Local Ford Dealer adding $10K to all Sticker Prices!!!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
They're too greedy to do that. Scale of operations brings down costs and when one of the big three realize that and start pumping them out again and then using incentives to move inventory the other two will respond in kind. Plus, in the US we are use to going to the lot, test driving what we want, and then haggling or going to another dealer to get a better price. MSRP or MSRP+ pricing is temporary thing and won't last, however, it will probably last until the chip shortage is over for good which will most likely be 2023 sometime.
This plus you would need over 50% of the other manufacturers to go along with this to work. If only the big 3 did this they'd be out of business as most would go elsewhere. Ford better get their head out of their a$$ soon because I think these last 2 launches are really making things worse for them. Add to this how they treated Bronco reservation holders and backtracked on everything they said, it's really pissed off a large number of people. Some who aren't even buying a Bronco, they don't like a dishonest company.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
All it takes is one buyer with the cash. And with the internet, you can ask whatever price you want.
I'm still waiting for someone to take this off of my hands for $1200. Been a few months. One inquiry. :like:
1634753418079.png
Funny because my velvet Elvis sold right away. ?

Velvet Elvis.jpg

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
One local Ford dealer inventory is bone dry, another has the front lot full. Why: All the cars, including Rangers, Broncos, Explorers, Mustangs.... have an additional sticker adding $10,000.00 to the price.

(BTW I am in Cyber Orange County CA)

Heard used is just as crazy!

Time NOT to buy a car/truck!
It pays to shop around...some are gouging for sure. I have a Tremor and a Bronco both on order....MSRP in writing. No Dealer mark-up.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
That's G Wagon money!
Yeah, but the G-Wagens are so common at the country club that they're almost blase'.

What better way to say that you're stupid rich than to grossly overpay for a Ford that is still in production?

Gsxrdoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger, XLT 4x4, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Therapist -- Retired Navy
No worries, I got you covered. This one's custom with a painted top, mirrors and bumper all for only $149,988. ?

White Bronco.png
150k for a ford? WTF, that's LAMBO money or exotic car money not Ford Bronco.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah, but the G-Wagens are so common at the country club that they're almost blase'.

What better way to say that you're stupid rich than to grossly overpay for a Ford that is still in production?
Plus in a couple years when the newness has worn off Ford will be selling them with $5,000 off in incentives. Cant wait to see the look on everyone's face who grossly overpaid for theirs. o_O

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I wonder what the depreciation in 3 years will be for a $150,000 ford bronco.
It'a an OBX model so msrp is $41,500 before options so lets say $50K. In 3 years if this crazy used market stabilizes I'd bet $30K-$35K? There was nothing of any real value added just some paint work and possibly new tires.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This is getting dumber by the minute. I know it's a free market but this does not look good for Ford letting their dealers do this while they screw reservation holders. $72,000 markup! :mad:

$72K Markup.jpg

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
This is getting dumber by the minute. I know it's a free market but this does not look good for Ford letting their dealers do this while they screw reservation holders. $72,000 markup! :mad:

$72K Markup.jpg

That markup is more than the MSRP!!!! That is absolutely insane. That is over 115% markup over MSRP!

Oh, but Dave, it isn't ADM, it is "Market Adjustment". :crackup:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That markup is more than the MSRP!!!! That is absolutely insane. That is over 115% markup over MSRP!

Oh, but Dave, it isn't ADM, it is "Market Adjustment". :crackup:
I guess this allows me to have a "Market Adjustment" when I do my estimates tomorrow. Guess we all know how well that's go. ?
Sponsored