Maaan, I love my ranger

Sped68

First Name
Harley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
It’s pretty awesome you can find such emotional connection to your family and late father through your new Ranger. The ability of vehicles to do that for us is what makes them so great. For many of us they’re not just basic transportation, they bring out a lot of emotional attachment for many reasons.
Growing up my parents had nothing but Fords. From Torino’s and Bronco’s to a German built mercury Capri, Ranchero and a pimpin 70’s conversion van and many others. I’ve had several other brands of vehicles through my life but it was a bit more special when I bought my first brand new truck and it was a Ford Ranger.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Great story. Stay strong. With a positive attitude nothing can bring you down.
I really like the look of the SCAB and would have gotten one if it was available.
A dealer nearby has a '20 SCAB 4x4 XL that I like the look of, so much that I contemplated trading in
my '21 SCREW STX 4x2.

Edit: A little pricey, I think. They are asking 33,980.
This is the one: 2020 SCAB 4x4.

Desert Sage

First Name
Lowell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew
Occupation
Educator
They say when one loses a parent, one feels like an orphan. Not to worry- with all the friends you have here on this forum, there is no need to ever feel like that. More than that, you can be sure we'll be here for you long after you put all those many miles and smiles on your Ranger ride.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
In times of suffering, always remember this. You may never change the past, but you can always change the oil.
Post of the day!!!

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Here ya go...

Another version. This was the 2012 TT as I recall. Have no idea who is depicted at the beginning of the clip.

Ranger X

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver Ranger Sport 4x4
@thunders_truck great story! You are the master of your own destiny, good things happen to good people. Your Dad and your family are proud of you……. Keep smiling my friend and pay it forward, always.

PS: I know how you feel, I love my truck also.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
@thunders_truck great story! You are the master of your own destiny, good things happen to good people. Your Dad and your family are proud of you……. Keep smiling my friend and pay it forward, always.

PS: I know how you feel, I love my truck also.
[/QUOTE
Maaan, I love my f***in ford ranger...

You are the first vehicle I bought entirely with my own money after landing my first big boy job as a new graduate...

Driving you home for the first time, I felt happy for the first time in the unthinkable early months after my dad suddenly passed.

Even my mom couldn't stop smiling and laughing with joyous pride when she saw her little boy all grown up, pulling up to her driveway with his sparklin' new dream truck.

You helped me grow stronger from the painful memories of finding my dad that day.

because you showed me again that the world is, indeed, beautiful

You took me out West for the first time, climbing mountains and weathering all kinds of terrain and precipitation, just so I could get a view

You kept me and my girlfriend comfy and safe at the camping music festival, where we reconnected with our best friends and I rediscovered my lifelong love for music after the tough & dark pandemic years...

And you'll be there to help my little sister move in to college this weekend, when her dad couldn't make it to see her get accepted into the university of her dreams.

In a way, his spirit lives on through you, I think. After all, he *was* a respected detroit auto engineer, and he *always8 stood by Ford as being the best of the automakers he had done work with. I hope he's driving the Mustang GT of his dreams, with the top down, in heaven right now.

Last but not least, I'm grateful to have stumbled onto this website called Ranger Five G.

In addition to the hilarious/ridiculous bickering, sh*t posting, and bizarrely frequent advertisements by damper industry shills,
those guys have taught me everything I need to know about finally fixing my own damn car like my dad always wanted me to.

In fact, they taught me how to get my hands dirty and change my own oil, how to swap out lights, shocks. I learned the intricacies of tire sizing, amplifier wiring, paint protection, alignment angles, man you guys really ignited my love and passion for cars and trucks and learning how they work.

Funny thing is, I can tell that my enthusiasm has been rubbing off on my loved ones lately, to whom I am grateful for the opportunity to introduce them to the wonderful world of cars.

And what better way to honor my dad?

Love you all. Thank you for reading my semi-poetic ramble on this blessed day & and for making up this fantastic community that i love checking every day.

Tell it neighbor!!! A religious experience for sure! My ministry can't run on air, so give generously and the Lord will bestow great blessing upon you and yours!

Sponsored

Last edited: