locking gas plug

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
tracy my 84 year old aunt lives in cottonwood, she sleeps with a .410 shotgun by her bed, i would NOT advise anyone to enter her house at night unannounced LOL......her family knows to call in advance of coming to the house . that is Gods country right there.
Yes, believe me, mine is not far from me either!:)
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Well, this is probably as safe a place to live as most. Unfortunately, you have people that would just rather steal what you have rather than get a job and purchase it themself. I figure those people exist lots of places. Instead of moving from place to place to get away from them, I would rather deter them.
I'm all for a little bit of deterence.

I'm well armed, keep the doors locked, have 2 big dogs, and keep all my vehicles except my old jeep garaged at night.

I also don't worry about people stealing my Jeep's gas. And if I accidentally/lazily leave one of the nicer vehicles out overnight with the windows down the only thing I worry about is snow/rain. It's not like I ive in the country either. I'm in a small suburb 20 minutes away from a metro area of about 2 million people.

Perhaps I'm just kidding myself?

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
Yes, believe me, mine is not far from me either!:)
just had my will updated a couple of days ago, my ashes are to be spread on their property where my moms are, underneath an old old oak tree her and her brother used to play on, in and around. her brother is my aunts husband who passed last year. Uncle Bobby was the best, but that is a story for another time. they were like a second mother and father for us, those days are past i am afraid.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm all for a little bit of deterence.

I'm well armed, keep the doors locked, have 2 big dogs, and keep all my vehicles except my old jeep garaged at night.

I also don't worry about people stealing my Jeep's gas. And if I accidentally/lazily leave one of the nicer vehicles out overnight with the windows down the only thing I worry about is snow/rain. It's not like I ive in the country either. I'm in a small suburb 20 minutes away from a metro area of about 2 million people.

Maybe not. It’s great you don’t have to worry about crime. It’s not like I sit around and constantly worry about it, just that I try to be careful.
I have not had any problem with anyone stealing my gas. Ever. But, I have heard of people doing it, though my husband says it’s not as easy for people to do these days. Heck, the other night on the news, it showed a home video of a well organized theft of a catalytic converter. It took just a quick couple of minutes. People steal them for platinum according to my husband. This is happening in our general area.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just had my will updated a couple of days ago, my ashes are to be spread on their property where my moms are, underneath an old old oak tree her and her brother used to play on, in and around. her brother is my aunts husband who passed last year. Uncle Bobby was the best, but that is a story for another time. they were like a second mother and father for us, those days are past i am afraid.
It’s great that you have those fond memories of them. This really is a wonderful area to live in. :)

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Don't know about that. But, I live in a mid size town in NoVA. We had a yard sale about 15 years ago. Everything set out up front, the usual. Some young woman walked up the street, which is sort of weird for our area and started just browsing slowly. Didn't think anything of it. Later we noticed that someone had gone around the back, gotten into our garage, emptied the glove boxes and the purse of a friend who was there with us.

So yeah. sh** happens. We lock our doors all the time now. To the point that my wife drove off and locked me out of the house while I was mowing the lawn. She just turned the lock out of habit. :)

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:shock: Ok, let me tell ya’ll a little “back story”. One night I was awakened by my dog losing his mind. Peeked out the window and saw a mob of about 8 people in our front yard with shovels and sticks in their hands. My heart about jumped out of my chest! All I could think was home invasion. Grabbed my shotgun and husband grabbed his. Turned out, they had come for help because their truck had broken down, while night fishing, in a pasture way across from us in the middle of nowhere. One of them knew my husband and knew my husband would help them. The sticks and shovels were to protect them from snakes, coyotes, etc.
Anyway, there were 2 women with them (one was pregnant). We had popcorn and cokes while my husband took some of the men to fix the truck. They were a great bunch of folks who just needed some help.
Thank God.

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Maybe not. It’s great you don’t have to worry about crime. It’s not like I sit around and constantly worry about it, just that I try to be careful.
I have not had any problem with anyone stealing my gas. Ever. But, I have heard of people doing it, though my husband says it’s not as easy for people to do these days. Heck, the other night on the news, it showed a home video of a well organized theft of a catalytic converter. It took just a quick couple of minutes. People steal them for platinum according to my husband. This is happening in our general area.
My Sister lives in Austin, TX and someone stole the Catalytic converter off of her Prius last week. I sent her a security camera so that she might be able to prevent that from happening again.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Sister lives in Austin, TX and someone stole the Catalytic converter off of her Prius last week. I sent her a security camera so that she might be able to prevent that from happening again.
Or, even if it doesn’t prevent it, maybe it would help catch the rascals and put them out of business!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
:shock: Ok, let me tell ya’ll a little “back story”. One night I was awakened by my dog losing his mind. Peeked out the window and saw a mob of about 8 people in our front yard with shovels and sticks in their hands. My heart about jumped out of my chest! All I could think was home invasion. Grabbed my shotgun and husband grabbed his. Turned out, they had come for help because their truck had broken down, while night fishing, in a pasture way across from us in the middle of nowhere. One of them knew my husband and knew my husband would help them. The sticks and shovels were to protect them from snakes, coyotes, etc.
Anyway, there were 2 women with them (one was pregnant). We had popcorn and cokes while my husband took some of the men to fix the truck. They were a great bunch of folks who just needed some help.
Thank God.
Hi Tracy,

I am happy to hear you were well armed to protect yourselves!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Tracy,

I am happy to hear you were well armed to protect yourselves!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Oh, yes. I would never shoot anyone for stealing from me, but let someone break in my house uninvited....

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
It's a balancing act for sure!
Don't know about that. But, I live in a mid size town in NoVA. We had a yard sale about 15 years ago. Everything set out up front, the usual. Some young woman walked up the street, which is sort of weird for our area and started just browsing slowly. Didn't think anything of it. Later we noticed that someone had gone around the back, gotten into our garage, emptied the glove boxes and the purse of a friend who was there with us.

So yeah. sh** happens. We lock our doors all the time now. To the point that my wife drove off and locked me out of the house while I was moving the lawn. She just turned the lock out of habit. :)
Yeah, I'm all for locking doors and whatnot. Just never once had to worry about gas being stolen. We'll see how high the prices get though.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I have not had any problem with anyone stealing my gas. Ever. But, I have heard of people doing it, though my husband says it’s not as easy for people to do these days.
Around here gas thieves don't bother with the filler, they just punch a hole in the plastic polyethylene gas tank. I don't know if the Ranger's tank is plastic polyethylene or not (probably is) but I wouldn't worry too much about protecting the filler.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I didn't say it would work. I SAID GOOGLED FORD TRUCKS!!! The OP said none are made. I never SAID I searched for a RANGER!!!

The ignore feature is awesome....
You did say it would work, your first line was “they do”.
Sponsored