Love my 19 Ranger but the Lariat F150 V8 sure is enticing at these prices!

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
Had my oil changed at the dealer and walked around the lot and became quite comfortable in a 2020 Pearl metalic white Leather F150 Lariat V8 with all the tow add on's and big 36 gal tank - priced from MSRP $60,600. down to 52K and KBB says my ranger with lo miles is worth 33K at trade in. F150 owners V8 or 2.9 for reliability ? Dreaming what if. Love the way this Ranger handles, parks and easier to drive then my old full size Chevy but still miss full size space and comfort. Could tow a little more with this I am thinking also If I had a mind to.

PO FOrd. 2020 F150 Trlr pkg .png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
The only F 150 I was interested in was a reg cab short bed 2wd. motor wouldn't matter too much but the 5.0 sure sounds good an the turbo motors have so much untapped power.

I bought my ranger while waiting on an oil change on my '16 fusion. 6K in rebates sealed the deal.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I just traded my 2013 F-150 Platinum 5.0L for a Jeep Wrangler. Never had one problem, and they are great trucks. The reason I traded was the parking lot spaces are getting smaller, and tighter to get more cars in the lots. It was a problem to get around in the truck. Of course I found quickly that I can't do without a truck, and ordered a Ranger. Oh, and BTW, I couldn't turn that F-150 in a 40 acre field. Just something to consider before you make the deal.

snorlax

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Parts Advisor
I just traded my 2013 F-150 Platinum 5.0L for a Jeep Wrangler. Never had one problem, and they are great trucks. The reason I traded was the parking lot spaces are getting smaller, and tighter to get more cars in the lots. It was a problem to get around in the truck. Of course I found quickly that I can't do without a truck, and ordered a Ranger. Oh, and BTW, I couldn't turn that F-150 in a 40 acre field. Just something to consider before you make the deal.
Yeah this is me, I love having a full size. Most comfortable thing and If I worked where my house is I would probably have a full size but I work right next to our capital and navigating a full size truck on some streets is just something that isn't fun, let alone the parking lol. I'm happy with the ranger and its size. Perfect for my life scenario.

FordFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4 Ranger, 2022 Sonata Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Had my oil changed at the dealer and walked around the lot and became quite comfortable in a 2020 Pearl metalic white Leather F150 Lariat V8 with all the tow add on's and big 36 gal tank - priced from MSRP $60,600. down to 52K and KBB says my ranger with lo miles is worth 33K at trade in. F150 owners V8 or 2.9 for reliability ? Dreaming what if. Love the way this Ranger handles, parks and easier to drive then my old full size Chevy but still miss full size space and comfort. Could tow a little more with this I am thinking also If I had a mind to.

PO FOrd. 2020 F150 Trlr pkg .png
I just traded in a 2018 Lariat F150 for my Ranger. The F150 with the 2.7 averages around 19.5mpg at 65mph. There are options not available on the Ranger, and vice-versa. Mine just took up too much room with my Mustang in the garage. Parking is a pain in the ass too. Lots aren’t made for them.

Off-road, a Ranger goes more places. My F150 would go through 2’ of snow without issue but packed it under the fenderwells like nothing I’ve owned before. My 2018 had 6 or 7 recalls on it for stupid stuff that took an entire day because they had to drop skid plates each time. Never had a mechanical issue with it.

Good luck with your choice!

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Will an F150 fit in your garage ?

One of the most important factors for my Ranger purchase.

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
Well I did it 3 years later. Traded for a 2022 F150 Lariat and it is sweet. I got as much in trade in as I paid for my 19 Ranger XLT, including tax and registration just 45 days short of running out of 2019 Warranty! Means I drove it for $00.00 for nearly 3 years but did have to come up with the difference in $$ which was a chunk of change, but I am happy.

IMG-6637.jpg

IMG-6626.jpg
Sponsored