Is my Sync update Current?

Sapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I am planning on updating my Ranger’s navigation system, but before I do that I would like to be sure that I have the latest version.

Below is a photo of my Sync info screen.
B15C6FF3-8E80-4AB3-8838-4725C69A6DEF.jpeg
Sponsored

Peter949

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Version 3.4 is the newest one with a lot of minor builds. Google Cyanlabs Syncupdater if you are adventurous.

OP
OP
Sapo

Sapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I’ve tried to update it following the prompts on the touch screen. It scans for updates, stops and nothing happens. I wonder if my WiFi connection is fast enough to get the update.

Peter949

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve tried to update it following the prompts on the touch screen. It scans for updates, stops and nothing happens. I wonder if my WiFi connection is fast enough to get the update.
You can try the Fordpass official site and see if there's a official update to download from there. Pretty sure there is a 3.4 update because my early 2019 had one on there last I checked.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager

OP
OP
Sapo

Sapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Well, I tried once again to update to 3.4 with negative results. I spent some time on a chat with the SYNC technical support people. The rep walked me through it and she couldn't figure it out. I made an appointment with Capital Ford in Santa Fe for tomorrow morning. Below is an excerpt from the chat transcript with SYNC:

Inquiries of a technical nature are best referred to our dealerships because they have factory-trained technicians, comprehensive service information, and specialized equipment to resolve your concerns. They are in the best position to discuss and review your request.
You: I took it to Capitol Ford in Santa Fe a few days ago and after a three hour wait they did nothing. The service advisor informed me that it was very easy and I could do it myself.
Taneka: This is true, Mike. However, you're experiencing issues that we are unable to troubleshoot on our or your end. When this happens, we suggest reaching out to your local dealer who are in the best position to assist since we are not trained technicians.

So back to Capital Ford I go to discuss this again with the service advisor or maybe the General Manager.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Well, I tried once again to update to 3.4 with negative results. I spent some time on a chat with the SYNC technical support people. The rep walked me through it and she couldn't figure it out. I made an appointment with Capital Ford in Santa Fe for tomorrow morning. Below is an excerpt from the chat transcript with SYNC:

Inquiries of a technical nature are best referred to our dealerships because they have factory-trained technicians, comprehensive service information, and specialized equipment to resolve your concerns. They are in the best position to discuss and review your request.
You: I took it to Capitol Ford in Santa Fe a few days ago and after a three hour wait they did nothing. The service advisor informed me that it was very easy and I could do it myself.
Taneka: This is true, Mike. However, you're experiencing issues that we are unable to troubleshoot on our or your end. When this happens, we suggest reaching out to your local dealer who are in the best position to assist since we are not trained technicians.

So back to Capital Ford I go to discuss this again with the service advisor or maybe the General Manager.
How did you try to update again-wifi or USB? If only wifi, then I would try the USB process. Be sure to follow the setup for the USB per the directions.

Also, be aware that when you update, you will have the new graphics/color scheme.

OP
OP
Sapo

Sapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
How did you try to update again-wifi or USB? If only wifi, then I would try the USB process. Be sure to follow the setup for the USB per the directions.

Also, be aware that when you update, you will have the new graphics/color scheme.
Yes, I am aware that the 3.4 will come with the new graphics but I need to have Sync at 3.4 before I can install a Map Upgrade to my built in navigation system.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Yes, I am aware that the 3.4 will come with the new graphics but I need to have Sync at 3.4 before I can install a Map Upgrade to my built in navigation system.
Have you tried the USB update?

OP
OP
Sapo

Sapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I’ve been at the Ford dealer for 2.5 hours. The service tech claims he had tried everything and he believes that 2019 Rangers can’t be updated to SYNC 3.4.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I’ve been at the Ford dealer for 2.5 hours. The service tech claims he had tried everything and he believes that 2019 Rangers can’t be updated to SYNC 3.4.
3.4.21194 is the current software in my 2019 Ranger. That is also what the Ford Sync site says for my VIN. What does the website say?

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
The tech has no clue. If they cannot get their process to work, then you most likely have bad hardware.
It shouldn’t be that hard for them to figure out.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I updated my 17 Mustang came with Sync3 ver. 2.2 and was upgraded to 3.0 then to 3.4.

I highly recommend you go to Cyanlabs.net and down load their Sync Updater software. You can pick the update version you want (would recommend you stick with 3.4.21194) and you can down load the 2020 maps at the same time. The updater software will properly format your USB stick and transfer the files to the stick.

If you do the update and maps at the same time plan on a little over an hour to update. I go for a drive when I update, this avoids the danger of the truck shutting down before the update is complete.
Sponsored