First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
XLT ordered here (300A) - yup it's there.

(Granted I can't remember if my Dad's 2019 STX has them but now that I think about it, probably not. My 2018 STX F-150 only has a passenger side vanity mirror in the visor).

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 9.39.09 AM.png
Do you really need to option up to get power locks and windows?
Sponsored

cVelBlu91

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 STX 4x4 "Big Blue"
Occupation
Payroll
On a bare bones XL model, you still get power locks. Power windows, I'm not sure.

Must edit myself again: research dictates that even the windows are powered on a barebones XL model.

Last edited:

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Yes! I wasn't going to but the base 100A only has a radio and the rear view cam displays in part of the rear view mirror. So I went nuts and splurged on the 101A to get the rear cam in the Sync radio (still a very small and pretty dumpy Sync - a truly miniature screen!) AND that got me the power mirrors too. There's enough of a height diff between me and my wife to make mirrors a somewhat significant deal ...

It is pretty weak that power mirrors aren't standard.

But I don't really have much to complain about, my FJ40 has crank-up windows (and the much loved front vent side windows). So this Ranger will be pretty fancy-pants for the likes of me! =)

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Ford doesnt make a bare bones truck. The XL has unnecessary garbage.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Ford doesnt make a bare bones truck. The XL has unnecessary garbage.
I like bare bones, less to crap out and easier to fix. Although, with the electronic stuff, I guess I'll lose my callouses with this truck. I read that even bleeding the brakes is a FORScan thing ... =(

Gone are the good old days of a tube coming from the caliper bleed valve into a coffee can of brake fluid.

Maybe I can get stuck from time to time to break out my 50 year old chain come-along and still feel like I can fix something myself!

GrayRanger

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Since there are many different threads on this I feel it's now worthy of a sticky. Just hit the edit button on this post to add any new additions so it keeps this thread updated.

1. no rear folding headrest
2. no hood struts(as of 2022)
3. no PRNDS light
4. no glovebox damper
5. no RANGER embossed into the Lariat seats
6. no console (pen) cubby
7. no 12V outlet in the console without 110v option
8. no bright trim rings on the 12v covers that matched the radio knobs
9. only 4 bed tie downs instead of 6 (as of mid 2019??)
10. no engine cover
11. no owners manual cover
12. Eco badge on tailgate
13. no plugs in the rocker panels
14. no ignition bezel (has always been missing)
15. steel front fenders (aluminum before) estimated after March 2021 and all 2022
16. no bright button on parking brake
17. no color keyed tailgate handle on Lariat just black plastic without chrome pkg.
18. no aluminum spindles, they're now steel
19. rear passenger doors no longer have external touch lock
20. front seat headrest tilt adjustment
21. (2) 4.2" productivity screens instrument cluster replaced with (1) 4.2" screen in Lariat 500A
22. Floor Mat mounting tabs on passenger side
23. no small cubby inside glove compartment to hold owners manual
24. no removable rubber pad at the bottom of the cup holder.

The attachment contains model year timing of eliminated features.
25. No rubber bumpers on inside fender lip to help support front of hood.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
For someone going from a 2019 to a 2022 this list has been helpful because there are little things like the tray in the console, the owners manual cover, the cup holder rubbers that I can take out of my 2019 and put in my 2022. Can't fix any of the major stuff, but it's helpful. Instead of Ford deleting for the new owner I did it myself! lol

HippoTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Gray Ranger Tremor
Random thing I noticed while looking at window stickers waiting for my Tremor to show up, post-February Lariats seem to have lost body color door handles (or at least it disappeared from window sticker). I think my build in mid Feb may be one of the last to get them.

philanderer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 ford ranger
For someone going from a 2019 to a 2022 this list has been helpful because there are little things like the tray in the console, the owners manual cover, the cup holder rubbers that I can take out of my 2019 and put in my 2022. Can't fix any of the major stuff, but it's helpful. Instead of Ford deleting for the new owner I did it myself! lol
yup. my owners manual cover in my raptor is coming with me when the ranger gets here. probably gonna sell my tonneau cover as well if i can move it, as it probably wont add any trade value if thats what i end up doing.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Random thing I noticed while looking at window stickers waiting for my Tremor to show up, post-February Lariats seem to have lost body color door handles (or at least it disappeared from window sticker). I think my build in mid Feb may be one of the last to get them.
There is a Lariat Ranger that arrived with my new XLT and it shows a blend date of late March and still has body colored door handles. I think they still have those. The tailgate handle however is now black one all models.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another one to add that I found in my 2022 after I picked it up. Rubber mat inside console is deleted. I would have grabbed mine out of my 2019, but I didn’t know it was gone.

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
Yes! I wasn't going to but the base 100A only has a radio and the rear view cam displays in part of the rear view mirror. So I went nuts and splurged on the 101A to get the rear cam in the Sync radio (still a very small and pretty dumpy Sync - a truly miniature screen!) AND that got me the power mirrors too. There's enough of a height diff between me and my wife to make mirrors a somewhat significant deal ...

It is pretty weak that power mirrors aren't standard.

But I don't really have much to complain about, my FJ40 has crank-up windows (and the much loved front vent side windows). So this Ranger will be pretty fancy-pants for the likes of me! =)
XL scab purchased off dealer lot with power mirrors on it. Maybe dealer added them to order but thought mine was the bare bones model

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
XL scab purchased off dealer lot with power mirrors on it. Maybe dealer added them to order but thought mine was the bare bones model
Maybe a reverse Quality control issue.
Sponsored