First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 73 Bronco
Occupation
Retired Navy Officer
Anybody remember how many turns to back out the idle mixture screws on a Holley 2bbl? is it 1/2 or 1 1/2?
I start at 1.5 and go from there finding the rough at low end and then the over idle at high, then back to middle of that.
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
sync 3 already has 4G/LTE (at least the one the ranger does; maybe not older ones). if it didn't, a firmware update wouldn't help.
Thanks for the claification, Mike. I assumed since my Dronemobile app start hardware in my Mariner was 3G, they all were.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I start at 1.5 and go from there finding the rough at low end and then the over idle at high, then back to middle of that.
Yup-yup. Do both screws the same. On a Holley 780cfm there are two more for the back barrels.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Thanks for the claification, Mike. I assumed since my Dronemobile app start hardware in my Mariner was 3G, they all were.
what blows my mind is that ford issued a bulletin that some models got 3G radios as late as MY2020 (which you can upgrade to 4G for the low, low price of about $300!!!)

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
So I guess I'll add that I also got the notice of a sync update, but I have the baby stereo with the smaller screen. I've gotten notified of several updates in the past year, but the only change I've ever noticed was that Waze was removed from the compatible app list (it never worked on the small screen anyway, but I bet it could have if Ford wanted it to). So is there a way to find out what changes happened with each revision?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I guess I'll add that I also got the notice of a sync update, but I have the baby stereo with the smaller screen. I've gotten notified of several updates in the past year, but the only change I've ever noticed was that Waze was removed from the compatible app list (it never worked on the small screen anyway, but I bet it could have if Ford wanted it to). So is there a way to find out what changes happened with each revision?
waze works fine with android auto/carplay, and does now update the little screen (at least with android auto). what was removed AFAIK was applink/smartdevicelink support that waze stopped supporting. (this was a "standard" that some of the auto manufacturers were pushing to let apps interact with the car, but it was clunky and android auto/carplay won that fight--surprising nobody except the auto manufacturers.)

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
waze works fine with android auto/carplay, and does now update the little screen (at least with android auto). what was removed AFAIK was applink/smartdevicelink support that waze stopped supporting. (this was a "standard" that some of the auto manufacturers were pushing to let apps interact with the car, but it was clunky and android auto/carplay won that fight--surprising nobody except the auto manufacturers.)
It sounds like you know more about this than I do. All I've ever connected to my Ranger is an iphone. I've never had any sort of Waze connectivity on the screen. I can use bluetooth and get waze sound notifications just like I can get any other bluetooth audio. Can you expand on what waze functionality exists with Android and the smaller screen? And to be clear, when I say smaller screen I am not referring to the dash cluster. I am referring to the base sync system with a 4" non-touch screen.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sounds like you know more about this than I do. All I've ever connected to my Ranger is an iphone. I've never had any sort of Waze connectivity on the screen. I can use bluetooth and get waze sound notifications just like I can get any other bluetooth audio. Can you expand on what waze functionality exists with Android and the smaller screen? And to be clear, when I say smaller screen I am not referring to the dash cluster. I am referring to the base sync system with a 4" non-touch screen.
oh. sorry, I should have checked vehicle type. I was talking about the dash cluster, that's something that magically started working with one of the updates. if you're just using bluetooth audio I think there should be no change in functionality (for better or worse). the old applink stuff may have worked with the 4 inch screen (don't know) but it doesn't matter since it's dead on the waze side anyway.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
So is there a way to find out what changes happened with each revision?
The only way I know of and this is for Sync3 is to go to Cyanlabs and down load the Sync Updater app to your PC. You can pick each release and get a dialogue box with what was changed.
Sponsored