think it applies to your location, but if you are in the snowy area with road salts that exhaust material, aluminized steel, will disintegrate in a short amount of time.
Definitely. My aluminized Dynomax system on my old Ranger only lasted 2 years before the tailpipe rotted off!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely. My aluminized Dynomax system on my old Ranger only lasted 2 years before the tailpipe rotted off!
Hi Adam,

Yep...high salt .... rotted exhaust... not worth the upgrade. Stainless is the only way to go in these environments. My mantra to my engineers. Put Midas out of the exhaust business.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

BluBombr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
I fix cars (and gas trucks) real good.
If you’re on the 2019+ Ranger Owner’s group on Facebook I’m pretty sure there was one posted on there a month or so ago. I looked at the same kit but decided against it after considering extra unneeded moisture under the truck that others on here mentioned and potential fumes come up by the right rear door while idling... that’s the corner of my truck that my daughter’s car seat is in.
That's mine. I'll see if I can get the video uploaded on YT and get it posted on here from where I posted it there.

BluBombr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'll try to get a better exhaust clip now that it's been on the truck for a month. Install was straightforward, sound is deeper and not much louder than factory. My biggest thing was getting rid of the tailpipe hanging out of the side and it did that. For the price and what I wanted it to do, I'm very happy with my purchase.

MBRP1.jpg

MBRP2.jpg

MBRP3.jpg

MBRP4.jpg

OP
OP

da808moto

First Name
Wi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT
I'll try to get a better exhaust clip now that it's been on the truck for a month. Install was straightforward, sound is deeper and not much louder than factory. My biggest thing was getting rid of the tailpipe hanging out of the side and it did that. For the price and what I wanted it to do, I'm very happy with my purchase.

MBRP1.jpg

MBRP2.jpg

MBRP3.jpg

MBRP4.jpg

Thanks for sharing pic and sound clips. I actually don't really like the stock tail pipe hanging out of the side either, I would prefer no pipe out or dual pipes coming out from the rear under the the bumper.

Since everyone said the material on this cat back system will prone to rust, I am thinking how about painting the whole cat-back system with high temp BBQ Grille spray can before installing it, will probably help prevent rust from the snow climate, but for condensation inside the pipe and muffler, really nothing can be done.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to hear a 3'' cat back w/out the muffler

Reactions: Doc

woody

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xl supercab 4 x 4 towed
I had a MBRC ( crap ) on a durango that lasted 8 months before it discriminated

never again

BluBombr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks for sharing pic and sound clips. I actually don't really like the stock tail pipe hanging out of the side either, I would prefer no pipe out or dual pipes coming out from the rear under the the bumper.

Since everyone said the material on this cat back system will prone to rust, I am thinking how about painting the whole cat-back system with high temp BBQ Grille spray can before installing it, will probably help prevent rust from the snow climate, but for condensation inside the pipe and muffler, really nothing can be done.
Get the stainless setup, you shouldn't see any rust issues out of it
I had a MBRC ( crap ) on a durango that lasted 8 months before it discriminated

never again
What did it discriminate against?

woody

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xl supercab 4 x 4 towed
installed in august and after the winter at the end of may the next year my car repair guy could not remove it with out disintegrating into small pieces of rust . good thing I saved the org. exhaust pipe so he could reinstall it

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Yea I mean you should know better. If you live in a climate with snow and salt, don't buy an aluminized steel exhaust. It's simple as that. I live in Indiana so I bought the stainless version from MBRP.
Sponsored