First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Ford dropped v3.4.21265 late last week and is available on CyanLabs Updater tool. Ran the update on Monday and so far everything seems very stable with no major changes noticed. Takes about 25 min to complete the update. One thing to note so far is that I am no longer having the frequent but random Bluetooth disconnect/reconnect notification popups when using Android Auto that was present on v21194.

Just a side note people on CyanLabs are reporting that within a few days of updating and if auto update is left on the Sync system has been rolling back to an earlier build when the truck has an active WiFi internet connection. Apparently at some point it dials home and when sees it's not on the version Ford says it should be it overwrites / downgrades to a much earlier build. No clue why it's doing this more now with this build than before but just something to watch for if you update to v21265 with the tool.
Sponsored

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
On Oct 25, I received a notice on the Ford Pass app that there was an update available. I checked my SYNC and auto updates was already on and says its up to date. So I guess it updated itself. But I haven't noticed anything different.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Someone else commented on this version and @UofMEngineer said that it wasn't really for the Ranger.

Stay with 21194. There's nothing in the new drop for a Ranger, besides a new voice package for Europe. That should be getting pushed OTA by itself anyway.
I'm just giddy that between the latest version of Sync and iOS I can now access the most recent playlists while the vehicle is moving.

This simple change removes a LOT of hate.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
It's not going to do a thing different from 21194 besides a little placebo effect unless you have a specific screen, which isn't in Ranger. There's an updated voice pack for Europe only that works with 21194 and 21265 that's going out OTA. That one won't do anything for you in Europe unless you're in Finland. Moral of the story, you're fine with 21194.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
It's not going to do a thing different from 21194 besides a little placebo effect unless you have a specific screen, which isn't in Ranger. There's an updated voice pack for Europe only that works with 21194 and 21265 that's going out OTA. That one won't do anything for you in Europe unless you're in Finland. Moral of the story, you're fine with 21194.
Thanks for the information. Also, thanks for all of your help and information on all the Ranger updates, much appreciated by me.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Went back and checked my version. Its 21194 and it says its up to date.

OP
OP
Porpoise Hork

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Agreed. The list of changed files from 21194 to 21265 can be found here and Cyanlabs is showing two QML files were updated. So aside from the voice pack that does not apply to the NA market, Ford did make some changes here and there. Not sure as to what yet but at least for mine the Bluetooth connection is infinitely more stable to my Galaxy S20.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Someone else commented on this version and @UofMEngineer said that it wasn't really for the Ranger.

I'm just giddy that between the latest version of Sync and iOS I can now access the most recent playlists while the vehicle is moving.

This simple change removes a LOT of hate.
Well this giddy was short lived.

The Carplay list of Recently Played doesn't match the list of Recently Played on my phone and is way off (it matches perfectly on my Pioneer and Kenwood aftermarket Carplay head units)

Sync Carplay shows me playlists that I haven't played in months, and the one I JUST played won't show up in the list.

Disconnected Bluetooth/Carplay, deleted teh truck from phone connections, rebooted the phone and reconnected and still no change.

Grrr...

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I heard they blasted these out just to raise awareness of the existing updates.
Seems I can now access my recent playlists while driving on IOS, where I couldn't before, so this is big for me at least.

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Ford dropped v3.4.21265 late last week and is available on CyanLabs Updater tool. Ran the update on Monday and so far everything seems very stable with no major changes noticed. Takes about 25 min to complete the update. One thing to note so far is that I am no longer having the frequent but random Bluetooth disconnect/reconnect notification popups when using Android Auto that was present on v21194.

Just a side note people on CyanLabs are reporting that within a few days of updating and if auto update is left on the Sync system has been rolling back to an earlier build when the truck has an active WiFi internet connection. Apparently at some point it dials home and when sees it's not on the version Ford says it should be it overwrites / downgrades to a much earlier build. No clue why it's doing this more now with this build than before but just something to watch for if you update to v21265 with the tool.
Yeah, the latest update killed my FordPass. Customer service says I need to bring it to the dealer and have them install the update.
Can I go to Cyanlabs and do the install myself?
Sponsored