OP
Grey Razor

Grey Razor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Sport • 2015 Audi S3 • 2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR • 2005 Lancer Evolution VIII MR
Occupation
Learning Technology Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Do you notice any performance increase?
I do feel that the powerband has shifted ever-so-slightly, favoring the top-end of the curve now. A tune would definitely unlock it’s full potential.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Grey Razor

Grey Razor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Sport • 2015 Audi S3 • 2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR • 2005 Lancer Evolution VIII MR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Does the kit fit well? I’d love to hear a drive-by and/or acceleration from outside the truck if you ever get a chance!
The kit fits very well and went on easily. I will definitely try and record some drive-by’s when I get the chance.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
The kit fits very well and went on easily. I will definitely try and record some drive-by’s when I get the chance.
Thanks, looking forward to it! An exhaust system is one of the last things I’d like to check off my list but having a hard time deciding.

A_Jake_Life

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4 in hot pepper red.
Vehicle Showcase
Any update on the drive by/outside sounds? I wanted the gibson dual originally because of the dual rear exist look, but it sounds like ass compared to this.

Danger Ranger 09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford ranger
Any update on the drive by/outside sounds? I wanted the gibson dual originally because of the dual rear exist look, but it sounds like ass compared to this.
I agree this is the best sounding exhaust I have heard so far

OP
OP
Grey Razor

Grey Razor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, I have been slacking and haven't gotten around to recording that yet. I hope to capture that very soon and post it here. :thumbsup:

Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
My exhaust’s shipping was delayed a little bit. I should have my truck with it by Monday or Tuesday though, and I’ll be sure to make some videos once that happens.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
My exhaust’s shipping was delayed a little bit. I should have my truck with it by Monday or Tuesday though, and I’ll be sure to make some videos once that happens.
Thanks, I'd like to hear what you think of the sound in person!

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
That is the best sounding aftermarket exhaust I’ve heard!

Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Update: I got the truck with it! Sounds absolutely amazing. No cabin drone whatsoever, just a little rumble when idling/driving easily that lets you know it’s there. When you get on it though, it’s pretty surprisingly loud! I didn’t have time to get an outside revving video tonight (I’m in the city so too much road noise) but I got some interior easy/moderate/hard acceleration videos I’ll upload later.

Like I said though, videos do absolutely no justice. The noise is so much deeper and fuller in person.

Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Uploaded a compilation of all of the interior videos with descriptions before each;

Sorry about the road/other noises, it was literally just filming on my way home from grabbing the truck.

My quick review; great rumble, not annoying/no drone whatsoever but just enough character to let you know it’s there at idle/smooth driving. When you lay on it a little more, you get occasional loud, beautiful rumbles and then when you let off, if you’re outside you hear this beautiful backfiring noise; it’s delicious. This exhaust truly shines when getting on the highway though; at those higher speeds, accelerating hard let’s out that great noise in clip 3 of the video. It’s louder and more personified in person.

For those asking about performance gains; definitely nothing noticeable, but it’s a little louder and everybody knows loud = fast so you feel a little faster :wink:. As for fuel economy, I’ll keep my eye on it but I expect it to either stay the same or drop since this exhaust encourages a bit more hard accelerating :p

I’ll try to get some exterior revving/drive-by videos when I get the chance to find an empty road and a friend to film!

Last edited:

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone out there installed one of the FlowFX Cat-back Exhaust Systems yet?:

https://www.holley.com/products/exhaust/exhaust_systems/flowfx/parts/717909

...if so, could you please post a sound clip? Would love to hear the exhaust note and how it compares to Borla / Magnaflow / etc.
I was wondering about this too..... it sounds great! Just wondering if I will get tired of how loud it may be, but all the other aftermarket exhausts I watched videos of seemed soooo quiet.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Not too loud, not too quiet. Sounds great! :like:

You know, I really was needing to find something else to waste spend my money on for this truck. :D

I just put a full 3" Flowmaster exhaust on my V8 Grand Cherokee and my wife immediately complained that it was no longer a nice, quiet family vehicle, which it never was meant to be. It's my toy.

If this exhaust were too loud she would hate me for "ruining" 2 vehicles.

No matter how loud it is, it can't be louder than the occasional roar from the cooling fan o_O

Last edited:

2020FX4

First Name
El Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FX4 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
HA... It's another subject, but ya!!! What's up with that fan noise.... it's crazy loud.

Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Not too loud, not too quiet. Sounds great! :like:

You know, I really was needing to find something else to waste spend my money on for this truck. :D

I just put a full 3" Flowmaster exhaust on my V8 Grand Cherokee and my wife immediately complained that it was no longer a nice, quiet family vehicle, which it never was meant to be. It's my toy.

If this exhaust were too loud she would hate me for "ruining" 2 vehicles.

No matter how loud it is, it can't be louder than the occasional roar from the cooling fan o_O
Yeah I don’t think she’ll have that concern here. Unless you’re intentionally accelerating to try and get the RPMs up a bit, it barely sounds different then normal. That’s the beauty of it for me; business by day, party by night.
Sponsored